Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,601 members, 7,951,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. (1317 Views)

A Prisoner Dies In Cell: Who Can Solve This Puzzle? / Who Is The Survivor In The Puzzle? / Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. by verygudbadguy(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
I have decided to bring this question here to help Nairalanders who are rounding up NYSC and to also get all of us to reason together. The question is quite simple but at the same time tricky.

So, we were thousands that wrote the test back then. We were later called for first interview, then second. The last phase was supposed to be documentation for the last surviving 8 candidates. On that day, we entered the room hoping to get documented but surprised to meet panel of interviewers in the room again. We were divided into 2groups comprising of 4 candidates each. The question goes thus:

There is a room with a door (closed) and three light bulbs. Outside the room there are three switches, connected to the bulbs. You may manipulate the switches as you wish, but once you open the door you can’t change them. Identify each switch with its bulb.

Let's have some fun. Bring on your ideas to label the bulbs correctly. There is no harm in trying. I spoke for my group that day and lost but It made to think better on how to solve the puzzle.

Lalasticlala, please move to the FP to gain more audience.

Re: An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. by Niyeal(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
I will trace the wire

1 Like

Re: An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. by olayinks007(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
Wow nice one thr Op, 2 me oo i fink wat i will do is probably one d switch one after d other nd note whc of them is bin assigned to d 3 bulbs. Cos 2 arrive at any solution thr is actually a trier nd error kind of
Re: An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. by verygudbadguy(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
Niyeal:
I will trace the wire
grin cheesy
Re: An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. by verygudbadguy(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
olayinks007:
Wow nice one thr Op, 2 me oo i fink wat i will do is probably one d switch one after d other nd note whc of them is bin assigned to d 3 bulbs. Cos 2 arrive at any solution thr is actually a trier nd error kind of
You try. Trial and error won't work.
Re: An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. by verygudbadguy(m): 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
Be like say this one tough for people o. grin
Re: An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2017
Well, I this is how it works ....
When you switch on a bulb for a long time what happens to it ? The bulb gets hot right ..

So here is my solution
1st switch will be on
2nd switch as well will be on
3rd switch will be off (I won't even on it at all)
Now i will power off the 2nd switch and teleport to the room

So this way one of the bulbs will be on, one will be warm or even still hot and the other cold.
The one that is on is switch 1
The warm one is switch 2
And the cold one is switch 3..

Oya come and criticize my grammar

6 Likes

Re: An Interview Puzzle That Denied Me Of A Banking Job. by Victoryissure(m): 7:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
frizzylee:
Well, I this is how it works ....
When you switch on a bulb for a long time what happens to it ? The bulb gets hot right ..

So here is my solution
1st switch will be on
2nd switch as well will be on
3rd switch will be off (I won't even on it at all)
Now i will power off the 2nd switch and teleport to the room

So this way one of the bulbs will be on, one will be warm or even still hot and the other cold.
The one that is on is switch 1
The warm one is switch 2
And the cold one is switch 3..

Oya come and criticize my grammar

Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Freezed / Just To Have Fun...the MOST / Current Soundtrack Of Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.