Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,640 members, 7,932,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:09 PM

Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average (11135 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

An elder that cannot help a fellow publisher in the field ministry, na elder dem dey call that kind person? I am not understanding ooooooo.

Publisher is not even mentioned in the bible. So you use non biblical ranks. If its Christendom you would have placed judgement #hypocrisy

Publisher that will snitch on elder if the elder says he doesn't believe imperfect old men non biblical doctrines, is that one a human being or a zombie?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

As he has seen imperfect gb does not have any biblical support for overlapping generation teaching and if he tells other elders they will punish him for not believing the non biblical overlapping generation teaching by the imperfect old men in new york.

Acholardey this is the example when someone says it is false religion if you can't question answers given by leaders
If Mikeolu1 were to be your pastor I will advise you(Hairyrapunzel) to stop associating with him. WHY?

13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats[ a]; do not be frightened.”[ b ] 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16
keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17 For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
I hope you Hairyrapunzel know this because I know you hold the Christ in high regards.
With this in mind what will be your advise to Mikeolu1. As to your post above.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Publisher is not even mentioned in the bible. So you use non biblical ranks. If its Christendom you would have placed judgement #hypocrisy

Publisher that will snitch on elder if the elder says he doesn't believe imperfect old men non biblical doctrines, is that one a human being or a zombie?
Just like mikeolu1 the snitch is doing to a member of his congregation. Hahahahaha is he a human being or a zombie? Tell him to respond.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

That is what the jws do. Do your elders report rape and pedophillia cases in the congregation to wordly police? I know they will not want to bring reproach on Jehovah's name and Jehovah will take care of it in the new system right? I heard some rapists and pedophilles even become elders. Internet has helped us the way it has helped you via your website spread non biblical teaching.

Don't worry they will call you whenever they do such. Just wait now. Don't be in a hurry. Iwo lo gbe ise le won lowo. You said you heard ke, awon website to gboju le won fun e ni idahun ni.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 9:48am On Aug 15, 2017
achorladey:

If Mikeolu1 were to be your pastor I will advise you(Hairyrapunzel) to stop associating with him. WHY?

Hmmm. Human beings most times will make credible statement let's analyse the verse. I can't stop associating with people because they disagree on non biblical doctrines made by 7 men in new york

13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?

What good is your organization doing amongst humans in this world other than breeding sales persons for a publishing corporation. Nobody is harming you.

14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats[ a]; do not be frightened

What right things are you suffering from? So you are right killing your children because an illiterate said Paul was referring to blood transfusion in 1945? Therefore terrorists are right in killing themselves and others in the name of religion.
Or you are shunning people cause they don't agree with 7 imperfect men's doctrines which can't even be found in the bible?
Or not reporting rapists and pedophilles in your organization to relevant authorities because the authorities are worldly? But you can report a worldly petty thief because he ain't in your organization.
Or shunning or marking parents and people who go to those worldly authorities to report the pedophilles or rapists in your organization? Please where is the suffering

15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

It says we should revere Christ and not 7 imperfect men in new york.
So the reason for evil non biblical acts is for the hope of entering the new system after your Jehovah has killed all the non jws in the world during Armageddon.
How is shunning now synonymous with gentleness and respect?

16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

Does your organization know the meaning of conscience?
What good behavior in Christ? Is it the murder of children and suicide adults commit because they have to refuse blood transfusion? Or is it shunning of people who still believe in Jesus but don't believe gb are the only mouthpiece of Jehovah here on earth? Or judicial committee were three perverts will sit down to listen to how a person fornicated? If they kissed or whether there was penetrative sex or how or where or when dey did sexual intercourse? Is that the behavior of Christ. Did Jesus set judicial committee for followers who were wrongdoers?
So you turn to psychological blackmail aka because you want them to be depressed about their feelings towards an organization.

17 For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

What good have you done? Preaching ever changing doctrines to people? Recruiting people at their most vulnerable periods? BTW I have never seen stable happy people join your religion its either they lost someone, are depressed, have narcissistic personality disorder,lost their job, have mental illness, have money but are empty inside. Abi the good is handing out magazine's for a corporation.

I hope you Hairyrapunzel know this because I know you hold the Christ in high regards.

I hold Christ in high regards not 7 imperfect old men in new york taking advantage of people who belong to their organization.
Acholardey the earlier you see that what you quoted wasn't referring to questioning non biblical ever changing doctrines made up by leaders the better for you. I hold Christ in high regard that's why i don't support the people who forcefully impose non scriptural laws it is evil

With this in mind what will be your advise to Mikeolu1. As to your post above

Keep up the good work mikeolu1. You inspire a lot of people. If your religion breaks up families then it isn't worthy of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2017
achorladey:

Just like mikeolu1 the snitch is doing to a member of his congregation. Hahahahaha is he a human being or a zombie? Tell him to respond.

So he should hide the evil that goes on in watchtower? Is it nobody's fault you are zombified. Your forefathers that joined just wanted the world to end so they joined jws. Your forefathers where bitter human beings so thats why they saw all non jws as wicked people so they deserved to be slaughtered by their Jehovah.
Mtchhewww
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Hmmm. Human beings most times will make credible statement let's analyse the verse. I can't stop associating with people because they disagree on non biblical doctrines made by 7 men in new york

What good is your organization doing amongst humans in this world other than breeding sales persons for a publishing corporation. Nobody is harming you.

What right things are you suffering from? So you are right killing your children because an illiterate said Paul was referring to blood transfusion in 1945? Therefore terrorists are right in killing themselves and others in the name of religion.
Or you are shunning people cause they don't agree with 7 imperfect men's doctrines which can't even be found in the bible?
Or not reporting rapists and pedophilles in your organization to relevant authorities because the authorities are worldly? But you can report a worldly petty thief because he ain't in your organization.
Or shunning or marking parents and people who go to those worldly authorities to report the pedophilles or rapists in your organization? Please where is the suffering

It says we should revere Christ and not 7 imperfect men in new york.
So the reason for evil non biblical acts is for the hope of entering the new system after your Jehovah has killed all the non jws in the world during Armageddon.
How is shunning now synonymous with gentleness and respect?

Does your organization know the meaning of conscience?
What good behavior in Christ? Is it the murder of children and suicide adults commit because they have to refuse blood transfusion? Or is it shunning of people who still believe in Jesus but don't believe gb are the only mouthpiece of Jehovah here on earth? Or judicial committee were three perverts will sit down to listen to how a person fornicated? If they kissed or whether there was penetrative sex or how or where or when dey did sexual intercourse? Is that the behavior of Christ. Did Jesus set judicial committee for followers who were wrongdoers?
So you turn to psychological blackmail aka because you want them to be depressed about their feelings towards an organization.

What good have you done? Preaching ever changing doctrines to people? Recruiting people at their most vulnerable periods? BTW I have never seen stable happy people join your religion its either they lost someone, are depressed, have narcissistic personality disorder,lost their job, have mental illness, have money but are empty inside. Abi the good is handing out magazine's for a corporation.

I hold Christ in high regards not 7 imperfect old men in new york taking advantage of people who belong to their organization.
Acholardey the earlier you see that what you quoted wasn't referring to questioning non biblical ever changing doctrines made up by leaders the better for you. I hold Christ in high regard that's why i don't support the people who forcefully impose non scriptural laws it is evil

Keep up the good work mikeolu1. You inspire a lot of people. If your religion breaks up families then it isn't worthy of Christ.
1 Peter 3: 12-17 Sorry for not including the book, the chapter and verse of the Bible in my previous post. What else can I say about your analysis though. I am highly disappointed and ashamed, mikeolu1 will be laughing as well in one corner of his mind with such a shambolic interpretation if indeed he is a Jw and an elder. It suits you well though. Merry continually with it.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

So he should hide the evil that goes on in watchtower? Is it nobody's fault you are zombified. Your forefathers that joined just wanted the world to end so they joined jws. Your forefathers where bitter human beings so thats why they saw all non jws as wicked people so they deserved to be slaughtered by their Jehovah.
Mtchhewww
To those following the thread does the post above seem like a good sound reasoning about the Jws? You decide!!!!!!
THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES ARE HERE. TAKE HEED. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 16, 2017
sassysure:
I wont dispute the article cos I'm an insider.
More than 10 yrs after her marriage my cousin is still shunned by her family members for marrying against the faith.

D worst part is the father accepted a gift from her yrs back after she has begged and begged but she recently discovered he didn't use it.said he will use it if she comes back to the faith.
Mum managed to forgive b4 her death.
One of her brother did wedding close to her house and called to specifically tell her not to show face bc brethren will be there. They treat her like an outcast.
Even though she is married with her own family yet no respect and she us d most senior.
I hate religion.
It is killing and breeding hatred more than love
What religion has done to humanity.

Religion is a very strong force.
The regular Nigerian mothers I know can't continue shunning their daughter for that long o. because she married outsider. They would have forgiven her. At the end, na the church go disfellowship the whole family for speaking to the errant girl.

It's a wonder that she doesn't have mental issues. How can you be happy when your family shuns you for that long.

JW have strong/unforgiving mind o. I'm not sure Jesus shunned people that much. He ate with a dishonest tax collector and listened to an adulterous woman.

if the practice is according to the bible then it is a very difficult thing to practice. God help us

I am sure the lady won't want any of her kids to be jw.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2017
achorladey:

1 Peter 3: 12-17 Sorry for not including the book, the chapter and verse of the Bible in my previous post. What else can I say about your analysis though. I am highly disappointed and ashamed, mikeolu1 will be laughing as well in one corner of his mind with such a shambolic interpretation if indeed he is a Jw and an elder. It suits you well though. Merry continually with it.

1 peter 3:8-11
8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For,

“Whoever would love life
and see good days
must keep their tongue from evil
and their lips from deceitful speech.
11 They must turn from evil and do good;
they must seek peace and pursue it

You would have quoted 8 to 11 too. Having sympathy
And compassion. I don't know if your criteria is following adjusted teaching, new light, imperfect men, organization or obeying laws not even mentioned in the bible.

That place is talking about people who chose to follow Christ and not people who chose to follow an organization governed by 7 imperfect men who always adjust their teachings
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
Another CO just woke up and left.
See his story here : https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/6tzv26/hi_im_a_new_member_and_longtime_lurker/

Ill copy and paste some his words in Q&A here:

CO: It is so strange to actually be writing on this forum after reading it for so long. Thank you for all the welcomes! To answer some of your questions, I am in the US. I am a graduate of the Ministerial Training School back when the school was new and they sent some graduates out as missionaries. I was assigned to Central America. I was a field missionary (140 hours per month) for three years then I was sent into the circuit work. This was during the years 1990-2001. I can't name the country for now, too many think I am still in and I am trying to help them. Tons of people on social media still think I am a JW, although some have I friended me due to questions and comments I make. I began really waking up in 2013, My wife woke up all the way in 2015. I actually quoted word for word someone's post on here and it worked with her!
Who in my family woke up first? My brother was disfellowshipped many years ago and he began to open his eyes then. I always had questions but I thought I had the answers. I remember distinctly being in the missionary home and studying the 1995 WT as a "family" with the generation change. It bothered us in the sense that we tried to make sense of it, I felt uncomfortable but of course we had to go back out in the field service so I just sort of pushed it to the back of my mind. There were so many little things that didn't make sense or weren't fair that added up, I will devote an entire post to that. It's a long story.
Green handshakes? In my circuit work in that country the congregations were poor but very generous. They would rarely give you money directly, it would always be given to the then PO then on Sunday I would be given an envelope, almost always it was around $50, it covered my gas and a little extra. Down there we didn't follow the expense report thing, they just gave whatever they could. I feel so bad now that I took their money. Back here in the US while I would be on vacation, my family paid for my plane ticket, I would give talks and slide presentations. Yes, the green handshakes and the long line to say hi to me. I was lonely in my assignment and I loved the validation and attention I received in giving those talks. For each slide presentation and talk people would give me a handshake with $20 or they would hug me and put it in my pocket. I usually received a total of around $400. I would cry each time and thank everyone individually. It really helped me in my assignment. I mailed thank-you cards when I could. Once in my old home congregation I received $800. So I would give five or six talks each time I was on vacation and take the money back to my assignment. It would last me a year. I would also work secularly while on vacation, which the Society allowed. Hope I answered some questions!

Q: What was your experience of Jaracz different from those of former Bethelites who interacted with him at HQ?

CO: Unfortunately I had faith that Jaracz was a good person. He personally told me about the Ministerial Training School when I met him in 1987, after talking with me for a few minutes. I met him again while attending the course, he even gave us a private discourse during the class and he was at my graduation. He then came down on a zone visit in 1995 or thereabouts to the country I was serving in. He was very stern, confident, and as I thought, a spiritual giant. I tried to be as good a missionary and CO as I could. I wanted him, as Gods representative, to approve of me. I was young, single, raised as a Witness. It never occurred to me to criticize him. Of course when he left we all talked about how scary he was, but it was always within the context of him being Gods representative. When I saw him later when I was at Brooklyn Bethel temporarily, he recognized me and called me by my full name. I saw him on the bridge between 25 and 30 Columbia Heights. After that I used to tell the story of how he knew my name even though I served thousands of miles away. I was always trying to impress in the Witness humble way of course! Anyway, I was raised to only think of the good side of elders, CO's and Bethelites. I was in a state of shock I first read when someone online criticized Jaracz. I was even offended that they said Jaracz instead of Brother Jaracz. Crazy, I know.

Q: As a CO did you encountered a lot of apostates or helped elders dealing with apostates. What did you do when you heard their questions? Was everything just dismissed in your mind as the questions not being valid because they are "apostate" questions? Was any research ever done into the questions?

CO: I very rarely talked to apostates, I don't think there were really any in the area I served. In those developing countries information is hard to come by, at least it was. Books are few and far between. Most Witnesees only had Witness books and no other books or magazines. People would obtain the Awake and ignore the Witness stuff just to read the other articles. I used to visit the "weak" and "inactive" every week per the elders list of who to visit. RRely if ever were doctrinal issues brought up. Usually it was girls who married non-witnesses, parents whose children were going to University, a few in my circuit would become completely "inactive" but wouldn't really leave a reason behind. I am trying to remember if I talked to undercover apostates and I just don't think there were that many in my area I was serving, there was such a lack of other information that all Witnesses accepted what the Watchtower said.
There were a couple of situations though. Here is one:
There was a couple in my circuit that was "studying" I remember. During the week of my visit I accompanied the elder on this study. They brought up vaccinations. I had no idea that Witnesses once banned vaccinations. I remember explaining about increasing light. Then the husband asked, "But what about those that died as a result, some were no doubt children. What about them?" That question hit me hard. I was so angry! AT THEM FOR BRINGING THIS UP! I became defensive and after the study I told the elder they didn't have a good attitude, otherwise why did they bring that up? What a horrible person I was.

Again, see his story here : https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/6tzv26/hi_im_a_new_member_and_longtime_lurker/
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by vanhelsing1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
701ecilana:

JW are closet atheists. They are materialists. They don't believe in the supernatural realm.

How does one believe in God but doesn't believe in the afterlife?

plsss if u dont kw what to say,better shut ur mouth n stop ranting like a baby without breast milk..
before u castigate any religion,plss find out its teachings n beliefs properly n stop speculating.
I feel how empty u r in all ramification..
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by 701ecilana: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
vanhelsing1:

plsss if u dont kw what to say,better shut ur mouth n stop ranting like a baby without breast milk..
before u castigate any religion,plss find out its teachings n beliefs properly n stop speculating.
I feel how empty u r in all ramification..
I expect that you'd enquire to know why i said instead of ranting like a baby without breast milk.

Do you know what speculation means?

Take me on on this let's have a discussion squire and simple. If you come with jibes, i'll ignore you. No more time for foolishness, life is short.

Be safe.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
Another CO just woke up and left. (Contd)
Circuit Overseer Experience
https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/6vo0jp/some_additional_comments_regarding_circuit_work/

CO:
OK so back to the circuit work. I think some in here are picturing a Circuit Overseer driving up in his Buick in his suit, a mature, experienced man who commands respect, his wife at his side, speaking in serious tones as he greets the elders then the rest of the congregation. I know not all are like that but you get the idea.
That wasn't me. In my assignment the new CO's were and are young, strong elders under 30 who are assigned to rural areas and can walk for miles in the heat and sleep on a cot. I rode the bus to my assignments my first two years in the circuit. Once I actually rode on the OUTSIDE of a bus, hanging on as I got covered in dust. I slept on a hard cot in the same room as the hosts with a curtain dividing us. I used outhouses and took bucket showers, no hot water in those areas. I walked all day on dusty roads and then gave talks on someone's back porch that doubled as a Kingdom Hall with a yeartext tacked onto the wall and their boom box for the songs. No microphone. Eventually I got the bigger circuits in the city and I got a car which I actually brought from the States, a salvage vehicle. Ask some of the posters on here who have served in those countries. They no doubt have crazy stories also.
Even worse was my life experience. I had hardly any. Raised a JW, not married, working part time. I was arrogant and ignorant, the worst combination for a human being and even worse for a Circuit Overseer. I had my 600 pages of notes from MTS and my binder of letters from the Society to all Circuit Overseers. I was a true believer, clueless to the real world, clueless to real moral values and ethics. I was good at spouting Witness doctrine and I acted humble, inside I thought I was the coolest dude around. A missionary CO, what could be better than that?
So some of my answers reflect more my experiences as a missionary rather than a CO. I certainly tried to act like one, in fact I would meet with the CO when I was on vacation back home. I would literally hunt him down in whatever Hall he was at and ask him tons of questions on policy and procedure. All CO's are required to have several "service talks" on hand to use and adapt to local needs. I didn't have any when I started. I just copied talks I heard from CO's here in the States and passed them off as mine.
When I came back here to the States and re-entered the work force I was a joke. I missed a lot of work on purpose to prove how "spiritual" I still was. I talked like an elder to my co-workers. I had instant problems getting along with others and respecting boundaries. During work meetings I would agree with whatever the boss said, and raise my hand to support whatever he was saying and wondered why everyone laughed and called me a brown-noser. So much for my CO experience. At least now I have woken up. I am so thankful for all of you for helping me over the years.
So anyway, my experience as a CO was in a foreign country, although I did have a lot of interaction with CO's here and I did serve in Bethel here.
I definitely have some issues to work out, but thanks to all of you I feel I am headed in the right direction.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2017
New letters will now be posted here.

August 31, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: Procedure for Handling Certain Cases of Wrongdoing.
Letter to Australia boe. When Bethelites etc messed up

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 1:46am On Sep 12, 2017
Hull Jehovah's Witnesses speak out after being 'shunned by religion.

Interesting account here below.

https://out.reddit.com/t3_6zftju?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hulldailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fhull-east-yorkshire-news%2Fhull-jehovahs-witnesses-speak-out-444185&token=AQAATDy3WTwd9OOsaPFZboV4_9rzPj3m_l0ujv7JISdrOrSKE6PL&app_name=mweb2x
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 1:51am On Sep 12, 2017
AN ELDER RELATES HIS INTERESTING STORY

This is an interesting read for anyone who wants to know more about the no-blood-transfusion teaching.

https://www.openmindsfoundation.org/saving-thousand-lives-year-reform-watchtowers-policy-blood-transfusions-part-one/
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fasting To Death / Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye / Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.