Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,459 members, 7,964,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:16 PM

Major Education Decision - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Major Education Decision (970 Views)

UNILAG Medical Students Protest VC's Decision To Increase Cut-off Marks(photos) / Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) / Major Campus Confraternities (EIYE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Education Decision by Quitestorm(m): 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2007
Greeting to all,

I'm currently majoring in Economics at a European University,of which I hope to graduate next fall.I'm anticipating to graduate with "high honour" or what we call "1st class".If everything goes as planned,I'd be pursuing my masters during the immidiate summer after graduation.However I thought it would be a prudent idea to have a sufficient understanding of what I'm stepping my career foot on before hand,not only because it'd help me decide what courses to take as electives but also because I intend to come back home when I conclude my studies.I thought of MA in Banking & Finance as an excellent choice(I get to earn a certificate from the Institute of Canadian Bankers(ICB) in the process) although I'm a tad skeptical as I do not know the current structure of the job market in Nigeria.Or more precisely,I do not know how fierce or steep the demand/competition for Economists/Bankers is in Nigeria.However,there's plenty of room for counselling/advice/information from expexperienced individuals in this board which, apparently, is why I'm making this thread.It's also worth mentioning that I have the options of Mastering in Economics,International Relations,or Business Administration.

Secondly,I'd like to know what professional exams or it's equivalent,if any,I should consider in order to enhance my resume.

Any educated/informative input would be profoundly appreciated.Pour your thoughts in.Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Major Education Decision by Quitestorm(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2007
*Bump*.This thread shall NOT flop.I'd like to believe that my thread deserves more than a few views & inverted snubbery, LMFAO!
Re: Major Education Decision by Quitestorm(m): 12:48am On Feb 14, 2007
cry angry sad
Re: Major Education Decision by Omonla(f): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2007
The MBA is more lucrative in Europe and the States. Couldn't tell ya how valuable it would be in Nigeria, though, especially if you are competing with other students returning from abroad. I guess best case scenario is to get a job/internship in Europe (or North America, wherever you do your masters) and seek a transfer to Nigeria. A lot of the oil companies do the expat thing a lot (ExxonMobil, Shell, from what I've seen).

(1) (Reply)

Executive Management Training And Certification! / Learn Without Sweat / Is Education So Important In This Our Present World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.