Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,284 members, 7,950,487 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla (702 Views)

Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver / Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla / Integrating Interswitch's Webpay With Joomla's Virtuemart(shopping Cart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2010
Pls i will be very grateful if anyone can help me out with joomla installation and configuration and some guide on how to make use of it content management system.
help pls, ?
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by mrperfect(m): 12:46am On Feb 13, 2010
You can install that through your cpanel Fantastico if you are using cpanel.
Or you can google it.
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by soloqy: 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2010
The best place for you to start is at www.joomla.org . Register at the forums and start the learning process.
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by pholusho(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
Are you running joomla on your local server, or remotely?
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
i dont know how to install it i want to use it on local computer not remote computer but i dont know the necessary files i will put on local disk c and i dont know the one i will copy to www root pls help in details plsssssssssssss
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by pholusho(m): 7:18am On Feb 19, 2010
After extracting the zipped joomla folder, copy the extracted folder into your www folder(guess wamp). Start ur browser type in localhost, 2wards d end of d page you will c your listed projects in your www folder. Choose d joomla folder,whoola installations begins.
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 11:05am On Feb 24, 2010
Please tell us what you have so far. WAMP? XAMPP? Are they installed? Let's pick it from there. ready to help. All the best.
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by radyboy: 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
Wus if you are using windows then first intall WAMP which will create ur local webserver, ur database manager and PHP then u can extract joomla to the www folder in wamp and you r good to go (this is locally). However remotely u can install the script directly from fantastico deluxe in ur cpanel. But to get the latest version of Joomla, you can upload it using any ftp client.

Hope this helps!
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
actually for joomla to work u need a wamp or xampp server and a Mysql database joomla is easier to learn than the dreaded drupal avoid drupal the learning curve is low and stressful
Re: Pls Any One In The House Who Can Help Me With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2010
hello pc-guru. i have some joomla problems of my own, can you help please?am currently in a kind of fix and do need urgent rescue. . .
wink

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Clone- / Off Topic / Premium Books! Cheap Prices!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.