Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,856 members, 7,879,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI (18569 Views)

COVID-19: Wike Reopens Markets In Rivers State / 10 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria That Are Saving The Nation From Hunger / Top 10 Famous Markets In Nigeria And What They Are Famous For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by mostHandsome01: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2017
hmm
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Flexherbal(m): 7:53am On Aug 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Okoyiboz3: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
The fact that Benin city is there and there are no Onitsha, Aba, Enugu shows that the list is flawed.
Not enough city coverage

There's a difference between trading and commerce. That's what the Igbos are just realizing.

8 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Basic123: 7:54am On Aug 05, 2017
I once told people especially yIGBO people on one thread that the only recognized cities in nigeria are just 5.Others are cities wanna be

-Lagos
-Abuja
-Kano
-Ibadan
-port Harcourt

But yIGBO due to their delusion wants to create one arbitrary Anambra greater than lagos and Ibadan in their brain to compensate for the painful reality that always give them headache!

More datas are coming from people that are not deluded like you that will worsen your headache and send you to the grave

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by gratiaeo(m): 7:55am On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:

What is the population of Kano vs Port Harcourt? If I recall well, Kano state had the highest figure at the last national census, which can easily translate to a higher market also.

What is Aba and Onitsha? What are they purchasing there?
Trash.
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by TundeHashim(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
The fact that Benin city is there and there are no Onitsha, Aba, Enugu shows that the list is flawed.
Not enough city coverage
Its a comparison with world class cities not the average looking village-turned-towns that we call cities. Of course, Kaduna, Zaria, Abeokuta etc was omitted and you'll agree they've got larger market than the three cities you mentioned.

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 05, 2017
I trust my city pH city .. We can buy anything

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by IloveMoney: 7:59am On Aug 05, 2017
LoJ:

You guys should stop analyzing every topic through tribalistic and ethnofacist lenses.

There is a difference between how great the Purchasing power of a given market is and how big that consumer market is, although the former influences the later.

Cheers.

stop talking nonsense, will there be a market without purchasing power? if the people cant buy, will the sellers sell?

yet CBN tells us that Lagos, Abuja, PortHarcourt, Onitsha, Aba has the highest cash flow.....everybody is a statistician now..this is the same way they decided themselves into believing ekiti is the most educated state yet the same ekiti is not even in top ten and is far behind Ebonyi, the least educated state in the east and ekiti peeps will have to score 120 to get admission into FGC while someone frfom Ebonyi will have to score 130..isnt it shameful?

There is a difference between boasting with facts and reality and boasting with illusion. That is what most afonja do. all there boast dont add up in reality...every body knows afonjas are the most hungry and malnourished group in the south with ibadan having the highest number of beggars which include old, middle and young aged able bodied men and women...Awo must be ashamed of his people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Ever8054: 7:59am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:
And you expect a sensible person to believe ibadan and kano has more purchasing power than portharcourt, ontisha and Aba...

Kano that cant even feed its people and has the highest poverty and malnutrition rate in the country and the highest out of school children, highest vvf, highest almajiri, highest child illiteracy. same with Ibadan in the south. with the highest number of beggars and hungry people....empty mall and clubs...Last month i was in ibadan, i visited ebivande club which i was told was the biggest club in ibadan, to my surprised, it was only six people in the whole club, myself, my two friends and some ladies that we met at the club.. i was like fucck..we eventually left early in the morning.... so shameful., yet some ibadan peeps on Nairaland come here to form to make believe...smh

you afonja will not stop deceiving yourselves with your fake data gathering and media..these days it is easily for someone to put up fake data, attach it to a site or blog to make it look credible, post it on Nairaland and gbam it will make front page. then afonja will be dancing up and down in victory.

Pulseng and Naij being one of the leading afonja propaganda news outlet, i dont take them serious.
port Harcourt is mentioned, so remove it from your statement...

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by omenka(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Lagos and Ibadan made the list.

See, it's not about chest beating, The western region is economically independent, we are not PIGS AND IDIOTS Who can't survive in their region

Yorubas are the most successful, educated, intelligent and richest tribe in Africa and Nigeria
Hain. Early morning your blood don dey hot already. embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Ohaneche(m): 8:02am On Aug 05, 2017
Hmm. If Igbo had not been a very successful people no body would have taken that tribe serious. I am a blogger and I understand the media game by one ethnic group who despite their stong government backup think Igbos are individually overshadowing their light in the nation.
They have used the media to convince the gullible that Ndi Igbo are drug peddlers, kidnappers, dominant in nature and so on.
When you more successful than your counterparts they do everything to bring you down to their level and that what Ndi Igbo is facing in the hands of Nigeria today.
Igbo has the best skin tones and they breed beautiful offspring,
Igbos has the highest number of successful people,
In fact there are several clear evidences that other ethnic groups when they ponder on them, their heart breads jealousy for Ndi Igbo. I am not commenting based on the post but for some ugly comments.
I am Ikwerre and I love being called Onye Igbo. Wene

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Ezezima2012(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2017
Omofunaab2:

See, it's not about chest beating, The western region is economically independent, we are not PIGS AND IDIOTS Who can't survive in their region

Yorubas are the most successful, educated, intelligent and richest tribe in Africa and Nigeria

You lack simple understanding.... Lagos and Ibadan made the list because other tribes are there in a very large number

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Praktikals(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2017
we cant take this. No Igbo state in the list.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2017
we have all sorts of markets..
for clothes
shoes
house roofing sheets
technology information
infrastructure..
ICT

but our mentality is just wired, that ones we finish school the next thing to do is to look forward work, when we could find one of these commodities and key into producing and marketing them..

I am of the New Brand.. I think for me, and posterity, I accept I wasted 4yrs in college.. but I hv a market need that I know when I provide... na Money go chase me, owning to how its lacking in this part of the world... University is a reuse..Find something lacking and provide.

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2017
Amberon11:
Ok
Long time dear
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by TundeHashim(m): 8:05am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:
And you expect a sensible person to believe ibadan and kano has more purchasing power than portharcourt, ontisha and Aba...

Kano that cant even feed its people and has the highest poverty and malnutrition rate in the country and the highest out of school children, highest vvf, highest almajiri, highest child illiteracy. same with Ibadan in the south. with the highest number of beggars and hungry people....empty mall and clubs...Last month i was in ibadan, i visited ebivande club which i was told was the biggest club in ibadan, to my surprised, it was only six people in the whole club, myself, my two friends and some ladies that we met at the club.. i was like fucck..we eventually left early in the morning.... so shameful., yet some ibadan peeps on Nairaland come here to form to make believe...smh

you afonja will not stop deceiving yourselves with your fake data gathering and media..these days it is easily for someone to put up fake data, attach it to a site or blog to make it look credible, post it on Nairaland and gbam it will make front page. then afonja will be dancing up and down in victory.

Pulseng and Naij being one of the leading afonja propaganda news outlet, i dont take them serious.
ohh come on...I don't know of pulseng but certainly Naij ain't owned by Yoruba. It has an Hausa section, specifically for many who understands Hausa. Also, most of its contributors are Northerners. So spewing thrash when Naij states fact that doesn't favor u guys...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Omofunaab2: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2017
omenka:
Hain. Early morning your blood don dey hot already. embarassed

grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Omofunaab2: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2017
Ezezima2012:

You lack simple understanding.... Lagos and Ibadan made the list because other tribes are there in a very large number

I thought you guys said Ibadan is brownroof and igbos don't reside in Ibadan because it is a poor state

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by IloveMoney: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2017
bakynes:

Mumu is Onitsha more cosmopolitan than Ibadan? Ask yourself that question. How many foreigners and foreign manufacturing companies is in Onitsha compare to Ibadan.

Do you have IITA and British American Tobacco in Onitsha?

You need to seriously check your brain.

this is the problem i have with illiterates like you...So when you talk of consumption, is it the people or the companies? most of those companies import their raw materials.

again why do you guys glory in foreign companies instead of your own indigenous companies...obviously Onitsha has alot of foreign companies but we hardly care because we have our own indigenous manufacturing outfit...

again IITA is a research institute and not a company.. it is in the same rank as University of Ibadan and other institutions in the state whether academic, research or affiliate institutions.

please stop exposing the fact that your parents couldnt afford good schools for you..Biko.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by samijay8(m): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2017
while some people are calling ibadan Brown roof, the ancient city still dey on inter-level. thought I'll find ekiti there or fayose aide can explain this one

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:

I know you are going to comment with your indomine brain, you think say na nairabet we dey play for here? abeg you don miss road

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2017
TundeHashim:
Its a comparison with world class cities not the average looking village-turned-towns that we call cities. Of course, Kaduna, Zaria, Abeokuta etc was omitted and you'll agree they've got larger market than the three cities you mentioned.

Benin city and co are not midweeks class than the eastern ones.
It's not by mistake that the largest markets in Nigeria are in the east.
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Basic123: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2017
Omofunaab2:

I thought you guys said Ibadan is brownroof and igbos don't reside in Ibadan because it is poor.

THAT IS THE DELUSION WE'VE ALWAYS TALKED ABOUT.

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by TundeHashim(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2017
Ohaneche:
Hmm. If Igbo had not been a very successful people no body would have taken that tribe serious. I am a blogger and I understand the media game by one ethnic group who despite their stong government backup think Igbos are individually overshadowing their light in the nation.
They have used the media to convince the gullible that Ndi Igbo are drug peddlers, kidnappers, dominant in nature and so on.
When you more successful than your counterparts they do everything to bring you down to their level and that what Ndi Igbo is facing in the hands of Nigeria today.
Igbo has the best skin tones and they breed beautiful offspring,
Igbos has the highest number of successful people,
In fact there are several clear evidences that other ethnic groups when they ponder on them, their heart breads jealousy for Ndi Igbo. I am not commenting based on the post but for some ugly comments.
I am Ikwerre and I love being called Onye Igbo. Wene
Igbos breeds beautiful people They're several ugly people out there who have got ibo blood. Besides, every ethnic group, including our Fulbe, have a good mixture of beautiful and ugly people! But I refuse to agree wholeheartedly that Igbos are the most successful people or are more successful than Yorubas or Hausa-Fulani! Until u show me one bio man that is richer than Aliko Dangote, Michael Adenuga or Demi Otedola before I start taking ur opinion seriously! Or would u tell me that Forbes that ranked them is anti-Biafla?

16 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by ipodstinks: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2017
Omofunaab2:

grin

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogbogonogo Market Asaba On Fire (Video) / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / How Do I Withdraw Money From Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.