Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,083 members, 7,977,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:10 PM

Is Hell Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hell Real? (988 Views)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Is Hell Real Or Is It Just Used To Keep People Under Control? / Is Heaven And Hell Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hell Real? by ofjboy(m): 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2010
FOR more info visit www.watchtower.org

Re: Is Hell Real? by jagunlabi(m): 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2010
Yes, it is real.You are living in it right now.
Re: Is Hell Real? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hell is so real and its not a place to be. If you want to know the way visit www.ijiwadejames..com
Re: Is Hell Real? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2010
[size=13pt]I wonder whats so new this time around about hell. . . . . wink[/size]
Re: Is Hell Real? by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 13, 2010
Yes, I think so.
Re: Is Hell Real? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
[size=13pt]You think what . . . . ? huh [/size]
Re: Is Hell Real? by benodic: 3:26pm On Feb 13, 2010
hell is real. it is your state of consciousness. it is not a place. it is rather the state of your heart. when there is no love in your heart. when your heart is filled with hatred, anger, envy etc. you are in hell but still you are on earth. if you want to feel what hell is like try hating someone with your whole heart and then you are put in the same place with the person you hate. likewise heaven which is the opposite of hell is a state of consciousness and not a place. it is when your heart is filled with love. love for all life. you will find in this state that you are filled with happiness no matter what you are going through. try making love your goal and it is the only thing that will bring you to God and not your religion. always ask God who is our father, how can i learn to love you more? then hell will have no place in your life.
Re: Is Hell Real? by blackcypha(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2010
benodic:

hell is real. it is your state of consciousness. it is not a place. it is rather the state of your heart. when there is no love in your heart. when your heart is filled with hatred, anger, envy etc. you are in hell but still you are on earth. if you want to feel what hell is like try hating someone with your whole heart and then you are put in the same place with the person you hate. likewise heaven which is the opposite of hell is a state of consciousness and not a place. it is when your heart is filled with love. love for all life. you will find in this state that you are filled with happiness no matter what you are going through. try making love your goal and it is the only thing that will bring you to God and not your religion. always ask God who is our father, how can i learn to love you more? then hell will have no place in your life.
and how did you come about your assertion?eeh/
what makes you think your absolutely right?
Re: Is Hell Real? by immargee: 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2010
Yes it is real, in fact I just got back from there last Thursday and I tell you, Its Hott! I got kicked out for preaching the Gospel and selling ice water and cool air fans, i didnt know it was illegal
Re: Is Hell Real? by benodic: 11:45pm On Feb 15, 2010
i am not asking anybody to believe or disbelieve what i have posted but i can give you a way to prove for yourself the authenticity of my statement.
but first you have to know that God created us because of its love for us as souls. God really does not care about your religion or your tribe or your colour or your language. all that God cares about is how much love do you have for God and for life. if you have not been able to learn unconditional love from your religion then you have missed the whole point of your existence in the first place. God is always with us, loving us guiding us and directing us but you have to learn how to listen to hear God's voice. the whole purpose of hell is to teach us what it is like when you are separated from the love of God and what causes this separation are the bad things you do in life like cheating your fellow man, stealing, anger, lust etc. so my dear friends if you want to know whether hell is real or not and how it is a state of consciousness or the state of your heart, at night before you sleep, say your prayers the way you usually do it, it does not matter your religion, what matters is that you put love into your prayers. then after that, talk to God for It is always listening to you and tell It that you want to understand what hell is all about and also how it is a state of consciousness then be quiet for a moment and listen within you. then go to bed as usual and watch your dreams. for God usually answers our questions through our dreams because that is when we are most relaxed and more recipient for messages from God. you do not have to be a renowned holy man before God can speak to you. all you need is to learn how to love God with all your heart and then extend that love to all life without any discrimination.
i look forward to hear about your experiences.
please note: i refer to God as It, because God is neither a male or female. It just is.
Re: Is Hell Real? by TrueSeeker(m): 12:09am On Feb 16, 2010
Hell is real, because everyone goes there when they died. Hell means common grave, not place of torment.
Re: Is Hell Real? by sinequanon: 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2010
benodic:

hell is real. it is your state of consciousness. it is not a place. it is rather the state of your heart. when there is no love in your heart. when your heart is filled with hatred, anger, envy etc. you are in hell but still you are on earth. if you want to feel what hell is like try hating someone with your whole heart and then you are put in the same place with the person you hate. likewise heaven which is the opposite of hell is a state of consciousness and not a place. it is when your heart is filled with love. love for all life. you will find in this state that you are filled with happiness no matter what you are going through.

I agree broadly with the sentiments up to this point, although I would have worded it rather differently.

Hell is the war within. No war within, no hell.

benodic:
try making love your goal and it is the only thing that will bring you to God and not your religion. always ask God who is our father, how can i learn to love you more? then hell will have no place in your life.

Thing is, I don't follow any god.
Re: Is Hell Real? by benodic: 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2010
refering to the above statement i could understand where you are coming from. if you look at the state of affairs on earth today especially the way that most religions have turned the earth into a battle ground in their struggle to establish who has the exclusive rights over access to God you may tow the line of virtually running away from the madness and resolving not to be part of it and thereby not following any god. i want to let you know that it takes a private revelation of God to you to make you realize that God is real and not something mocked up by any religious leader. when God reveals itself to you, you will never be the same again. the spirit of love takes over your life and you will come to appreciate all life. this experience is not limited to any religion. it is open to all sincere souls. all it takes is for you to have an open heart and you find in your own way that God is very real and moreover God does not belong to any religion and all that It cares about is that we learn to love. i would like you to throw a challenge to God and ask It to reveal itself to you. that you will like to know whether It really exist. then watch your experience. you can share it if you like.
Re: Is Hell Real? by sinequanon: 10:52pm On Feb 16, 2010
benodic:

refering to the above statement i could understand where you are coming from. if you look at the state of affairs on earth today especially the way that most religions have turned the earth into a battle ground in their struggle to establish who has the exclusive rights over access to God you may tow the line of virtually running away from the madness and resolving not to be part of it and thereby not following any god. i want to let you know that it takes a private revelation of God to you to make you realize that God is real and not something mocked up by any religious leader. when God reveals itself to you, you will never be the same again. the spirit of love takes over your life and you will come to appreciate all life. this experience is not limited to any religion. it is open to all sincere souls. all it takes is for you to have an open heart and you find in your own way that God is very real and moreover God does not belong to any religion and all that It cares about is that we learn to love. i would like you to throw a challenge to God and ask It to reveal itself to you. that you will like to know whether It really exist. then watch your experience. you can share it if you like.

Do you get brownie points for this?  wink I am not really interested in your "God revealing itself."

What you really meant to say is that YOU were never the same again after turning to your god. I am not saying that your god didn't reveal itself privately to you. I'd just like to let you know it's YOUR god, not mine.  wink

As for life, I have no god and I am finding life outrageously beautiful without the contortions of god. That is what you failed to realise.
Re: Is Hell Real? by benodic: 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
it is very okay if you do not follow any god. what matters in life is not really the god you are following but what matters is in the course of enjoying your life are you also helping others to enjoy theirs too? if you are extending a helping hand to your fellow man irrespective of their religion, tribe or colour then you are much further ahead in life than those who kill in the name of God and those who will not help another person because the person is not a member of their religion.
Re: Is Hell Real? by sinequanon: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
benodic:

it is very okay if you do not follow any god. what matters in life is not really the god you are following but what matters is in the course of enjoying your life are you also helping others to enjoy theirs too? if you are extending a helping hand to your fellow man irrespective of their religion, tribe or colour then you are much further ahead in life than those who kill in the name of God and those who will not help another person because the person is not a member of their religion.

In the scheme of things, as I see it, I cannot help or hinder anyone from enjoying life.

I am. And my being is a "reaching out". If I create "heaven" within, it is heaven that will reach out. I do not control the takers.

And it is all life, for me, not "fellow man," penumbra of the ego.
Re: Is Hell Real? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt] Tee hee hee. . . !i laugh. Christians believe that the most wonderful thing that can happen to them is to go to Heaven, but few of them are in a hurry to make the trip. kiss
[/size]
Re: Is Hell Real? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt]The "true meaning of Christmas" depends on one’s viewpoint. Here is one that is often overlooked: The true meaning of Christmas is that billions of unsaved men, women, and children will burn in Hell forever! (The concept of Hell is one of the few genuinely new feature of the teachings of Jesus.)[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chis Oyakhilome:positioned For Glory / Who Was The First Person To Get Born Again? / A Message To All Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.