Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,070 members, 7,890,522 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:23 PM

Help! I'm Stranded - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I'm Stranded (2021 Views)

Help, I'm An Alcoholic! / Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) / Expectant Mum, Kids Stranded In U.S. After Husband’s Sudden Death (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hi,
I'm stranded here in gambia. I left nigeria April to hustle in gambia. I was offered employment before I left nigeria. After working for a month my boss sacked me. Reason : inexperience
I ve been looking for job since may that I lost my job. Nothing concrete. Any nairalander in gambia? Going back to nigeria isn't an option except I blow

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 05, 2017
Your boss should've been more willing to train you further instead of sacking you. Wasn't he aware of your inexperience before he hired you or you downplayed it? Anyway, if you can't find another job in the Gambia and don't want to go back to Nigeria, then maybe you should start a small business there, if you can.
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 05, 2017
WiredLeggings:
Your boss should've been more willing to train you further instead of sacking you. Wasn't he aware of your inexperience before he hired you or you downplayed it? Anyway, if you can't find another job in the Gambia and don't want to go back to Nigeria, then maybe you should start a small business there, if you can.

I didn't lie neither did downplay it. I ve no idea what small biz I could venture into. I don't mind suggestions
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by ifyalways(f): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2017
You are stranded but won't return home until you blow?

Bear in mind that Gambia is not Nigeria where anything goes and they have zero patience for foreigners, Nigerians especially who come into their country and commit any kind of crime.

Dem heart dark as dem skin color.

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 05, 2017
ifyalways:

Bear in mind that Gambia is not Nigeria where anything goes and they have zero patience for foreigners, Nigerians especially who come into their country and commit any kind of crime.

Aunty it seems u know them
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Acidosis(m): 10:03am On Aug 05, 2017
How long have you been in Gambia? Keep trying bro...you'll get there
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 05, 2017
Acidosis:
How long have you been in Gambia? Keep trying bro...you'll get there

3 months now

Thank you for the words of encouragement
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2017
If you must travel out: please, go to a reasonable country. At least one that's better than Naija in all ramification, not one that Nigeria is better than. Gambia of all countries?. grin

4 Likes

Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Martin0(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2017
Benita27:
If you must travel out: please, go to a reasonable country. At least one that's better than Naija in all ramification, not one that Nigeria is better than. Gambia of all countries?. grin
hahahah weitin Gambia do u,don't u see how the name sounds in igbo,(cam bia nu)which implies am coming,hopefully I thinks he know's what his doinggrin
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2017
GoingThruALot:

I didn't lie neither did downplay it. I ve no idea what small biz I could venture into. I don't mind suggestions

Hmm, then it was kinda cruel for him to sack you, knowing full well that you were inexperienced before he hired you and that you traveled from Nigeria to work for him. Perhaps your performance was just really poor and he didn't have the resources or patience any further. You didn't mention what this job was. As for business suggestions, I don't know what business you could start in the Gambia. You should have a better idea; or ask and look around. Do you have the capital to start one?

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2017
WiredLeggings:

Hmm, then it was kinda cruel for him to sack you, knowing full well that you were inexperienced before he hired you and that you traveled from Nigeria to work for him. Perhaps your performance was just really poor and he didn't have the resources or patience any further. You didn't mention what this job was. As for business suggestions, I don't know what business you could start in the Gambia. You should have a better idea; or ask and look around. Do you have the capital to start one?

I'm a Radiographer. I ve small amount to invest in small scale business like 50
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by baby124: 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2017
ifyalways:

Hehe. My opinion exactly. The guy is not stranded enough yet. When he is, he will go to the airport and beg to be deported. It's better to be jobless at home than be jobless in a foreign country.
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by baby124: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
GoingThruALot:

You are a radiographer but couldn't do your job? How come? Maybe you should find a way of going to school for a course to brush up your skills so that you are employable.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2017
baby124:

You are a radiographer but couldn't do your job? How come? Maybe you should find a way of going to school for a course to brush up your skills so that you are employable.

He has more sophisticated digital equipment. I ve not really worked with. From 4D ultrasound scanner to digital xray.
I erroneously assumed the equipment ll be analog I'm used to since it's gambia

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Stranded by baby124: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2017
GoingThruALot:

He has more sophisticated digital equipment. I ve not really worked with. From 4D ultrasound scanner to digital xray.
I erroneously assumed the equipment ll be analog I'm used to since it's gambia
Lol, a lot of African countries are actually more advanced than Nigeria. I suggest you research courses where you can brush up your skills. Call home and ask for financial assistance or a loan. When you brush up your skills which will probably take 6weeks-6 months, you should probably be able to get a job, pay your loans and move on with your life from there. Starting out a business in a foreign country legally can have a lot of bottlenecks sometimes. Which can put you in more of a financial mess than what you started with.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I'm Stranded by alexxo11(m): 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2017
GoingThruALot:
Hi,
I'm stranded here in gambia. I left nigeria April to hustle in gambia. I was offered employment before I left nigeria. After working for a month my boss sacked me. Reason : inexperience
I ve been looking for job since may that I lost my job. Nothing concrete. Any nairalander in gambia? Going back to nigeria isn't an option except I blow

boss home is best...just go back ..at most they will make fun of you a week or two ....it's not worth staying in foreign land with nothing...

2 Likes

Re: Help! I'm Stranded by ifyalways(f): 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
GoingThruALot:

Better come back home and invest that your small amount here. It's not easy for Nigerians to set up a legitimate small scale business in other African countries. You can only venture into whatever business:
If you have a lot of money as start up capital
Marry a local and use her name to set up the company (risky)
Get local partners (risky too)

Well, it's your decision to make. Your best chance is getting another job there or return home.

baby124:

Hehe. My opinion exactly. The guy is not stranded enough yet. When he is, he will go to the airport and beg to be deported. It's better to be jobless at home than be jobless in a foreign country.
Very true. cheesy
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by 1Sharon(f): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2017
What do you want us to do?
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 07, 2017
1Sharon:
What do you want us to do?
lol
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Franky826: 9:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
start private tutoring
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 08, 2017
WiredLeggings:
Mademoiselle, don't believe errthing you see on the Internet.
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 08, 2017
Benita27:

Katikati.
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 08, 2017
baby124:

Funny but true grin
Re: Help! I'm Stranded by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Mademoiselle, don't believe errthing you see on the Internet.
I try not to. smiley

(1) (Reply)

We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! / HER HUSBAND DROPS ONLY 3k EVERYDAY FOR SHE AND HER TWO KIDS. PLEASE ADVISE HER / 9 Year Old Attacks Toddler In Daycare, Mothers Beware!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.