Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,963 members, 7,938,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:07 PM

Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? (1001 Views)

Press Conference: Miss Green & White Nigeria, 2015 #mgwn2015 Beauty Pageant / Go Green And Save The Earth / Home Page Topic Suggestion Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? by Magz(m): 11:35am On Feb 13, 2010
IDK. . . Like I love NL, but I was wondering, why is the forum blue and white? I was thinking that maybe it should be green and white instead to reflect Nigeria's colors,  You know?

Just a thought and suggestion.

Feedback? Responses?  tongue

[img]http://2.bp..com/_FJSxWSju1iA/Sb-pYCmkzlI/AAAAAAAAAQE/APXskNIyQ0c/s400/asa-wrapped-with-nigerian-flag-uthman-wahaab.jpg[/img]
Re: Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? by Magz(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2010
Description of the flag

According to Pedersen in "The International Flag Book in Color" (English Edition, 1971) the Nigerian National and Merchant Flag and Jack was "Chosen in 1959 from among 2870 suggestions in a competition; it was designed by a student from Ibadan, Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi. The green panels represent agriculture; the white, peace and unity." In "Flags Through the Ages and Across the World" by Whitney Smith, 1975, this flag was first officially hoisted 1 October, 1960, Nigeria's date of independence. So the flag that was adopted in 1959 didn't become the official flag of the country until Nigeria became an official country on 1 October 1960.
Nick Artimovich, 5 February 1996
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nigerian national flag is green, under with standard No. BF of 1955 it is chart 0-0-10, under The British Colour Council it is classified as CC104-CC105, and under SILOR international color chart is classified as 193-173 (Source: Federal Ministry of Information).
Re: Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? by TedBundy1(m): 11:38am On Feb 13, 2010
Magz:

IDK. . . Like I love NL, but I was wondering, why is the forum blue and white?

So when you look at this forum, what you see is BLUE and WHITE?  Should have gone to Specsavers, Pet.
Re: Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? by dani1luv: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2010
Poster Imagine it yourself. .How NL Page would look like on Green and White

Moved to nairaland Section
Re: Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? by MrCrackles(m): 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2010
Doesnt make sense to me. . . .
Re: Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? by dani1luv: 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2010
^^me too
Re: Suggestion: Why Not Make Nl Colors Green And White, Nigeria's Colors? by Magz(m): 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2010
Dosn't make sense??

Why? USA forum would be red, white blue. The Jamaican forums are Black, Gold and Green. Etc etc,

W/e tho, was just an idea.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Nigeria Power Holding Compny. / Racism Trend: Now Magazine Insults Rihanna Racially. What Is Happening / 18 Corps Members Feared Killed In Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.