Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:49 PM

Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. (1095 Views)

Kwankwaso: “They Said We Can’t Use Eagle Square, ICC” / Uche Secondus & Pdp Nwc Meet Over Fayose's Attack.see What They Said(photos) / They Said President Buhari Was Poisoned Through AC - Yunusa Tanko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by ELff: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hello, emmm please i need advice, I am a nairaland er but I don't visit the politics section, i know we have very sharp minds here and that's why I brought it to this section.
My area in Benin, the transformer has been bad for a while now, prior to this time, we only get light like 2 hours in 24hours or 48 hours . So now the transformer has packed up for over a month now, they held a meeting and concluded that each house should donate 50k to buy another, with my estimation, this is probably between 20 to 25 houses. People do not have the money to contribute so the area has been thrown into darkness. From my understanding, isn't it the responsibility of PHCN to provide a transformer for the area.
secondly is there a way we can make PHCN bring us a working transformer without each house paying the said amount.

I need advice on how to go about this because I do not find it funny anymore. We run generator sometimes but buying fuel daily isn't funny at all. Alot if people cannot muster that 50k at once and above all I do not see why we should buy a transformer for the area when we have PHCN .

I would appreciate any helpful advice, Ask questions and I will reply. Pardon my grammatical errors, na sharp sharp typing I do,
Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by Greatzeus(m): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
Phcn gave a warning to the public some time ago that it is the duty of the distro to provide transformers,you are not to pay for it.
Some people are trying to make easy cash from you people. Go to your distro office to confirm if they actually ask you people to pay

1 Like

Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by otokx(m): 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
that is how we contributed 250k and the transformer was "repaired" but after 3 weeks it went back. That was 6 weeks ago, some PHEDC workers are very corrupt.
Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by ELff: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
Greatzeus:
Phcn gave a warning to the public some time ago that it is the duty of the distro to provide transformers,you are not to pay for it.
Some people are trying to make easy cash from you people. Go to your distro office to confirm if they actually ask you people to pay

Thanks for your response, you know the Nigerian factor where PHCN will never answer you because they actually don't want to provide a transformer. I want to believe they ve been there and didn't get a positive response that's where the contribution thing came in. Isn't there some way to compel them as it's their responsibility to provide transformer for the street.
Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by ELff: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
otokx:
that is how we contributed 250k and the transformer was "repaired" but after 3 weeks it went back. That was 6 weeks ago, some PHEDC workers are very corrupt.
It's even possible that's what they want to do sef, who knows.
Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by henrixx(m): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
ELff:

It's even possible that's what they want to do sef, who knows.
its possible you guys are asked to contribute for a transformer...same thing hapennin currently in my area but ours is 30k.....though it is the work of the government. the phcn staff may later collect the money from the government and eat it up. the system is entirely ccorrupt.
Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by blackfase(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dont mind the rogues. You not allowed to pay a dime. They have d capacity to provide one even if its a used one for replacement. Same thing happened in my area and it took less than two weeks for them to provide an alternative.
The cash collected will end up as money for the boys....

If y'all can, threaten them with reporting them or just search for NERC contacts, Min of Powers portal and go ahead to make a report. Rogues!
Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by jeffmyson(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
ELff:
Hello, emmm please i need advice, I am a nairaland er but I don't visit the politics section, i know we have very sharp minds here and that's why I brought it to this section.
My area in Benin, the transformer has been bad for a while now, prior to this time, we only get light like 2 hours in 24hours or 48 hours . So now the transformer has packed up for over a month now, they held a meeting and concluded that each house should donate 50k to buy another, with my estimation, this is probably between 20 to 25 houses. People do not have the money to contribute so the area has been thrown into darkness. From my understanding, isn't it the responsibility of PHCN to provide a transformer for the area.
secondly is there a way we can make PHCN bring us a working transformer without each house paying the said amount.

I need advice on how to go about this because I do not find it funny anymore. We run generator sometimes but buying fuel daily isn't funny at all. Alot if people cannot muster that 50k at once and above all I do not see why we should buy a transformer for the area when we have PHCN .

I would appreciate any helpful advice, Ask questions and I will reply. Pardon my grammatical errors, na sharp sharp typing I do,

It happened in my area 2 months ago, our transformer packed up. We waited for 3 weeks without power and after back and forth with the area office, we got frustrated and finally wrote the AEDC area manager, copied the General manager and copied Nigerian Electricity regulatory commission. Within 10 days they brought a brand new transformer for the area and we did not pay a dime.

I suggest you write the area manager of your distribution company and copy NERC, you will get your transformer with immediate alacrity!

Its the duty of disco to provide transformer, meter and all materials necessary to ensure you have power supply in your homes. So far as your area pay bills, you deserve to have light and they have to pay for the transformer! Don't contribute any money! Write them and write NERC.

If you guys decide to buy the transformer, then you will calculate the cost of the transformer and disco is forbidden by law from serving you any bill until you have consumed an equivalent of what you spent in the purchase of the transformer. I.E if you monthly bill is 10k prior to the transformer having issues, you must consume 5 months light without charge in lieu of your contributions for the 50k used in buying the new transformer.

Also try and get the contacts of the NERC forum office in your state and lay a complain if any disco tries to cheat or misbehave with you. As a customer you have rights protected by law and the NERC enforces it.

3 Likes

Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by otokx(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
jeffmyson:

It happened in my area 2 months ago, our transformer packed up. We waited for 3 weeks without power and after back and forth with the area office, we got frustrated and finally wrote the AEDC area manager, copied the General manager and copied Nigerian Electricity regulatory commission. Within 10 days they brought a brand new transformer for the area and we did not pay a dime.

I suggest you write the area manager of your distribution company and copy NERC, you will get your transformer with immediate alacrity!

Its the duty of disco to provide transformer, meter and all materials necessary to ensure you have power supply in your homes. So far as your area pay bills, you deserve to have light and they have to pay for the transformer! Don't contribute any money! Write them and write NERC.

If you guys decide to buy the transformer, then you will calculate the cost of the transformer and disco is forbidden by law from serving you any bill until you have consumed an equivalent of what you spent in the purchase of the transformer. I.E if you monthly bill is 10k prior to the transformer having issues, you must consume 5 months light without charge in lieu of your contributions for the 50k used in buying the new transformer.

Also try and get the contacts of the NERC forum office in your state and lay a complain if any disco tries to cheat or misbehave with you. As a customer you have rights protected by law and the NERC enforces it.

Thanks for the heads up, most Nigerians do not know their rights or how to enforce it. When you stay amongst the indigenes especially those down south south it is unbelievable.
Re: Our transformeris bad & they Said We Should Donate 50k Each! Help Pls. by sinkhole: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
jeffmyson:

You have said it all and nothing to add again, it is now left for the OP to do the necessary and report to us as the situation develops smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Can We Use An Economic Solution To Make Them Stay / DSS Allegedly Storm Nnamdi Kanu's Residence / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.