Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,963 members, 7,873,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name (8018 Views)

Buhari Loyalists Kick Against Adedayo’s Appointment As Spokesman For Senate Pres / Obasanjo Has More To Tell The World, His Plans To Destroy Nigeria — Coalition / 2019: Benue PDP To Return David Mark To Senate For 6th Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by No1Tribalist: 11:44pm On Aug 07, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

You talk too much

Translate the word " Alechenu "

I know what you want to say. That because it means that Nnamdi Kanu is a fool in Igbo doesn't mean it means the same thing in Idoma. In Idoma, it means that Yeebos are tribe stealers.

Now stop stealing people's tribes and get a life. Compile a list of words that Afonjass share with Yeebos and think of claiming Affonjaz instead.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by IgboSubmarine: 11:44pm On Aug 07, 2017
Igbodefender thank God you are around

Pls translate the word " Alechenu "
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by GuyWise(m): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
I so much love you.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by No1Tribalist: 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

Wrong

Oduduwa was flung out of heaven according to history.

lionjungle3000:

God forbid any connection with us with Afonjas...no way Jesus Christ! These people want to attach to Igbos by fire, by force. Your brothers are in Contonuo and Lakuku in South Sudan.

LIES!!!

Yorubas are from Umueri and they migrated with Yeebos all the way from Israel through the Nile River to current Igboland from where Chuku Okeke Abiambala chased Oduduwa away and pushed him from the mountain at Ogwashiuku. He landed at Ife and birthed the Afonja race.

So Affonjaz are also sons of Eri too.

Yeebos are free to claim them.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by No1Tribalist: 11:48pm On Aug 07, 2017
igbodefender:

I know an Idoma chick called Ada. I asked her the meaning and she said it means 'first daughter'.
Igbo kwenu!

Lies! Ada is not pronounced the same way in Igbo and Idoma. Why the lies? I know you have a perennial urge to be like your mentor, Cow-nunu-milk but please take it easy.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 08, 2017
Yoruba and Fulani muslims just dey carry our matter for head. Nawa!

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by eunisam: 1:07am On Aug 08, 2017
Honestly, I don't know His Middle Name . can some one tell me?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 08, 2017
No1Tribalist:

Lies! Ada is not pronounced the same way in Igbo and Idoma. Why the lies? I know you have a perennial urge to be like your mentor, Cow-nunu-milk but please take it easy.
One of our military drivers we had when I was growing up, his name was Moses. One day a relation of mine asked him his surname. He answered that his surname was Okwute.

Surprised, the relation asked him the meaning of Okwute in his language. He answered that it means 'stone'!!! shocked

Well, guess what!? Okwute means the same thing in Igbo!!

That man is David Mark's brother.

Now going to the Ada from Idoma I talked about in the earlier post, she confirmed it with her own mouth that her name Ada meant 'first daughter'.

On your comment that it doesn't sound the same like the Igbo Ada: it doesn't matter whether it sounds the same like in 'normal' Igbo language. You know why? Try this experiment: ask an An English descended American to pronounce the word 'today'; then ask an English descended Australian to pronounce 'today'. You will see a big difference in pronunciation, even though it is the same English word with the same meaning.

Having said that , let me shock you the more: The Idoma pronunciation of their name Ada is the same with the 'normal Igbo' pronunciation of the same name! That was why I was so surprised when the said Ada told me she was Idoma.

Judgement: We may not agree with everything Nnamdi KANU says, but on his insinuation that Igbo and Idoma have more in common than the letter 'I' at the beginning of their names, he is very very correct.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Nobody: 4:38am On Aug 08, 2017
igbodefender:
One of our military drivers we had when I was growing up, his name was Moses. One day a relation of mine asked him his surname. He answered that his surname was Okwute.

Surprised, the relation asked him the meaning of Okwute in his language. He answered that it means 'stone'!!! shocked

Now going to the Ada from Idoma I talked about in the earlier post, she confirmed it with her own mouth that her name Ada meant 'first daughter'.

On your comment that it doesn't sound the same like the Igbo Ada: it doesn't matter whether it sounds the same like in 'normal' Igbo language. You know why? Try this experiment: ask an An English descended American to pronounce the word 'today'; then ask an English descended Australian to pronounce 'today'. You will see a big difference in pronunciation, even though it is the same English word with the same meaning.

Having said that , let me shock you the more: The Idoma pronunciation of their name Ada is the same with the 'normal Igbo' pronunciation of the same name! That was why I was so surprised when the said Ada told me she was Idoma.

Judgement: We may not agree with everything Nnamdi KANU says, but on his insinuation that Igbo and Idoma have more in common than the letter 'I' at the beginning of their names, he is very very correct.

That is why we continue appealing to Nnamdi Kanu to give Nigeria another chance, so that he can play a leading role in the cultural reaching out to and unification of all Igbo groups in Nigeria, from Benue to Anambra to Rivers. He cannot do that if he leads the South East out of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by IgboSubmarine: 4:40am On Aug 08, 2017
eunisam:
Honestly, I don't know His Middle Name . can some one tell me?

Alechenu
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by IgboSubmarine: 4:42am On Aug 08, 2017
igbodefender:

That is why we continue appealing to Nnamdi Kanu to give Nigeria another chance, so that he can play a leading role in the cultural reaching out to and unification of all Igbo groups in Nigeria, from Benue to Anambra to Rivers. He cannot do that if he leads the South East out of Nigeria.

It is too late

Since they have rejected Restructuring, Biafra is next.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 08, 2017
No1Tribalist:
[s]

Lies! Ada is not pronounced the same way in Igbo and Idoma. Why the lies? I know you have a perennial urge to be like your mentor, Cow-nunu-milk but please take it easy.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 08, 2017
IgboSubmarine:
Igbodefender thank God you are around

Pls translate the word " Alechenu "
I will consult our body of experts and update this if I find their is a different meaning, but my preliminary submission is that the Idoma word 'Alechenu' has the same meaning with the Igbo phrase[b]'A na-eche nu'[/b]which means 'We are waiting/patient'.

Any Idoma in the house to help us out (real Idoma o, not an impostor)?

I can tell you authoritatively that the Idoma name 'Enenche' and the Igbo phrase 'E ne-eche' mean the same thing. They both mean, "We are waiting."

Observation: Metaphoricaly speaking, it seems the Idoma have been waiting for something for quite a long time. The question is 'What'?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by GuyWise(m): 5:38am On Aug 08, 2017
igbodefender:

You see Nnamdi Kanu is very intelligent man, he understands what he is doing and he equally understand that Nijuriya will never work again but afonjas afraid to let go the oil in Biafraland keep pushing the almajiri north...

But you can't be cheating me in a business and at the same time expect that business to last,,, No it doesn't work like that.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:55am On Aug 08, 2017
gbosaa:
I saw a man who was clapping and singing like Davido and he was dancing, moving and fat like senator Adeleke at 0.16secs of the video.
Are Davido and Senator Adeleke Biafrans??.

This may be funny but Yes, they are. Davido's paternal grandmother was a Biafran. Senator Adeleke's mother was Igbo, Esther Adeleke from Enugun
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by supereagle(m): 6:05am On Aug 08, 2017
IgboSubmarine:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Mark

It is finished

Can someone translate the meaning of Alechenu

David Alechenu Bonaventure Mark, GCON (born April 1948) is a retired Nigerian Army Brigadier General and politician who was President of the Senate of Nigeria from 2007 to 2015 [2] and is the Senator for the Benue State constituency .[3] He is a member of the People's Democratic Party (PDP).[4] Prior to his senatorial career, Mark was a military governor of Niger State [3] and a former Minister of Communication.
Sen.
David Alechenu Bonaventure Mark
Governor of Niger State
In office
January 1984 – 1986
Preceded by
Awwal Ibrahim
Succeeded by
Garba Ali Mohammed
Senator for Benue South
In office
May 1999 – May 2003
President of the Senate
In office
6 June 2007 – 6 June 2015
Deputy
Ike Ekweremadu
Preceded by
Ken Nnamani
Succeeded by
Bukola Saraki
Personal details
Born
April 1948 (age 69)
Zungeru , Niger State [1]
Nationality
Nigerian
Political party
PDP
Residence
Abuja
Alma mater
Nigerian Defence Academy
Occupation
Politician
Military service
Service/branch
Nigerian Army
Rank
Brigadier General
Early life and education
Mark was born in Zungeru Niger State in April 1948. He attended St. Francis Catholic Practicing School before attending the Nigerian Military School then he attended the Nigerian Defence Academy .[5] He was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in 1970 and became a Captain in 1971. He was Commandant of Static Communications in 1974, then later held a political post as Chairman Abandoned Properties Implementation Committee in the Eastern region in 1976. [6]
Minister
Mark headed the Communications Ministry and its two major parastatals: NITEL and NIPOST. As Minister of Communications Mark was sometimes known for his blunt talk; during a two-day walking tour of facilities in Akure in 1989, some union workers complained that some of its members had not been promoted since 1978, Mark's response was that those who have not been promoted may have to be retired,[6] basing his argument that unproductive workers will have to be let go. He also espoused the opinion of death penalty for telecom cable thieves and a policy of dismantling under-utilized telecom facilities citing political considerations for giving allocations to towns with limited use of phone networks.
Senate of Nigeria
Mark was elected to his position as President of the Senate of Nigeria on June 6, 2007. [7]
David Mark ran for re-election to the Senate for Benue South in April 2011 and was elected for a fourth term. [8] David Mark noted that the polls pointed to his decisive victory, and called for his opponents to work together to improve Nigeria. [9]
When leading the review of the Constitution , Mark reportedly urged his colleagues to set their personal interests and focus on the interests of the Nigerian people. [10] After the UK criticized Nigeria's Prohibition of Same-Sex Marriage bill, threatening to pull their foreign aid, Mark responded that they "should keep [their] aid." [11] Mark called Nigeria's National Football Federation the "centre of corruption in the country", suggesting that they may need to temporarily disband to allow for reconstruction. [12]
Personal life
Mark and his wife Mrs Kate Mark have children. David Mark is polygamous and is also married to Omale, Helen and Randa. He was also married to Priye a Bayelsa women and embroiled in a high-profile divorce in the year 2000. He enjoys golf ,
tennis , and squash . [13] He is an Idoma Christian.
[2][4][14]
Mark has a country house with a helicopter and helipad. [15]
References
1. ^ "Zungeru: The abandoned first capital city of Nigeria"
. Nigerian Tribune online . African Newspapers of Nigeria. 2007-10-28. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
2. ^ a b c Nkwazema, Stanley; Chuks Okocha; Juliana Taiwo (2007-11-02). "House Defies PDP, Elects Bankole Speaker" . Thisday online . Leaders & Company. Archived from
the original on 2007-11-03. Retrieved
2007-11-03.
3. ^ a b "Senator David Mark" . National Assembly of Nigeria . Archived from the original on 2007-06-19. Retrieved
2007-11-03.
4. ^ a b Omipidan, Ismail (2007-09-02).
"Mark’s landmark days in office" . The Sun News On-line . The Sun Publishing. Archived from the original on 2007-10-16. Retrieved
2007-11-03.
5. ^ "Childhood" . Senate President. Retrieved
7 May 2012.
6. ^ a b Sam Egburonu. (1990). "It is High Time We Face Realities ", THISWEEK, July 2, 1990
7. ^ Aziken, Emmanuel (2007-10-12). "Marked for Battle - Akume Battles Mark for Senate Presidency"
. Vanguard. AllAfrica Global Media . Retrieved 2007-11-03.
8. ^ Rotimi Akinwumi and Akinwunmi King (Apr 12, 2011). "Mark, Tinubu, Nnamani, others greet Ngige, as APGA rejects Anambra results"
. Daily Independent .
9. ^ "Benue: David Mark in controversial re-election win"
. New Nigerian Politics . 10 April 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
10. ^ "No Fixed Position On Constitution Review – David Mark"
. Zimbio . 27 April 2013. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
11. ^ Fisher, Jonah (5 December 2011).
"Nigerian leaders unite against same-sex marriages"
. BBC News . Retrieved 2 May 2013.
12. ^ Okeleji, Oluwashina (2 March 2012). "NFF will not comment on corruption claims"
. BBC Sport . Retrieved 2 May 2013.
13. ^ "Senate President Profile" . Sentate President. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
14. ^ "Scam ATM Card Payment Money Transfers Example - David Mark"
. Consumer Fraud Reporting.
15. ^ http://abujamedia.com.ng/david-marks-house-in-benue-state-has-a-helicopter-landing-space-on-its-roof/
External links
Aziken, Emmanuel (2007-10-16). "N400m contract allegation: Senate declines Mark’s move to step aside"
. Vanguard Online Edition . Vanguard Media. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
Assemblyonline Nigeria News: Gender equality impossible in politics says David Mark.
BBC News: Legal blow for Nigerian senator; A tribunal in Nigeria has annulled the election of the president of the senate, David Mark.
NIGERIAN SCAM LETTER FROM SENATOR DAVID MARK
For more info about Nigeria Politics, visit http

He didn't fight the civil war as a soldier.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by omenka(m): 6:11am On Aug 08, 2017
Isn't that Igoche AKA "King Goch", the one I'm seeing there? shocked

One of the most notorious Baggars in Texas and a crook per excellence!

Why am i not surprised?

Ipob, try harder. Come on! Pay better people good money to pay you visits and not street hustlers like these who would twist and turn in any direction peanuts are coming from. cheesy

Always remember this from the APEX IDOMA SOCIOCULTURAL ORGANISATION, and stop this disgraceful attachment by force. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by MrIrohKenedy: 6:15am On Aug 08, 2017
[s]
omenka:
Isn't that Igoche AKA "King Goch", the one I'm seeing there? shocked

One of the most notorious Baggars in Texas and a crook per excellence!

Why am i not surprised?

Ipob, try harder. Come on! Pay better people good money to pay you visits and not street hustlers like these who would twist and turn in any direction peanuts are coming from. cheesy

Always remember this from the APEX IDOMA SOCIOCULTURAL ORGANISATION, and stop this disgraceful attachment by force. cheesy
[/s]
what's this one saying
you don shark whiskey again?

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Okoroawusa: 6:21am On Aug 08, 2017
Useless thread.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by BabaRamota1980: 6:37am On Aug 08, 2017
zurich1010:
Nnamdi Kanu Asks Former Senate Pres. David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name . David Mark middle name is "Alechenu" an Igbo name. He also dresses constantly as an Igbo man with red cap. The same red cap won by one of the Idoma men who came to visit Kanu today...video below. You must know that Idoma people call their first daughter "Ada" like Igbos do. They also have the same market days as Igbos.

Idoma people visit Kanu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-vVPWvR8co

OP,
David. Mark is interested in running for Presidency in 2019.. By identifying him as Ibo, you just ruined his chance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Amarabae(f): 7:20am On Aug 08, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is turning into a comedian. The name of Our Methodist Archbishop here in Abuja is Oche Job. The oche is an idoma name and he is a Benue man. Though the oche sound a bit Igbo. Igbos and idomas are just neighbours, thats all. Kanu stop embarrasing Igbos pls and Idomas are not Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Jabioro: 7:23am On Aug 08, 2017
..and what do we do with his middle name?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by aribisala0(m): 7:25am On Aug 08, 2017
navyseal2220:

Afonja; enemy of unity and progress.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 08, 2017
Is the meaning of oche in igbo any different from benue?
I know you are igbo,but truth is you have your ideas rooted deep in the propanganda orchestrated by the hausa/Fulani feudalists. If you have an idoma friend,when he speaks you should pick one or two things.
Amarabae:
Nnamdi Kanu is turning into a comedian.
The name of Our Methodist Archbishop here in Abuja is Oche Job.
The oche is an idoma name and he is a Benue man.
Though the oche sound a bit Igbo.
Igbos and idomas are just neighbours, thats all.
Kanu stop embarrasing Igbos pls and Idomas are not Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by MEILYN(m): 7:43am On Aug 08, 2017
Ada means first daughter in Igala as well.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by MEILYN(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2017
No1Tribalist:

I know what you want to say. That because it means that Nnamdi Kanu is a fool in Igbo doesn't mean it means the same thing in Idoma. In Idoma, it means that Yeebos are tribe stealers.

Now stop stealing people's tribes and get a life. Compile a list of words that Afonjass share with Yeebos and think of claiming Affonjaz instead.
It means the same thing. Stop the division. The Idomas know they have a long history with Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by MEILYN(m): 7:47am On Aug 08, 2017
No1Tribalist:

Nigga, keep quiet. You can't speak Idoma or even Igbo. I wonder where you draw your conclusions from.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Amarabae(f): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2017
illuminated93:
Is the meaning of oche in igbo any different from benue?
I know you are igbo,but truth is you have your ideas rooted deep in the propanganda orchestrated by the hausa/Fulani feudalists. If you have an idoma friend,when he speaks you should pick one or two things.
pls Idomas are not Igbos.
Be guided.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by PenSniper: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2017
No1Tribalist:

It can mean ANYTHING in Idoma and its meaning may have NOTHING to do with whatever it may seem to mean in Yeeboe language. Kai!

Igbo people. You just want to claim the entire Naijeria for yourself. Can't you be satisfied with your landlocked 5 states once and for all?

I blame Nna Manu Udi for all these.

SHOCKING ROLLCALL OF Nigeria Communications Commission's (NCC) Executive Vice Chairman/CEOs:
1. Engr. C. IROMANTU (1993 to 1999)-6 years from SOUTH EAST. He employed 168 people. 149 from S/EAST.
2. Engr Emmanuel NNAMA (1999 to 2000) - 6months; from S/EAST. He employed 79 people. 66 from S/EAST.
3. Engr Earnest NDUKWE (2000 to 2010)- 10 years; from S/EAST. He employed 310 people. 288 from S/EAST.
4. Dr. Eugene JUWA (2010 to date) - 5 years; from S/SOUTH. He employed 188 people. 110 from S/SOUTH, 60 from S/EAST!
5. From 1993 till date ALL major Contractors, Consultants, Contracts & Intervention Capital Projects are 90% tilted in favour of S/EAST & S/SOUTH
6.This is a case of NO justice, neither fairness nor equity & lacking in good conscience.
7. More shocking revelations on many scandals in the NCC for the attention of Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.
When you look at the set up of Federal Agencies and parastatals, 80% of their CEOs are from SE and SS, yet we are still shouting of marginalisation.
They won'r stop shedding crocodile tears until they take over the entire Nigeria landscape with guile.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by alex81(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2017
igbodefender:

okwute also means stone in my language. does dat make me an IPOB?

PS: am not idoma
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 08, 2017
You tell me the meaning of oche in idoma,while I tell you it's meaning in igbo
Amarabae:
pls Idomas are not Igbos.
Be guided.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Labour Party Ratifies Julius Abure's Suspension / Boko Haram Attack On UN House: FBI Agents Storm Nigeria / Uk No Longer Blacklists Medical Graduates From 9 Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.