Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,789 members, 7,965,940 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 05:24 AM

A Nigerian Catholic Priest Resigned- Find Out His Reasons. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Nigerian Catholic Priest Resigned- Find Out His Reasons. (667 Views)

Georgina Onuoha: "A Priest Almost Raped Me At 22" #BusolaDakolo / Dominic Igwe, Catholic Priest Who Is Phyno's Lookalike (Photos) / Cossy Orjiakor Reacts To Kemi Olunloyo Arrest: "A Priest Once Squeezed My Boobs" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Catholic Priest Resigned- Find Out His Reasons. by zidonjohn: 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2017
Rev. Father Patrick Edet, of the Catholic Diocese of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, shocked the state when he announced his exit from the Catholic church on Wednesday.

“On 31 of July, I resigned from my services, my duties and obligations as a Catholic priest,” he said.
“I ceased to be a Catholic priest in my thinking, in my spirit, in my soul, (and) in my body.

“Yesterday, the 1st of August, was my first day outside the laws, the regulations, (and) the authority of the Catholic church.

“In my mind, every law that bound me bound me because I submitted myself to the Catholic Church as an institution.

“Having submitted my resignation letter to my authorities in the Catholic Church, in my spirit, soul and body, I am free from every law that guided me. I submit myself to one authority – God,” he said..............................................

“Peace has been taken away from me for years. I live in fear and in doubt. Sometimes I doubt myself – am I really right, am I in the right place,” he said.

He praised the Catholic Church as being “so organised” and “the best institution that has ever been built” by man, but however said that the space given to him in the Catholic Church as a minister was so small.

http://absolutegist.com/a-nigerian-catholic-priest-resigned-find-out-his-reasons/

Re: A Nigerian Catholic Priest Resigned- Find Out His Reasons. by squash47(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2017
NCAN correspondent reporting live from Delta....
we have checked the names,and we were not disappointed,because our brother from the south south involved, did not commit any crime like gay,fraud,bombing or skull mining like some people do...
all the same,we are confused because,it seems to us that our fellow,has decided to put an end to Virginity at old age and illogical celibacy,in midst of all the pretty sisters in the church.Thus,has decided to "go into the world and multiply"....it is a welcome developement tho,......
abeg o,Konji na bad thing,satisfy it,before it kills you,Body no be fire wood !
Re: A Nigerian Catholic Priest Resigned- Find Out His Reasons. by lenghtinny(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
The way the man dey scream thinking, soul and body...
It looks like konji is acting behind the scenes angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Catholic Priest Resigned- Find Out His Reasons. by lenghtinny(m): 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
squash47:
G
.O.A.T
Re: A Nigerian Catholic Priest Resigned- Find Out His Reasons. by squash47(m): 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2017
lenghtinny:
.O.A.T
is that ur name ?
Re: A Nigerian Catholic Priest Resigned- Find Out His Reasons. by lenghtinny(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2017
squash47:
is that ur name ?
Nope...
Yours angry

(1) (Reply)

A King Is A King” No Noise Annie Gushes About Her Husband 2baba / “stupid Broke Ass!” – Hushpuppi Blast Lady Who Told Him All His Gucci Won’t Make / Rita Dominic Dazzle In New Make Up Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.