Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,891 members, 7,949,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce (618 Views)

Masked Ben Bruce: This Is How We Are Living In US, I Can't Wait To Return / "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce / Ben Bruce Offers Kate Dekpe, With Poetic Pidgin English A Job At Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by LATESTNGNEWS: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
Though no specific date has been officially given for President Muhammadu Buhari’s return, there are speculations that he may be back to the country by next week. Senator Ben Murray-Bruce gave hints that there may be a possible high powered meeting between the Senate and Buhari when he returns to the country.

According to him, they need to speak with the president about all the issues plaguing the nation. The Senator representing Bayelsa East, Ben Murray-Bruce, has hinted that President Muhammadu Buhari might be returning to the country anytime next week.

Recall that Buhari left the country on May 7 for a follow-up on his medical consultations in London. He has been away for close to three months and Yemi Osinbajo has been playing the role of acting president. In an interview with Vanguard on Friday, August 4, Senator Bruce hinted that there might likely be a high-powered meeting between the Senate and Buhari upon his return.

Bruce said he would ask the[url] Senate president, Bukola Saraki[/url], that they sit down with Buhari and discuss all the issues affecting the country and he hopes his request will be granted. The senator said the issues they would discuss with the president would be all encompassing. He lamented about the hardship in the country saying Nigeria had not really made any kind of progress in the last two years.

Bruce said: “Nigeria has not really made any progress in the last 2 years. I think we are in big trouble right now. When the President gets back, we would need to sit down with him and have a conversation. There is no point having a conversation with anybody who is not a president. “I am thinking the Senate. We will have a conversation.

A bipartisan team will go and meet with Mr. President and have a conversation with him. Not APC senators meeting the president but the Senate meeting him and have a conversation on the future of Nigeria. That’s what I am gonna propose. That we sit down with him and discuss the issues. He’s the president and you can’t change that and I respect constitutional authority.He is the[url] President of Nigeria[/url] and we will sit down with him and discuss the problems facing the country.

In 2019 when there is another president, that will be another issue. But right now, he is the president and we need to sit down with him and discuss the issues. I understand he will be here next week.” Speaking about the educational sector, he said previous administrations did a lousy job, wondering why they have not changed the educational policy set up by the colonial masters. He said Nigeria’s educational policy is 1942 policy.
Read More:http://ngday.com/2017/08/678/

Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by nextprince: 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2017
Ben Bruce is a compound fool.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by pweshboi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2017
What are his achievements to his constituency for the past 2 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by Beress(m): 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:
And nextprince is what?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by pointstores(m): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
noise maker Ben bruze

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by nextprince: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
Beress:

And nextprince is what?
Nextprince is neither a pig nor an idiot
Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by Beress(m): 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:
Nextprince is neither a pig nor an idiot
U are obviously one of the above

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by nextprince: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2017
Beress:

U are obviously one of the above
Ask Nnamdiot cownu who are the idiots and pigs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by deji17: 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
pweshboi:
What are his achievements to his constituency for the past 2 yrs.
He has been busy abusing Buhari. What achievement can be greater than that in la- la land?
Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by Pholuuu(m): 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2017
Nigeria will be stagnated until we stop apportioning blame and start ''doing the right thing'' and people like Ben Bruce who see themselves as leading lights take protege under their wings to mentor.
Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by skywalker240(m): 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2017
This clearly shows that the present leaders (old men in the helm since 1960s) are truly obsolete and outdate OS. if the younger men were in the helm, there might be hope.

Anyways, i dont see any ray of hope in The Future Of this restructure Plan (with El rufai As Head) So Division remains the best option. cool

I Stand To Be Corrected
Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by SalamRushdie: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
Has anything ever made progress under General Buhari , even his cattles did not grow in number from 2011 to 2015.
Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by xelly: 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:

Disprove him with your point not displaying your illiteracy. What do you mean by 'Compound fool' ?
Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by nextprince: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2017
xelly:

Disprove him with your point not displaying your illiteracy. What do you mean by 'Compound fool' ?

Mynd44, OAM4J Lalasticlala seun, I have suffered ban on account of a post like this especially the emboldened.
Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
The black monkeys and imbe.ciles from the skull mining region are coming. Just wait for them. Like the stark illiterate above me that derives joy calling IGBOS idiotss and pigs while hiding behind "I HATE IPOB"! He knows fully well that its Igbos that he hates!
Re: Nigeria Has Not Really Made Progress In The Past Two Years- Sen Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:

Mynd44, OAM4J Lalasticlala seun, I have suffered ban on account of a post like this especially the emboldened.

Are you not an illiterate? If you are not one, you wouldn't call Igbos pigs and idiots. Forget that your "I love Igbos but hate IPOB mantra". You are just using IPOB as excuse to showcase your deep hatred for Ndigbo. I deal with Yoruba like you everyday in my work place and we know your antics.

Our progress in this world will still make you weep. Satan.

(1) (Reply)

Oyegun Is A Virus In APC – Obiano / Forgive Obasanjo And Move On, Bode George Tells Fayose / Ex President, Goodluck Finally Admits - We Didn’t Do Enough To Stop Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.