Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,568 members, 7,978,884 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:16 PM

The Goal Of Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Goal Of Christianity (327 Views)

Separation Of Christianity And State / Which Hymn Or Song Represents The True Essence Of Christianity / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Goal Of Christianity by okwobros(m): 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
“In that night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, "Ask what I shall give you." And Solomon said to God, "Thou hast dealt with my father David with great lovingkindness, and hast made me king in his place. Now, O Lord God, Thy promise to my father David is fulfilled; for Thou hast made me king over a people as numerous as the dust of the earth. Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can rule this great people of Thine?" And God said to Solomon, "Because you had this in mind, and did not ask for riches, wealth, or honor, or the life of those who hate you, nor have you even asked for long life, but you have asked for yourself wisdom and knowledge, that you may rule My people, over whom I have made you king, wisdom and knowledge have been granted to you. And I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings who were before you has possessed, nor those who will come after you
Re: The Goal Of Christianity by okwobros(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
2nd Chron 1:7-13
I want to explain something about the real goal of Christianity, and this passage about the conversation of God with Solomon is good to help show some aspects of the character of God and the operations of spiritual laws. These aspects are often overlooked by Christians who pray, and it is the things that often constitute the burdens of the heart of praying people that motivated me to talk about this subject of the goal of Christianity. Reading the Bible passage above it is clear that God is not limited to giving us only what we asked for. He often, in direct response to a prayer, gives far beyond that which we asked for, or maybe even ever thought of. The occurrence of this beyond- expectation answer depends on how much He is pleased by the prayer request. God gave Solomon what he asked for and much more than that because He was pleased with his request.

(1) (Reply)

A Homeless Drug Addict’s Journey To Priesthood / God Of Blind Men / Jesus Ask His Disciple, Who Did People Say That I Am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.