Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,068 members, 7,973,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:26 PM

See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) (1894 Views)

14-Year-Old Girl Flees Home To Cohabit With Facebook Lover In Bayelsa / Senator's Son Steals Father’s Election Money, Caught In Hotel With A Girl / Zimbabwean Bride To Be Caught In Car Sex Romp With Taxi Driver (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by philo04(m): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
rare Stingray fish has been caught by a community in Bayelsa state and shared by the Special Assistant to the Governor of Bayelsa State on Social media in the state.

The Stingray fish after it was caught

The Special Assistant to the Governor of Bayelsa State on Social media, Abel Ifiemi has shared photos of a rare fish which appears to be a Stingray.

Abel said that the fish was caught in Sangana, Brass local government area of Bayelsa state. According to reports, the area is an island surrounded by water.

According to Wikipedia, Stingrays are a group of rays, which are cartilaginous fish related to sharks. Stingrays are not aggressive and only attack humans when provoked, such as if a ray is accidentally stepped on.

To avoid stepping on a stingray in shallow water, the water should be waded through with a shuffle. Alternatively, before wading, stones can be thrown into the water to scare stingrays away.

Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by Jephz(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
Meat yaff come
Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by MissRaine69(f): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
It's called a stingray and not really unusual

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by IwillSucced(m): 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
MissRaine69:
It's called a stingray and not really unusual

Please I know you mean well, but try and read a little. he said its rare in that area and that's why it is unusual.. In fact they may not have seen it before...

it might be unusual finding just one stingray all alone in that water (even though they are usually solitary)...

1 Like

Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by MissRaine69(f): 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
IwillSucced:

Please I know you mean well, but try and read a little. he said its rare in that area and that's why it is unusual.. In fact they may not have seen it before...

it might be unusual finding just one stingray all alone in that water (even though they are usually solitary)...
It's not
They are bottom swimmers so rarely caught as they tend to surface at night. Seen plenty wherever I dive.

1 Like

Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by IwillSucced(m): 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
MissRaine69:

It's not
They are bottom swimmers so rarely caught as they tend to surface at night. Seen plenty wherever I dive.

Please do you live in Sangana, Brass local government area of Bayelsa state?

If you don't then read what I said again... I said it is rare in that area and not where you are diving into...

1 Like

Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by Earthquake1: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
IwillSucced:

If you don't then read what I said again... I said it is rare in that area and not where you are diving into...

Bro you got zero chill.

Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by MissRaine69(f): 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2017
IwillSucced:

Sure
Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by fineboynl(m): 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
wow this fish is very intelligent, in fact it was Mr. Ray the teacher of pupil's in desney finding nemo.

edited: i don't think this is Mr.Ray oh, i think there is some little difference.

this one is manta ray, and why Mr.Ray in finding nemo is sting ray

and i believe by now it must have ended in a pot of paper soup.

first picture is sting ray
second picture is manta ray

1 Like

Re: See The Rare Type Of Fish Residents Caught In Bayelsa State (photos) by danchuzzy(m): 10:58pm On Aug 07, 2017

Abel said that the fish was caught in Sangana, Brass local government area of Bayelsa state. According to reports, the area is an island surrounded by water.

Makes me wonder if there are islands surrounded by any other thing but water!!! angry

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ladies 11 Signs You’re Selfish In Bed Because It Isn't Just A Guy Thing(pics) / See The Instagram Model Claimingto Have The 'biggest Butt' On Social Media (phot / What Do A Woman Really Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.