Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,805 members, 7,918,613 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:38 PM

Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner (1151 Views)

Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / Code Igniter/js Developer Needed For Urgent Employment / A Thread For PHP Code Igniter Framework Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner by Crieff(m): 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
I am following a tutorial on building a URL shortener from this link: https://www.dunebook.com/create-a-url-shortener-website-with-codeigniter/2/

I got to the place where I am meant to create a database and I have been stumped ever since. I do not even know what to do, if I should create a .sql file or where the file will be saved. I am building it on a local server using xampp. Please help!

MrKamar
DanielTheGeek
yorex2011
romme2u
Re: Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner by michaelwilli(m): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
Have you heard of mysql n phpMyAdmin
Re: Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner by Realphilo(m): 7:17am On Aug 08, 2017
Crieff:
I am following a tutorial on building a URL shortener from this link: https://www.dunebook.com/create-a-url-shortener-website-with-codeigniter/2/

I got to the place where I am meant to create a database and I have been stumped ever since. I do not even know what to do, if I should create a .sql file or where the file will be saved. I am building it on a local server using xampp. Please help!

MrKamar
DanielTheGeek
yorex2011
romme2u

You will need a database for such task, nevertheless you said you are following the tutorial, was that not explicitly explained
Re: Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner by Crieff(m): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2017
Realphilo:

You will need a database for such task, nevertheless you said you are following the tutorial, was that not explicitly explained

Many thanks Realphilo.

No, it was not explicitly explained. The is all the tutorial had to say about that stage.

Re: Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner by jidez007: 9:11am On Aug 08, 2017
In this age? Just drop CI and start with Laravel, you can thank me later.
Re: Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner by Crieff(m): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
donjayzi
digitite

Can you help here please?
Re: Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner by Realphilo(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
Crieff:

Many thanks Realphilo.

No, it was not explicitly explained. The is all the tutorial had to say about that stage.

I think I know the author of this tutorial, I have the PDF.. You can contact me
Re: Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
Do yourself a favour drop Codeigniter and use either Laravel or Yii2 , unless its the new CI that adheres to the new PHP Standards.

(1) (Reply)

Playing Where Can I Locate A Programming School In Owerri / A Programmer Needed!!! / Php Mysql Login Problem Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.