Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,820 members, 7,872,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:08 PM

James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List (25701 Views)

Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers / Onnoghen Removed From NJC Membership List / Benjamin Uwajumogu Resigns As APC National Convention Committee Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by IllegalMoney: 8:48am On Aug 11, 2017
grin
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by chuckdee4(m): 8:50am On Aug 11, 2017
quiverfull:

We have really lowered our expectations for good governance. Are you justifying his thieving actions as a governor? Didn't we all see the monumental loot recovered from this thief?
And don't get me wrong, though i agree that APC has failed, but PDP is not in anyway a credible opposition. We must begin to look for and support credible "independent candidates" for elections.

BINGO!!!!
Neither PDP nor APC should be voted for in the next upcoming elections, between the both of them we have witnessed enough to last us a life time
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2017
For you guys, you see in black and white. Criminal or Saint. Righteous or Sinners. But the Politicians see it as games of vested interest, moments like this becomes the barometer to measure the value of justice, and in fact what justice really means.

Let us us be frank, there is no saint in this world, except ignorance of the ultimate aim of creation. Explaining this might be too long and out of the range of this thread. A criminal can bring about a progressive change. Check out Lagos State, it is Tinubu a known and publicized drug dealer, looter extra-ordinaire and politician per excellence that brought about the Change in Lagos, and today, his phone boy, his boy boy legal counsel is now the Vice President of our country.

I am in support of Born Again-ism. By now believe me, Igbori within himself knows the pains of the common-man, having jerked off millions of times in jail, all alone without his private jet. Eating the common man's delicacies and reading his Bible. He can only be foolish to deny the longing for something greater than him to save him.

I will prefer the rule of a repented Ex-Convict Ibori to what we are experiencing under the 'regime' of this our Saint Buhari.

I have no apology for my view points. You have no choice than to accept them.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Jerryojozy(m): 8:50am On Aug 11, 2017
Ajekuiya:

Would you ever loot ?

And do you know of any sane society ?
With such comment I weep for our dear country. Corruption has eaten deep into ur skull.

Genius J

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Ajekuiya: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2017
quiverfull:

We have really lowered our expectations for good governance. Are you justifying his thieving actions as a governor? Didn't we all see the monumental loot recovered from this thief?
And don't get me wrong, though i agree that APC has failed, but PDP is not in anyway a credible opposition. We must begin to look for and support credible "independent candidates" for elections.

Let he without sin cast the first stone even the so called 'independent Candidates' in a country where a rich successful man wealth is surrounded by political exploits and favors, at the detriment of some other people 'tax payers'. Everyone has skeleton in his cupboard bro.
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by free2ryhme: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2017
voiceoftheupcom:
IBORI MAKES A COMEBACK WITH PDP CONVENTION C’TEE MEMBERSHIP

Former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori was listed as member of the national convention planning committee for tomorrow’s special convention of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), EYES OF LAGOS findings have revealed.

Ibori, who was recently released after serving a four-year jail term in a British prison was listed as No 41 in the main organizing committee of the party.

Tomorrow’s non- elective national convention is meant to extend the tenure of the Makarfi-led NCC to enable them conduct the elective convention which is speculated to hold in November.
The convention is also billed to see to the amendment of the party’s constitution.

Ibori who has not attended any political meeting at the national headquarters since he returned to the country, was, however, absent at the inaugural meeting of the committee last Wednesday.

His successor and Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa is the chairman of the committee. Reacting to the development, former media aide to Ibori, Mr Tony Eluemunor, argued that Ibori’s nomination in the committee was normal and that he had not left the party.

The media aide stated that the former governor was equally invited to the last National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting, even though he didn’t attend.

“It is a privilege given to every former PDP governor. Ibori is a former governor and he has not left PDP. So, there is nothing unusual in his name being included in the list. He was invited to the last NEC meeting but he did not attend,” he said.

Eluemunor, however, noted that he would not be able to confirm if the former governor will be at the convention.

Meanwhile, elder statesman and former federal commissioner for information, Chief Edwin Clarke, has warned that the Sen Ahmed Makarfi -led National Caretaker Committee (NCC) should not be allowed to exceed three months in office.

Clarke who recalled that he has warned that party in 2014 not to impose candidates urged the party to jettison a practice where governors, government functionaries and candidates provide logistics and convey delegates to Abuja and other voting locations.
Clarke also advocated the adoption of direct primaries ahead of the elective convention, just as he declared his support for zoning of the party’s 2019 presidential ticket to the North and the national chairmanship seat to the South.

He, however, insisted that all party members from those regions are free to contest those positions.
The former PDP chieftain who declared his resignation from partisan politics after the 2015 general election justified his warning to the party on the grounds that he remains a statesman and stakeholder in the Nigeria project, and has been contributing to the peace and development of the country.

He said, “I have observed the Constitution of PDP and the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) and wish to state as follows. Senator Ahmed Markarfi’s Caretaker Committee should be given at most, another three months to allow new executives and other organs of the party to be elected. Any time longer than three months will not be in the best interest of the party and its members.

“If Presidential election is to take place in February 2019, the minimum time required by an elected executive will not be more than 12 months to settle down. If there are interested members of the Caretaker Committee for elective positions, such as President, Senator or Governor, such persons should not remain in office as members of the Caretaker Committee for more than three months.

“On the Zoning of Presidency and Chairmanship of the Party, Clarke, who endorsed the post-election and reconciliation committee led by deputy senate president, Sen Ike Ekweremadu Committee Report which zoned the presidency to the North, and the National Chairmanship to the South”.

He added: “Let all Presidential aspirants from the 19 states of the North be subjected to one Primary, whereas, all National Chairmanship candidates from the 17 States of the South be subjected also to one Primary to contest together, so as to produce the best candidate, to practicalize democracy.

“Nigeria’s Democracy, as a State Policy in Nigeria is expressed in Chapter 2, section 14 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) and shall be stated based on the principles of Democracy and Social Justice.

“It is hereby accordingly declared that: (a). Sovereignty belongs to the people of Nigeria from whom Government, through this Constitution derives all its powers and authority.
“The participation by the people in their government shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution. Governors and other functionaries of government should not impose Candidates or delegates from their States.

“This was my warning in 2014, when I issued a press statement that PDP will destroy itself through the imposition of candidates, and that was what happened, when the then National Chairman of the party, Alhaji Adamu Muazu and then incumbent governors imposed unpopular candidates on the electorate.
“A situation where governors, government functionaries and candidates provide Logistics and convey delegates to Abuja and other voting locations should be jettisoned. I strongly recommend that direct primary election should be adopted where delegates would be made to vote at their localities, where no one will take advantage of and manipulate them.
“In order words, the recommendations of Prof Jerry Gana led- committee should be implemented”.
In a related development, chairman of the convention committee and Delta State Governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, has said the party is set to welcome high profile Nigerians defecting from other parties Okowa stated this while inspecting the Eagles Square, venue for the convention.

He said, “We just came to see what is on ground; I believe that our people will be safe because we have everything under control. we are not expecting any hitches at all.
“We are doing very well as a party and as a committee, in this kind of planning you will have some challenges here and there but there are solutions being proffered for everyone of it and we are confident that we are on the right track and it shall be well on Saturday”.
He assured that high profile Nigerians will join the party within the next three weeks, He said, “This is a new PDP and with the excitement we saw after the Supreme Court victory, we did see amongst Nigerians and not only PDP followers, I believe that a lot of people who thought that the party was going to implode by itself will realise that we are back alive and ready to offer what it takes to better the lives of Nigerians.

“Many of our members that left earlier due to one form of disagreement or the other will return back to their party because the National Caretaker Committee has has constituted a Reconciliation Committee as well as a Contact and Mobilization Committee to reach out to them.
“From the way things are going presently in this country, I believe Nigerians will realise that PDP is the only alternative that can bring Nigeria out of her present economic challenges”.
In a related development, national chairman of the party, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, has assured members of the party that the issues relating to the South West zone of the party have been resolved.
He said, “In politics, there are always issues but what is important is that we sit down and resolve the issues in a civil manner.

“Yesterday, we had a long meeting with the leaders from the zone to resolve the issues and no matter what you are doing as a political party you must lose some members and also gain others. As a party, we will continue to work hard not to lose anybody, but will work much harder to bring in more members to the party”.

source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/08/ibori-makes-comeback-with-pdp.html

Pdp den of thieves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by rusher14: 8:52am On Aug 11, 2017
richidinho:

APC also welcome Tinubu

Show us pictures of Delta State you love.
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Ajekuiya: 8:53am On Aug 11, 2017
Jerryojozy:
With such comment I weep for our dear country. Corruption has eaten deep into ur skull.

Genius J

How long will you continue to weep ? and how long will it take to treat the wounds of corruption that has 'eaten deep into my skul ' doctor sane ??
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Semper247(m): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2017
dumie:
The 8years he spent in office, his works spoke for him in all sectors,he formed an inclusive government and all regions in the state felt his impact, that u can't take away from him. He left a lasting legacy behind unlike other thieving politicians

Remove that "ie" from your monika and add "my".....
You sure cant do better yhan the poo you wrute up there

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by jobbers: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2017
hmmm
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by sukkot: 8:55am On Aug 11, 2017
dumie:
The 8years he spent in office, his works spoke for him in all sectors,he formed an inclusive government and all regions in the state felt his impact, that u can't take away from him. He left a lasting legacy behind unlike other thieving politicians

your name is really dumie

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 11, 2017
free2ryhme:

Pdp den of thieves

Do you have to quote the whole post
In a sane world Ibori would stay off politics and become a farmer. I really do not blame him, he has blind followers who celebrate him.
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by sukkot: 8:56am On Aug 11, 2017
the british govt will laugh at our ass for this move. someone they just jailed and released from jail is now a politician in naija lmao

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by richidinho(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2017
rusher14:

Show us pictures of Delta State you love.
show us pictures of ajegunle son
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by burqueenx(f): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2017
grin

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by sweatlana: 8:57am On Aug 11, 2017
dumie:
Ibori was one of if not the best governor from the SS region.
Hausa unity beggars will flood this thread. They will even call me igbo which I'm not. I'm just speaking the truth.

Iboris predicament was his dogged fight for ND resources control!
Those that call him a thief, did their state governor do a quater of what Ibori did for his state?

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 11, 2017
quiverfull:

There is no credible candidate to be found. We have two types of Human Beings in Nigeria. The brave politicians and the intelligent cowards. The intelligence ones just write and write behind closed doors, too afraid to stand up and endanger his family and himself. Intimate him once and he runs and hide. So Ibori and the likes will continue to be our options. Here I am so, also joining you guys to analyze these things. The moment you travel to Abuja, we do not see anyone talk about government. The people there are just busy looking for what to eat. It is only at Lagos that we spend time online writing thesis. So, we are finished. Done. Lost and failed as a country. A repented Ibori might just be better than a Saint Buhari in governance. We have no choice than to recycle them, cos we are too lazy.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by RottenTomato: 9:03am On Aug 11, 2017
GMBuhari:
And i bet they welcomed him with open arms

Imagine .... I know these fucckkerrs don't hype someone over nothing , Once he's bought the bishops and archbishops , i knew there was a plan in play ... I hope they field him and Fayose for Presidency or Him and Atiku

It's the best they can do

Useless party
You can hang yourself! Hungry ewedu-eating brown roofian! angry
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by rusher14: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2017
richidinho:

show us pictures of ajegunle son
Even Ajegunle residents do better than Bendel Estate these days.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by HonNellymike12(m): 9:04am On Aug 11, 2017
And some literate will still vote for him oooo. We no dey learn at all sha

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by free2ryhme: 9:09am On Aug 11, 2017
multicash:

Do you have to quote the whole post
In a sane world Ibori would stay off politics and become a farmer. I really do not blame him, he has blind followers who celebrate him.

If I had to quote the whole page shld not be an issue cos I have to
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by oweman: 9:09am On Aug 11, 2017
What a disaster a convicted criminal by all standards a thief .

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 11, 2017
dumie:
well your name is dummy so isorite grin

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by munas: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2017
You guys are just spewing trash...

So if your brother steals and was sent to jail by the law court,when he comes back,he ceases to be your brother right?
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by Grundig: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2017
PDP Is yet to get her act together.

I wish KOWA will be a bit more serious with their intention and ambition.

APC and PDP no serious
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by usmanbaba(m): 9:17am On Aug 11, 2017
I was amazed too. Is just as if some Nigerians are comfortable with our lack of development
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by MOSICATED5(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2017
This is a big move for DPD in Delta state, Ibori is the only political leader in Delta state

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by EYIBLESSN(m): 9:24am On Aug 11, 2017
kenonze:
grin
PDP,
After self inflicted injuries, they will still blame APC.
The only problem I have seen with APC is PMB..... If not, they remain the best party so far in the history of Nig

How old are you ? Party laced with propaganda and looting underground ? Reason before you type
Re: James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List by spreado(m): 9:30am On Aug 11, 2017
GoingPlaces247:
You are a fool dumie for that statement. Your moniker says it all. You are a dummy and got no brains.
were u in delta when Ibori was on seat?
were u in delta when Uduaghan was on seat?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ICPC Declares Shehu Mohammed Wanted / Lasun Yusuff Dumps APC (Photos) / President Buhari Receives Imo Governor Hope Uzodinma Behind Close Doors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.