Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,735 members, 7,875,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast (21615 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings, Blames Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Buhari Reacts To Shooting In Ozubulu Catholic Church In Anambra / Andy Uba Weeps, Assists Ozubulu Catholic Church Victims With Cash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Youngadvocate(m): 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
Here is the Special Broadcast by the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano on the St Phillips Catholic Church Killings at Ozubulu on August 7, 2017.

Good morning fellow citizens

Ndi Anambra ekenem unu

With a sorrowful heart, I stand before you today to brief you on the tragic killing of 12 people at St Philips Catholic Church, Amakwa, Ozubulu yesterday.

First, I want to assure you all that what happened in Ozubulu yesterday was a tragic dimension of a long battle between two business partners who are from the same town. I have been fully informed that this dangerous conflict has been going on for a while in the country where they both live outside Nigeria before they decided to bring the conflict home. But let me assure you that Anambra is too hot for them to operate here, going forward.

This explanation, I believe, has erased the fears that the incident may have been caused by either some terrorist organizations or some members of some groups of agitators in the country. Brothers and sisters, what happened in Ozubulu was neither a terror attack as we know it, nor a violent action by some agitators. We are dealing with a dangerous GANG WAR that has spilled over to Anambra State from another African country. But this is the last time it will happen under my watch!

Fellow citizens, I want to assure you that we are on top of this situation. We are completely in charge here. The people directly and remotely involved in this crime are known to the law enforcement agencies. But no suspect, no matter how highly placed, is above the law. So, we have taken bold steps to bring them to book and restore the peace and tranquility that Anambra State has enjoyed since the past three years.

Sincerely, there is no cause for fear or alarm here. Anambra state is safe. Our churches and places of worship are safe. So, our people should not be discouraged from going to church to serve their God because what happened in Amakwa, Ozubulu is an isolated case. It will not happen again! Ndi Anambra should continue to sleep with both eyes closed because we are staying awake for them. In the words of Wendell Philips, the American abolitionist and liberal activist, “the price of liberty is eternal vigilance.” We have chosen to stay awake that Anambra may find sleep! I repeat, never again will this type of bloodshed happen in Anambra State under me!

Ndi Anambra, in all our 25-year history, never has a single act of senseless violence consumed so many lives. I strongly condemn this wanton killing of our fellow citizens who left their loved ones in the early hours of Sunday morning to worship their God. I condemn the senseless violation of sacred places of worship by people to whom neither man nor God is worthy of respect or honour. I condemn these people who did not think twice before placing such a heavy burden on our humanity!

All the shadowy characters behind this crime shall account for it. This is the first and the last of this appalling crime!

Fellow citizens, I call on you today, to join hands with me to rid our society of all vestiges of crime and criminality. Nothing else can stand in the way of accelerated development as crime does. We are familiar with this fact in Anambra State. That is why we have fought tooth and nail to usher in the long period of peace we have enjoyed in Anambra State.

To our numerous friends and partners, I want to assure you that Anambra is still Nigeria’s safest state. Indeed, the Ozubulu killings have only strengthened our commitment to create a safer, business-friendly and prosperous state. We remain focused on our Vision and Mission to this great state. No amount of threats or wholesale destructions can shake our commitment to these ideals.

Ndi Anambra, I have declared today a Day of Mourning in honour of our brothers and sisters that were slain yesterday. We shall observe a minute of silence in their honour at 12 noon today and special prayers shall be offered for them in churches and prayer houses across Nigeria and in the Diaspora. We have also opened a Condolence Register for them in the Government House.

Finally, for the 18 survivors of this carnage who are nursing different injuries in the hospital, my administration shall pick up all their medical bills. I have visited them at the hospital to ascertain their recovery rate. I have also dispatched 50 additional medical doctors to the hospital to ensure that they have access to the best medical care possible. Indeed, all hands must be on deck to save more lives.

At this juncture, I want to thank the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari who called me last night from London to commiserate with Ndi Anambra on this tragic incident. I must also thank the Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osinbajo who also called last night to condole with us. My gratitude goes to everyone who has called my Team and I to say a soothing word since this incident happened. Your calls have re-affirmed my belief that we are one people under God! It has strengthened my faith in the unity of this country.

Anambra State has survived incredible odds in our modest history. This too shall pass!

God bless Anambra State

God Bless Nigeria

Thank you

Dalunu!

Willie Obiano

Governor

http://www.igbobia.com/?q=ozubulu-massacre-read-full-broadcast-of-gov-willie-obiano.html

11 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Aufbauh(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
I thought it was a jihad war by the Hausa-Fulani terrorist according to the narrative of some Ipob miscreants. cheesy

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by jonathanOz: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
Obiano you said no criminal, no matter how big is above the law. Ensure the two drug barons are brought to book.

28 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by cold(m): 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
A god that cannot protect his own even in his presence. Is that one a god? Sigh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by LasGidiOwner: 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2017
Good one my governor.

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Goodlyhrt(m): 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Shame! shame!!

Obiano you have failed! I dont blame you though, the system on which your administration stands have failed so quit the promise of asurance of security cos it neva existed.

6 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by 9jii(m): 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2017
Kanu Almajiris will have different thing to say

16 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Afonjastinks1: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2017

Islam is the only peaceful and most loving religion on earth

They brought peace to Borno state and Ozubulu

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Afonjastinks1: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
9jii:

Afonja

Have you swallowed your daily dose of Amala and Ewedu today ??

20 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by swiz123(m): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
So that they can kill me in my sleep? Don't worry mr gov, I'd stay awake for myself cos ion trust you guys

3 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by lathrowinger: 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
Gbagan... Ipob abino 'd jew' vs ohaneze real indigene 'd catholist'... the battles begin. Let's see who wins... cownu to win 5.40 odds and ohaneze 1.20 odds...angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by madridguy(m): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
Following.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
I belief there was a point in time wen drug could hv been controlled in Mexico.
I belief drug became the norm as it is in Mexico because a lot of people who should hv spoken up against it kept silence.

We here know the level that the love for fast drug money has eaten into that region... and we decry it, knowing that it will spill to us owning to our geographical closenes.

but since all their socio politico groups hv decided to cover their heads and play in the sand while these drug festcontinue. the best we can do is write our warning down, and one day point to it and say.... We tried our best.. DRUG KILLS

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by kafiz1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
still sympathizin wit d families of d deceased n injured ones
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by tossie101(f): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hm
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by nototribalist: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
All lies, obiano said he was told by the Nigerian police that it's drug war. Hilarious.

They don't want to tell him that it's Fulanis that attacked that church.

The last thing an igbo person will do is to shoot a Catholic Rev father plus congregation. It's an Islamic terrorist attack. Don't be fooled by federal government police that concluded the attack as a misunderstanding in less than 5min after the attack. I expect Afonjas to come and defend their Fulanis masters here

18 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by gnykelly(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
it is time to lets the Ibo go and have their Biafra. drug war is dangerous and it can spread very fast to wherever Ibos are domicile most especially lagos. we need to let them go now. now is the time. it is going to be more deadlier in the coming weeks and years. lets uproot this people away from SW, this my opinion my look brutal but unemployment will attract more Ibos to that line. yorubas let save our community before it becomes another Columbia or Mexico.

9 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Anikulhapo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
Nairaland iPigs: Herdsmen killed them.
Kanu: Ndigbo Ohaneze killed them.
Obiano: It was a war between two drug blothers, these people are their own enemies

8 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by yeyeboi(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Marcelinho(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
ok sir we don hear, same story everywhere
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by yeyeboi(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
cold:

So in your dirty mind u think u av made a point ??

Have you ever sat down and think were you will spend your eternity??

I pray GOD forgive you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by kikake: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Here is the Special Broadcast by the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano on the St Phillips Catholic Church Killings at Ozubulu on August 7, 2017.

Good morning fellow citizens

Ndi Anambra ekenem unu

With a sorrowful heart, I stand before you today to brief you on the tragic killing of 12 people at St Philips Catholic Church, Amakwa, Ozubulu yesterday.

First, I want to assure you all that what happened in Ozubulu yesterday was a tragic dimension of a long battle between two business partners who are from the same town. I have been fully informed that this dangerous conflict has been going on for a while in the country where they both live outside Nigeria before they decided to bring the conflict home. But let me assure you that Anambra is too hot for them to operate here, going forward.

This explanation, I believe, has erased the fears that the incident may have been caused by either some terrorist organizations or some members of some groups of agitators in the country. Brothers and sisters, what happened in Ozubulu was neither a terror attack as we know it, nor a violent action by some agitators. We are dealing with a dangerous GANG WAR that has spilled over to Anambra State from another African country. But this is the last time it will happen under my watch!

Fellow citizens, I want to assure you that we are on top of this situation. We are completely in charge here. The people directly and remotely involved in this crime are known to the law enforcement agencies. But no suspect, no matter how highly placed, is above the law. So, we have taken bold steps to bring them to book and restore the peace and tranquility that Anambra State has enjoyed since the past three years.

Sincerely, there is no cause for fear or alarm here. Anambra state is safe. Our churches and places of worship are safe. So, our people should not be discouraged from going to church to serve their God because what happened in Amakwa, Ozubulu is an isolated case. It will not happen again! Ndi Anambra should continue to sleep with both eyes closed because we are staying awake for them. In the words of Wendell Philips, the American abolitionist and liberal activist, “the price of liberty is eternal vigilance.” We have chosen to stay awake that Anambra may find sleep! I repeat, never again will this type of bloodshed happen in Anambra State under me!

Ndi Anambra, in all our 25-year history, never has a single act of senseless violence consumed so many lives. I strongly condemn this wanton killing of our fellow citizens who left their loved ones in the early hours of Sunday morning to worship their God. I condemn the senseless violation of sacred places of worship by people to whom neither man nor God is worthy of respect or honour. I condemn these people who did not think twice before placing such a heavy burden on our humanity!

All the shadowy characters behind this crime shall account for it. This is the first and the last of this appalling crime!

Fellow citizens, I call on you today, to join hands with me to rid our society of all vestiges of crime and criminality. Nothing else can stand in the way of accelerated development as crime does. We are familiar with this fact in Anambra State. That is why we have fought tooth and nail to usher in the long period of peace we have enjoyed in Anambra State.

To our numerous friends and partners, I want to assure you that Anambra is still Nigeria’s safest state. Indeed, the Ozubulu killings have only strengthened our commitment to create a safer, business-friendly and prosperous state. We remain focused on our Vision and Mission to this great state. No amount of threats or wholesale destructions can shake our commitment to these ideals.

Ndi Anambra, I have declared today a Day of Mourning in honour of our brothers and sisters that were slain yesterday. We shall observe a minute of silence in their honour at 12 noon today and special prayers shall be offered for them in churches and prayer houses across Nigeria and in the Diaspora. We have also opened a Condolence Register for them in the Government House.

Finally, for the 18 survivors of this carnage who are nursing different injuries in the hospital, my administration shall pick up all their medical bills. I have visited them at the hospital to ascertain their recovery rate. I have also dispatched 50 additional medical doctors to the hospital to ensure that they have access to the best medical care possible. Indeed, all hands must be on deck to save more lives.

At this juncture, I want to thank the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari who called me last night from London to commiserate with Ndi Anambra on this tragic incident. I must also thank the Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osinbajo who also called last night to condole with us. My gratitude goes to everyone who has called my Team and I to say a soothing word since this incident happened. Your calls have re-affirmed my belief that we are one people under God! It has strengthened my faith in the unity of this country.

Anambra State has survived incredible odds in our modest history. This too shall pass!

God bless Anambra State

God Bless Nigeria

Thank you

Dalunu!

Willie Obiano

Governor

http://www.igbobia.com/?q=ozubulu-massacre-read-full-broadcast-of-gov-willie-obiano.html

"...from the preliminary investigation of the police....."

That above was the beginning of Gov Obiano's speech above, but it was cleverly edited out here.
Obiano wants tranquil atmosphere in his Anambra. So he regurgitated what police sold to him after the shooting. And that same police statement has been selling ever since.
Only in Nigeria could conclusions be drawn as to what caused the crime, immediately, without any of the criminals arrested to corroborate police investigation.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by seunny4lif(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2017
cold:
They are coming for you.

Religion is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2017
kafiz1:
still sympathizin wit d families of d deceased n injured ones

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by gbadexy(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
Afonjastinks1:

Afonja

Have you swallowed your daily dose of Amala and Ewedu today ??

Now you make me want to eat amala and ewedu. honestly you should give it a try.
Our heart goes out to the victims of the church attack.
i wish the injured speedy recovery and rip to the departed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Mryoung(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
who be this smello?. Enyia pls acquire some sense. Ezi like u.

cold:

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by laurel03(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Igbo and drug biz
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Sprumbabafather: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sad that Obiano is not handling this with the tact it deserves. What would I have done differently?

I will explain the masses via the press what happened, but leave out the cause of the matter. I will tell all that investigations is continuing and I will appeal for calm and everyone should go about their business.

Then I will go underground and start working to find out the real causes, I might give another press conference when I am sure of the causes of the problem.

We lack leadership in Africa.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by hakimi1974(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
9jii:
yes ooo, the broke psycho say nah ohaneze ndibgo carry out the attack.

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Danlakwaja: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
nice one
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by Eazybay(m): 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
The question is how

How many ppl have been killed in the drug war in SA

Even if it's a drug war, do they have foot soldiers here in Nigeria to do their bidding?

Who chooses a church as venue for war/reprisal besides terrorists?

Naija sha

2 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings: Governor Willie Obiano's Broadcast by kikake: 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
nototribalist:
All lies, obiano said he was told by the Nigerian police that it's drug war. Hilarious.

They don't want to tell him that it's Fulanis that attacked that church.

The last thing an igbo person will do is to shoot a Catholic Rev father plus congregation. It's an Islamic terrorist attack. Don't be fooled by federal government police that concluded the attack as a misunderstanding in less than 5min after the attack. I expect Afonjas to come and defend their Fulanis masters

You got it. Obiano said in the original of his opening statement above that what he was saying was according to preliminary investigation by police.

But they have edited that portion out.

Conspiracy theories shall soon set in once people begin to notice the manipulations and editing of original statements by crooks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project / Tinubu, Lawan, APC Govs To Storm Edo For Campaign Rally / Press Conference By HMIC, Lai Mohammed On The Re-Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.