Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,991 members, 7,880,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:21 PM

Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. (2300 Views)

Non-muslim Women Trying On Hijab And Niqab Hijab in Sweden and Kingston / “zorro Of The Niqab” Renounces French Nationality, Seeks Algerian Presidency / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by hymen(f): 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
I feel really sorry for the lady i question ,but it just shows how the Niqab/hijab can be used for deceit.

Really sad indeed

[center][size=28pt]Dubai 'bearded lady' marriage off [/size] [/center]
An Arab country's ambassador to Dubai has had his marriage contract annulled after discovering the bride was cross-eyed and had facial hair.

The woman had worn an Islamic veil, known as the niqab, on the few occasions the couple had met.

The envoy, who has not been identified, told a Sharia court her mother had tricked him by showing him pictures of the bride's sister, Gulf News reported.

He only discovered the deception when he lifted the woman's veil to kiss her.

The court had annulled the marriage contract but rejected a $130,000 (£83,000) compensation claim for gifts he had bought his intended, the report said.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/8508077.stm

Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2010
holy moly.

none of these problems are unsolveable nah

simple shaving, electrolysis, or waxing will handle the beard while surgery or something can fix the cross eyes.

Does the woman not read or watch tv? Or interact with people?

see how she has cost herself a husband now.

This her mother sef. Does she also do none of the above?
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by hymen(f): 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
tpia.:

holy moly.

none of these problems are unsolveable nah

simple shaving, electrolysis, or waxing will handle the beard while surgery or something can fix the cross eyes.

Does the woman not read or watch tv? Or interact with people?

see how she has cost herself a husband now.

This her mother sef. Does she also do none of the above?
True,the problem is these people avoid all these simple issues and believe the Hijab & Koran answers all of life's challenges.

I feel because she was hiding behind the Hijab ,no one could give her candid advice on facial remedies.

Sad,sad.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2010
seriously- she didnt have to lose a husband over this easily solveable matter

very sad shocked
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by illusion2: 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
Wow ! shocked shocked shocked

Why would any man get married to a lady he has never seen in 2010 !!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2010
I cant shout

never heard this kind of story before except the one they tell about Henry VIII, and that was five or more centuries ago.

If I had a beard, cross eyes, stretch marks, cellulite or a protruding bump on my belly, I'd much rather stay single than deceive some man into marrying me and then deal with the embarassment of seeing his shock on the wedding night.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by illusion2: 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
This is actually my concern with teh way people take their religion to heights that were never intended.

Simple courtship rules insist you know what you're getting into or request your mother/sister to do a proper 'assessment'.

Indians also arrange marriages ,but they give you about a week or so to meet your potential spouse and get to resolve potential compartibility issues. . . I do feel sorry for the lady kinda,if indeed the story is true. .
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by deols(f): 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
hymen:

True,the problem is these people avoid all these simple issues and believe the Hijab & Koran answers all of life's challenges.

I feel because she was hiding behind the Hijab ,no one could give her candid advice on facial remedies.

Sad,sad.

You know wat happens when you use your over exaggerated 'brain' to juge issues? i live among arabs and i must tell you they care about their looks more than anything, especially for their husbands.so dont try blaming the quran or islam for the axn of this woman.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by deols(f): 11:09pm On Feb 11, 2010
illusion2:

This is actually my concern with teh way people take their religion to heights that were never intended.

Simple courtship rules insist you know what you're getting into or request your mother/sister to do a proper 'assessment'.

Indians also arrange marriages ,but they give you about a week or so to meet your potential spouse and get to resolve potential compartibility issues. . . I do feel sorry for the lady kinda,if indeed the story is true. .

Islam also allows the man to know his potential bride but disallows the kinda courtship you are talking about. he is allowed to speak with the lady and even see her face in the presence of a mahram(a family member whom she cannot be maried to) b4 their weddn
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by hymen(f): 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
deols:

You know wat happens when you use your over exaggerated 'brain' to juge issues? i live among arabs and i must tell you they care about their looks more than anything, especially for their husbands.so dont try blaming the quran or islam for the axn of this woman.

@deorl,Its people like you that  just look for trouble anyhow. .  . .listen to yourself  - "I live among arabs"' . . .duh !  undecided
As if all arabs behave the same.

I was born in Kuwait & I have spent all my life in the Middle East,I speak arabic better than my mother tongue,so be careful what you say.

My opinion has to do with the personality if you can read properly & not the religion/holy book.

Learn to read with an open mind & stop casting aspersions.

And please what does 'exagerrated brain' mean ? 

Are you lettered at all ? Or you're a housemaid/nanny in saudi ?

deols:

Islam also allows the man to know his potential bride but disallows the kinda courtship you are talking about. he is allowed to speak with the lady and even see her face in the presence of a mahram(a family member whom she cannot be maried to) b4 their weddn
Another silly assumpion. Courtship depends on the parties involved. people decide between themselves how their courtship should be. Within the arab world you have conservative & less conservative couple. Or even liberal ones esp those that studied abroad. . . .so stop assuming. . . madam housemaid?

How much are you being paid? We need a nigerian nanny for my in-laws grin.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by muhsin(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2010
^^^^ But this is however an Islamic section. . .why not post this thread here instead? 
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by hymen(f): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2010
muhsin:

^^^^ But this is however an Islamic section. . .why not post this thread here instead?
Good observation,but not a correct one.

The Niqab,marriage,bride,groom & divorce proceedings have all to do with Islam,so this is the proper place to discuss it wink
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
hymen:

The Niqab,marriage,bride,groom & divorce proceedings have all to do with Islam,so this is the proper place to discuss it  wink
U re right,theres no better place other than here
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by muhsin(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
hymen:

The Niqab,marriage,bride,groom & divorce proceedings have all to do with Islam,so this is the proper place to discuss it wink

Thence don't just summarily dismiss deols attachment of this thread to Islam . . . isn't right?
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by hymen(f): 6:01pm On Feb 12, 2010
muhsin:

Thence don't just summarily dismiss deols attachment of this thread to Islam . . . isn't right?
Her point of view was related to my comments . . . . . . .not under which board this thread should be.

My point being some women aren't entirely well versed in their religion. smiley
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by deols(f): 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2010
hymen:

@deorl,Its people like you that  just look for trouble anyhow. .  . .listen to yourself  - "I live among arabs"' . . .duh !  undecided
As if all arabs behave the same.

I was born in Kuwait & I have spent all my life in the Middle East,I speak arabic better than my mother tongue,so be careful what you say.

My opinion has to do with the personality if you can read properly & not the religion/holy book.

Learn to read with an open mind & stop casting aspersions.
So you now claim you didnt refer to the holy book when you just did again.If your claim is that you blaim her personality and not the holy book,then its exactly what i meant too.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by deols(f): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2010
hymen:

And please what does 'exagerrated brain' mean ? 

Are you lettered at all ? Or you're a housemaid/nanny in saudi ?

IF you did go to school well enough like u want us to think, u'd know such is spoken. That your folks are maids anywhere doesnt make anyone that. I live a kind of life u'll have to work 3 jobs to earn. Am here to study and not 2 earn a living like your parents. Now you know what that means especially wv the dollar rates nd all.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by deols(f): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2010
hymen:

Another silly assumpion. Courtship depends on the parties involved. people decide between themselves how their courtship should be. Within the arab world you have conservative & less conservative couple. Or even liberal ones esp those that studied abroad. . . .so stop assuming. . . madam housemaid?

I cant stop to wonder why what i said is so hard for you to understand. I only made it clear that courtship is allowed in islam and the undertone would have meant they could have done that to avoid this kinda situation.

and i made it clear that the one allowed in Islam( and not in arab culture) is different because all that is done during the period  has to be in the presence of a mahram.
With these i have only one conclusion, you argue only for the sake of arguing.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by hymen(f): 5:51am On Feb 15, 2010
deols:

IF you did go to school well enough like u want us to think, u'd know such is spoken. That your folks are maids anywhere doesnt make anyone that. I live a kind of life u'll have to work 3 jobs to earn. Am here to study and not 2 earn a living like your parents. Now you know what that means especially wv the dollar rates nd all.
PARENTS ke?  undecided

And you claim to be a muslim? How can you bring someone's parents into this equation ? That so uncalled for.

Remember the words of the prophet :

"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or more attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say, "my Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy, even as they cherished me in childhood." (Quran 17: 23,24)

I forgive you. . .  smiley

MWL,there's no such thing as 'exagerrated brain'. , its grammatically & structurally incorrect. wink
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by abdulaa: 8:03am On Feb 15, 2010
@ hymen

when will fools like u let other people practice their religion peacefully, it is people like u that causes the Jos crisis, it is people like u that will go to the north and make trouble comment about Islam and the Muslim way of life, when they now give u the trouble that u were looking for, you will say the Muslim are at it again.

Now tell me is this what Christianity is all about [making trouble]?, making up fake stories to mock other people's religion?

i have just confirm it that u are a big fool in Christ,

have a nice day,
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by luvola(m): 10:13am On Feb 15, 2010
@ abdu - u dont hav sense at all , i think hymen is a muslim
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by ttruth(m): 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
@POST :

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by deols(f): 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2010
luvola:

@ abdu - u dont hav sense at all , i think hymen is a muslim

No muslim would call herself hymen. Find things out before making claims to them. If the founders of ur religion had done this,there wouldnt have been so much error in the bible.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by illusion2: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2010
deols:

No muslim would call herself hymen. Find things out before making claims to them. [s]If the founders of your religion had done this,there wouldnt have been so much error in the bible[/s].

No muslim would "t'abon" grin like this (= exagerrated brain tongue ). . . .maybe its cos of errors in the Koran.

I'm sorry I had to give it to you like this . . . but you really must grow up ! angry

Take people for who they are don't associate everything to religion ,tribe ,country etc . , . . duh ! undecided
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by deols(f): 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
u shld av told ur sister in religion that b4 associating the lady's axn to islam.

i wonder if you ever attended school or maybe you didnt read my post. i said exagerated brain with brain in quotation marks. When you are to write something that doesn't give a literary meaning or when u'r directly translating a language to another, u put your words in quotation marks like i did. I should av known that would require a seventh sense to be understood by some people. You may need to go back to secondary school to learn this.

d help u need
in ds context, over exaggerated brain means she thinks she's so wise that she can just judge things in her own view.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by illusion2: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2010
deols:

u shld av told your sister in religion that b4 associating the lady's axn to islam.

i wonder if you ever attended school or maybe you didnt read my post. i said exagerated brain with brain in quotation marks. When you are to write something that doesn't give a literary meaning or when u'r directly translating a language to another, u put your words in quotation marks like i did. I should av known that would require a seventh sense to be understood by some people. You may need to go back to secondary school to learn this.

d help u need
in ds context, over exaggerated brain means she thinks she's so wise that she can just judge things in her own view.
School? Oo fe d'agba ni  ?  shocked shocked

Correction,I don't have any such thing as 'sister in religion' cos I can't vouch for anybody. . . I only know myself. God knows everyone.

There's no such thing as 'exaggerated brain' in any context.

Exaggerate as a word means to 'overstate,magnify' etc As an adjective,exaggerated is mainly used with parts of speech or non-life objects,certainly not  with parts of the body.

Your application of inverted commas(not quotation marks) doesn't change that fact.

For how long will you keep digging in yourself ? Now Im getting scared of Nigeria's  educational system. . . . how did you get admission to study abroad?  undecided

You can say things like :
1.Far fetched imagination
2.Exagerrated opinion etc Not exaggerated brain.

Learn & admit your error.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by deols(f): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2010
inverted commas instead of quotation mark is right.
Re: Man Annuls Marriage After Discovering Niqab Bride Had Beard. by illusion2: 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2010
deols:

inverted commas instead of quotation mark is right.
smiley

Back to topic. . . I think the man should have insisted on seeing her before proposing marriage.

(1) (Reply)

How Was Your Fasting Today? / How Can I Stop Listening To Music? / Saudi Hajj 2015 Stampede Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.