Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,329 members, 7,881,226 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:44 PM

I’ve No Regrets Aborting Third Term -nnamani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve No Regrets Aborting Third Term -nnamani (292 Views)

Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General / Akpabio: Don’t Blame Me For Irregularities In Akwa Ibom Rerun, I’ve No interest / Gowon: No Regrets Fighting Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ve No Regrets Aborting Third Term -nnamani by FRESHGIST247: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2017
Former Senate president, Ken Nnamani, has said if given another opportunity, he would still preside over the stoppage of third term tenure as he did during the era of former president Olusegun Obasanjo.

Speaking while chairing National Seminar on the theme “Unity in diversity: Security and national development” held at the Department of State Services’ (DSS) Institute of Security Studies in Abuja, Senator Nnamani condemned agitations for secession.

“What I want to talk about is the issue of general agitations. I hope you don’t go with the comment of the former Inspector General of Police (IGP), Solomon Arase, that if you obey Mr President as a symbol of Nigeria, you have obeyed the country. It is not necessarily correct in all cases.

“If you read the revelation of the Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, about Obasanjo, which has not been denied, you will understand that the statement from Arase is not true. For instance, he said on the issue of third term that Nnamani cannot go free; whatever that means I don’t know.

“Yes, I presided over the plenary for third term, and all that I needed was to call a spade by its name. If I have the opportunity to do it again, I will do the same thing,” he said.

http://regulusnews.com/2017/08/04/ive-no-regrets-aborting-third-term-nnamani/

(1) (Reply)

Kogi West: Apc Urges Court To Consolidate Suits Against Melaye’s Recall / Foreign Reserves Rose By $554.7m In July – Cbn / Pls Who Can Elaborate More On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.