Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,391 members, 7,940,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Do Not Wait Till The Rush Hour By Courage Simon - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Not Wait Till The Rush Hour By Courage Simon (455 Views)

To Women Who Want Men To Wait Till Marriage For Sex... / Marriage May Not Wait, Brothers! / The Reason Why A Broke Guy Should Not Wait Until He Made It Before He Look For L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Wait Till The Rush Hour By Courage Simon by mauricepricey: 6:03am On Aug 12, 2017
DO NOT WAIT TILL THE RUSH HOUR

By courage Simon (MC Virgin)

This is not the rush hour. I have waited for the bus at the bus top. I need a much cleaner bus, I can afford to wait since I am not in a hurry. Here 200 buses have passed and 100 of the buses were actually clean to meet my taste, but I needed a clean bus with a free space in front. I would rather wait than get myself squeezed in another sitting location.

Here comes a clean bus with a free space in front. No I can’t take this one, I don’t like the guy seated in front he has a tribal mark. Of course I can afford to wait a little more.

Here the 800th bus has passed and 400 of those were clean, had space in front and the guy in front had no tribal mark. No I can’t take this one, the conductor is not well dressed. Perhaps I could wait a little longer while I still have the time.

Time has passed, Buses of different kinds followed and I have been at the bus stop since the early hour of the day. Now the day is over and the night is running nigh, if I don’t board a bus now I will arrive at the event when it is already over.

The rush hour has caught up with me, I need a bus, any kind of bus, it does not need to be clean and I don’t mind if there is only one space left in the back or center or middle.

I need a bus. I don’t care if everybody in the bus has tribal mark.

I need a bus. I prefer to be squeezed in between passengers and even be soaked in their sweat.

I need a bus. The conductor does not need to be well dressed, in fact they work better in dirt accompanied by flamboyant body odor.

In the face of my despair, the buses kept passing by in their numbers but no space, not even a space anywhere.

“Now the darkness gathers, stars begin to peep, Birds and beasts and flowers soon will be asleep” the words of Sabine Baring-Gould, 1865. But here I am stranded already.

Oh a heavy down pour, no place at all to take solace, this is lekki and if I wait any longer I will have to swim home.

I trekked back home, missed the events and all it benefits, got depressed, got soaked in the rain and stayed in cold and pains.
You see, time has a lot to do with living. A second you have a chance and another second you lost a chance. Some things are best done today while others can be done tomorrow. Instead of counting time, make time count.

7 years ago you were 24 with a long list of wants and desires and you were faced with problems of choice. You needed him to be clean, very rich and spiritually strong and should even be an elder in at least two different congregations, you said he must be tall, develop 6 packs, have well-arranged beard, speak well and have good dress sense.

On the other hand, he said she must be slim, pretty and sexy, have a good command of English, industrious, light skinned, intelligent, hairy, tall and busty with fine bold legs and be well educated.

Hmmmmmmmm! They all tripped in, you interviewed them and finally said “I don’t want this set, they are not light skinned”. None met your taste.

Another set came, here are light skinned tall 6 packed cute guys. After the interview u said “He does not have cars/ she is not educated”.

Now is the rush hour, you have reviewed your list and cut it short, you need just any man/woman that loves you.

You don’t need cars nor height nor 6 packs. You are suddenly fade up with the complexion, you would not mine an albino. Yes the night is at the corner and you are still at the bus stop!!!

Now is the rush hour, you are ready to settle for less. This is the worst of it all, you will make decisions under pressure and it may not just be the right one. Why is this happening? You soiled the time meant for choices.
Now the rain is falling, roads will soon be flooded and there are no busses any longer.

The society is not even helping matters, they have so made you feel marriage is the ultimate end. So you go home soaked in the rain, stay in cold and pains and completely depressed.

There is no need to lower your standard, it is already too late. Hold on to it and keep living. Do not let the world’s impossible standard define your happiness. Who said you must be married? Marriage is not a must, Join the rest of us who are happily united in singleness. If you cannot honestly remain single, then you don’t have a choice than to be married.

And you that have found one, why are you courting for so long? Heheheheh he says he wants to know her better. Very funny excuse. Look she/he can hide who she/he is until after marriage so why waste more time!!! Relationship is already a full time job, do not apply if you are not ready.

Finally, to you that is 24 today and hope to be married someday, the earlier you review your long list of needs and unnecessary wants, the better for you. Know exactly what you want and where to get it. They guys/girls are watching you……you think you have some more time to misbehave? Yes you may have the time but decisions had already been made and when you are ready, it would have been too late and even harder to forget the misbehavior of days ago. What is seen today is mostly used to determine tomorrow.

The moment of decision making is before u leave the house to the bus stop, because when the rush hour begins, when the buses pass you by, when the day is over and the night is running nigh, when the rain starts falling you will be left with no choice, You would have lost your pride, you would have to settle for the less if at all available and then find yourself soaked in the rain, stay in cold and pains and completely depressed.

Do not wait for the rush hour!!!!!

Courage (uko) Simon is a prolific comic writer.
article no 92.
##McVirgin1912

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Wait Till The Rush Hour By Courage Simon by mauricepricey: 6:04am On Aug 12, 2017
please admin front page....biko
Re: Do Not Wait Till The Rush Hour By Courage Simon by Tobisco911(m): 6:22am On Aug 12, 2017
Nice one... Ftc pls for those people dat can select guys like beans...

1 Like

Re: Do Not Wait Till The Rush Hour By Courage Simon by Draei: 6:56am On Aug 12, 2017
You broke the charm, I can't remember the last
time I read a long post like this on NL..Cool words.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Instagram User Gives Horrible Advice On How To Deal With "Cheating" Boyfriends / Beauty, Brain And Money... / Whao! Check Out The Stunning Pre-wedding Photos Of Former MBGN Tourism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.