Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack (1524 Views)

Ozubulu Church Killings: We Are Close To Arresting The Gunman - Obiano / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North / Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by koolkidcletus(m): 12:38am On Aug 08, 2017
Anambra State governor, Willie Obiano has dismissed insinuations that the shooting of worshipers at St Philip’s Catholic Church Ozubulu, was a terror attack.The Cause of the Ozubulu Terror Attack

While responding in a state broadcast on Monday, Obiano said the attack was caused by a gang war.

He said, “I stand before you today to brief you on the tragic killing of 12 people at St Philip’s Catholic Church, Amakwa, Ozubulu yesterday,” he said.

“First, I want to assure you all that what happened in Ozubulu yesterday was a tragic dimension of a long battle between two business partners who are from the same town.
I have been fully informed that this dangerous conflict has been going on for a while in the country where they both live outside Nigeria before they decided to bring the conflict home. But let me assure you that Anambra is too hot for them to operate here, going forward.
“This explanation, I believe, has erased the fears that the incident may have been caused by either some terrorist organisations or some members of some groups of agitators.

Brothers and sisters, what happened in Ozubulu was neither a terror attack as we know it nor a violent action by some agitators. We are dealing with a dangerous gang war that has spilled over to Anambra state from another African country.”

He assured the people that the government was completely in charge.

“This is the last time it will happen under my watch. Fellow citizens, I want to assure you that we are on top of this situation”.

“We are completely in charge here. The people directly and remotely involved in this crime are known to the law enforcement agencies. But no suspect, no matter how highly placed, is above the law. So, we have taken bold steps to bring them to book and restore the peace and tranquility that Anambra state has enjoyed since the past three years,” he added.

source http://www.clegist.com/governor-obiano-addresses-cause-ozubulu-terror-attack/

cc:lalasticala , mynd44

1 Like

Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by Airborne02(m): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2017
angry
Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by cosby02(m): 2:31am On Aug 08, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by cosby02(m): 2:31am On Aug 08, 2017
IPOB....over to you undecided
Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by Justuceleague2: 2:35am On Aug 08, 2017
It wasn't Hausa / Fulani to some people's disappointment, Its also been confirmed by state governor that it was drug war but I trust brain dead mofos to come and push their stereotype down our throats

5 Likes

Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by Nfchi73: 5:54am On Aug 08, 2017
But this same culprit n obianos picture where found on a billboard so how do u want Anambra people to believe you .
Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by dudebuck: 6:00am On Aug 08, 2017
bloody liar
Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by Dereformer(m): 6:08am On Aug 08, 2017
Governor Obiano lied.

No true Igbo son ever kill innocent people in a worship centre in a million years.

It has never happened and will never happen.

If truly the incidence is caused by two Igbo businessmen, then the shooters are definitely not Igbos.

1 Like

Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by mormonslayer: 6:15am On Aug 08, 2017
The Governor maybe right, but how come his not mentioning the names of the gang members if his so sure it was gang members that did it.
Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by diezani(f): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2017
Dereformer:
Governor Obiano lied.

No true Igbo son ever kill innocent people in a worship centre in a million years.

If truly the incidence is caused by two Igbo businessmen, then the shooters are definitely not Igbos.

Arrrrgh!!! My brain! Wtf did I just read? Your last paragraph has set a new world record for dumbness

2 Likes

Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by PenSniper: 8:00am On Aug 08, 2017
Nfchi73:
But this same culprit n obianos picture where found on a billboard so how do u want Anambra people to believe you .

He may've been one of Obianno's sponsors.
It's a messy affair.
The burble has busted.
Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by wristbangle: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2017
Dereformer:
Governor Obiano lied.

The last sentence of your comment weakens the ideology of the useless words you wrote earlier.

1 Like

Re: See What Caused Ozubulu Church Terror Attack by PenSniper: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2017
mormonslayer:
The Governor maybe right, but how come his not mentioning the names of the gang members if his so sure it was gang members that did it.

This scenario may've been rather embarrasing to Obiano in the sense that the alleged victim had a picture with Obiano on a billboard. Has Obiano been knowingly benefiting from drugs proceeds ?

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Won't Have Gone Beyond N50 If Jonathan Remained In Power - Uwazuruike / Ike Ekweremadu, To Face Trial Over A Hidden Assets In Uae, Uk, Us - Pictures / Omisore Had No Hand In Bola Ige's Murder- APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.