Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,795 members, 7,948,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

The Hope Of A Nigerian Graduate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hope Of A Nigerian Graduate. (683 Views)

Breaking News!! Atiku's Hope Of Becoming President a Reality...Pics / State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) / Gombe State; From Being A Jewel In The Savanah To The Hope Of Thenation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hope Of A Nigerian Graduate. by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2017
Good morning and a happy sunday to my fellow christians.

Something has been bothering me for sometime now, and thats the hope of a nigerian youth/graduate.

I will go straight to the point, giving an imaginary but true story.

In 2012, caleb gained admission against all odds to study engineering, the situation of the family economically was critical, but the hustling mother who sales fruits by the road side was determined to see her son become a graduate.

Caleb's father, a security man, earns less than 20k, treats an ailment and contributes the little he can to the family.

Fastforward 2017, caled is finally a graduate, served and has been job hunting, most employers want a masters degree, others want 10years experience.

the goverment has demolished and banned his mother from where they make a living from selling fruits, father can no longer work cause of the ailment, family solely look up to caleb, his 3 other siblings too.

Sitting lonely on a particular day, caleb was deep in thought, how and what can i do, the family feeds from hand to mouth, if not for the 3 room apartment the father built when he was still agile, who knows by now the family would have become homeless.

So many thoughts, how can he be so useless to his family after graduating from the university, friends advised him to go for masters degree but where is the money.

he finally resorted for mason/ construction work where he is paid 1000 nigeria naira after a days hard work of carrying and mixing of concrete, with rude command and saucy speeches from the contractor.

*************Story finished

Lets dialogue on this guys, the country is so messed up right now economically, every business or sector you delve into, many pple are already there, competition and all that, check out recently when nigerians discovered blogging, the internet has been flooded.

Recent emergence of comedy clips, you all can attest to how much facebook and instagram comedians we have currently, and so you know, a nikon or canon camera costs about 200k, with the little money youtube is paying for views.

Even, many youths have knowledge on diversification but no capital, the little money that could be used to do something meaningful by graduates is being wasted in a far away land for feeding and accommodation in the name of NYSC.

Problem is, most comfortable people dont know what others are passing through, i read a post about a guy buying one useless blackberry phone for 227k and buying an iphone of 180k afterwards, just negodu how he wasted someones future on mobile devices.

Inflation is on the very high side, imagine you want to start a saloon as a graduate, no power supply, so you will need a generator, which a small tiger generator set costs 25k and above.

Everything is just messed up, you wakeup in the morning and you see youths, leaders of tomorrow on social sites discussing tribalistic and sentimental issues.

I cant help but wonder how this country will look like in the next 2 decades.
The end.

Unedited; sorry for any grammatical error.
Re: The Hope Of A Nigerian Graduate. by dlondonbadboy: 10:02am On Aug 06, 2017
Oga Caleb, if you are unemployed.....just leave the country or pray the BIAFRA comes.

Individuals own oil blocks in this country, individuals steal billions of dollars in this country....for their entire generations..
Go to Abuja and see what people do with our oil money and yet, our youths are unemployed, our ladies are unmarried, our parents are suffering but some people sit in our place and eat out common patrimony..

Is this not why some of us have taken it upon our selves to make sure this zoo is finally disintegrated? Let's start again..Confederation.

Understand this very well, Nigeria is rich enough to cater for everybody and give everybody a good life....but they won't. They don't care about you. And yet you defend them and insult the once fighting for you..
Re: The Hope Of A Nigerian Graduate. by Earthrealmlord: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2017
This country must be restructured else it will only get worse. No Politician can fix the numerous challenges bedeviling our great nation without addressing the root cause. The center is too rigid, centralized and worse we have crude, unpatriotic, heartless and wicked Leaders, Leaving the masses to continue to compete for the ever shrinking ''LESS''
This country is currently at an all time LOW we have never been this divided. Life in this present Nigeria is equal to PUNISHEMENT.
Re: The Hope Of A Nigerian Graduate. by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Oga Caleb, if you are unemployed.....just leave the country or pray the BIAFRA comes.

Individuals own oil blocks in this country, individuals steal billions of dollars in this country....for their entire generations..
Go to Abuja and see what people do with our oil money and yet, our youths are unemployed, our ladies are unmarried, our parents are suffering but some people sit in our place and eat out common patrimony..

Is this not why some of us have taken it upon our selves to make sure this zoo is finally disintegrated? Let's start again..Confederation.

Understand this very well, Nigeria is rich enough to cater for everybody and give everybody a good life....but they won't. They don't care about you. And yet you defend them and insult the once fighting for you..

Hello mr. Must everyone leave the country? Do you even care to know how much of economic problem that is encounterable in other countries especially when you are a visitor, btw, how much do you think visa, ticket, passport costs?

That amont could be used to setup something mraningful right here.

Its true the problem is mostly from our leaders and bad governance, but then, human want is insatiable and so the same set of problem might still arise at the emergence of biafra.

I think the remedy to nigeria econonic problem is beyond succession, its an act of greed and selfishness.
Re: The Hope Of A Nigerian Graduate. by dlondonbadboy: 11:21am On Aug 06, 2017
vowsng:

Hello mr. Must everyone leave the country? Do you even care to know how much of economic problem that is encounterable in other countries especially when you are a visitor, btw, how much do you think visa, ticket, passport costs?

That amont could be used to setup something mraningful right here.

Its true the problem is mostly from our leaders and bad governance, but then, human want is insatiable and so the same set of problem might still arise at the emergence of biafra.

I think the remedy to nigeria econonic problem is beyond succession, its an act of greed and selfishness.

Your argument is scattered...I don't understand it.
What are you trying to say? That the youths who leave this zoo for greener pasture are greedy? Or those agitating for BIAFRA are selfish? If you love the country the way it is then stop complaining and enjoy your Nigeria.
A nigga sometime ago created a thread with pidgin crying about Nigeria and her plans for young people...read that thread and understand that their is no hope for this country.
BIAFRA is our escape.
Re: The Hope Of A Nigerian Graduate. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Your argument is scattered...I don't understand it.
What are you trying to say? That the youths who leave this zoo for greener pasture are greedy? Or those agitating for BIAFRA are selfish? If you love the country the way it is then stop complaining and enjoy your Nigeria.
A nigga sometime ago created a thread with pidgin crying about Nigeria and her plans for young people...read that thread and understand that their is no hope for this country.
BIAFRA is our escape.

Nwanne, were ya nwayoo.
Kam gwa gi ezi okwu, oburu na mmadu esoro ihe biafra nke oku oku otua, mmadu nwere ike onua na erugi eru, icheta maka ndi nwuru na oge gara aga, i ga aghota ihe m na ako.

We have to use diplomacy, if its a bit organised, even if it means contrubuting money individually to move this motion, i will contribute more than anyone, the unnecessary shoutings will not bring biafra. For now lets look out on how to normalise things or how would you feel when you are enjoying in biafra and people are suffering in nigeria, its individually oriented not name change.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No Official Reaction From Nnamdi Kanu On Ozubulu Church Massacre? / Dokpesi Names Factional Chair For APDA / If Nigeria Is Not Restructured, There Will Be No Election In 2019 - Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.