Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,390 members, 7,978,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:45 PM

Mourinho Explains Why He Gave His Runners-up Medal To Deji - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Explains Why He Gave His Runners-up Medal To Deji (848 Views)

Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Runners-Up Medal / Jose Mourinho Gave His UEFA Super Cup Winners Medal To A Nigerian Boy / President Paul Biya & First Lady Chantal Biya Receive AWCON Runners Up, Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Explains Why He Gave His Runners-up Medal To Deji by samsonslide: 9:18am On Aug 10, 2017
Jose Mourinho has explained why he decided to give his medal to a young fan after Manchester United’s UEFA Super Cup defeat to Real Madrid.

The Reds boss joined his team to collect his runners-up memento on the pitch in Skopje, but promptly handed it to a delighted supporter – a boy named Deji – in the front row before departing.

Asked about the gesture in his post-match press conference, Mourinho gave an answer that prompted laughs among the many journalists present.

“Sometimes when I win, I don’t keep the medals – so imagine when I lose!.

“For me, the medal would go to some place in my house; for that kid, it’s the moon – something to keep and remember.
Read More Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

Re: Mourinho Explains Why He Gave His Runners-up Medal To Deji by Emescot(m): 9:29am On Aug 10, 2017
You just have to love this mourinho, brilliant answer and nice gesture

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Explains Why He Gave His Runners-up Medal To Deji by yeydi: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2017
wow
Re: Mourinho Explains Why He Gave His Runners-up Medal To Deji by samsonsax: 11:48am On Aug 10, 2017
Emescot:
You just have to love this mourinho, brilliant answer and nice gesture
NICE GESTURE INDEED
Re: Mourinho Explains Why He Gave His Runners-up Medal To Deji by samsonsax: 11:48am On Aug 10, 2017
yeydi:
wow
I WOW AT IT ALSO

(1) (Reply)

Hitler Rants About Arsenal's Loss To Liverpool 4-0 / Today Games Monday 30 Oct 2017 Wining Games Good Odd / Breeders’ Cup Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.