Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,374 members, 7,943,940 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

Welcome To My House - Properties (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45946 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 8:56am On Oct 21, 2011
Wassaaap!!!!
Happy new year peeps(sic).It's your boy 'maski'!Where is everybodyHas the rapture happened and taken only meWhere are the elders?mama ice,axey,ilugun and all the other great people of this clanLet us come back and make this thread the beauty it was before, the hiatus.Gist don dey and plenty people wan yarn!!!Oya na, let's go there!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:14am On Oct 21, 2011
Feels good 2 be back here sha, shame to all the evil spirits that kept me away, now to open the cryogenic chamber and bring out all my other travellers on the spaceship 'Enterprise', wakey wakey peoples,the eagle has landed!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2011
Peoples,
Somebody needs to educate me if nepa has gotten better or worse, for my area now we dey smell pepper and bill dey grow like bamboo.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2011
Good day peoples,
Hope y'all went to vote, I did (or not).Rain has been so heavy 2day, i can see donkeys and elephants that fell from the sky in my area. On the other hand sha,this is what I call baby making weather so enjoy it (results will be evaluated in 9months).
Have yourselves a wonderful evening y'all.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2011
its me kinggy, it was like yestaday i use to read WTMH, masky, funmykemmy, icey etc in da building, dat was line in notorious big line. yeah i missed this thread like a baby will miss the mums braest milk,

@masky baba did i hear youy say the result of this weather will come out in this next 9 months(dats a warning for some of us , )will get me a rain coat with madam 2nite lol
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
@masky
UP NEPA in my area in Ogba(yaya abatan), this guys dey try make i no lie atleast we are iving power for a minimum of 12 hrs no exageration but the bill has gone up from N1,500 amonth to 3k+ a month.

me vote?(hell no) i dont think we are practising election wat we do in thjis part of the world is SELECTION i sha hope ours will not be like the revolution been seen in the arab world.

LETS KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE IM LOVING IT
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 10:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
King baba,nothing do u.we dey wait make all d other run away soja show make we begin blow!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2011
Happy Sunday People,
The Sun is out and all is well with the world. Nepa is bent on surprising me 2day, maybe na next month light I don dey use sef. Anyhow sha we dey manage am like that. Hope y'all had a good time with God in church?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2011
Rise and shine people,
Brand nu week for everybody!May it bring us all the best of everything!!Go out and win!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by spyder880(m): 7:32am On Oct 24, 2011
^^^ Amen to that, may you also win BIG!
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:58am On Oct 24, 2011
amen and amen its gona be a gre8 week
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hullo peoples,
Hope y'all doing good. How area?My side dey ok sha,only d inability of Plycon Construction Company to finish the Egbeda-Isheri road be d only concern. The project has been on for a millenium with so many scrapings and patchings,
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2011
Top of the morning,
Hope yesterday's rain did not turn your areas to another atlantic ocean o.I hear some people in Lekki and Surulere now buy pumping machines in place of generators, True or false?Abeg male una gist us o. Thank God for mercies sha,sun don come out. Make sure you just go out and win!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
A happi wknd to y'all!
Hope it has been as groovy as mine?I love me a football filled wknd especially when d results are favorable as dis one.U guys rest and recharge for d nu week.Enjoy!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2012
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 19, 2013
I'm back. I hope. Make una nor vex with ya sister. Story long. How far naw? grin grin grin How area? Gist plenty! Where do i start?

Somebody praise the Lord with me! Halleluyah? Emem? Uncle Fash has started work on Ago Palace Way, but the traffic these days na die! cry cry Anyway, I don't complain too much - all the trekking has helped my weight loss goals! cheesy

2. NEPA: I can't swear for them enough angry angry. For those of you born after the year 2000, i mean PHCN. Those guys be playing with my emotions. And dipping their hands freely into a sister's wallet.

There's more, but i'll come to it later.

What's been happuning to y'all?
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
Where's everybody? cry cry cry
Re: Welcome To My House by Tochi4life: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
Welcome Back! Just discovered this thread today that you resurrected it. still reading from page 1, I so love this thread I felt connected from just the first 5 posts, it was something different, not the usual boring Adverts. Hope new peeps are allowed t join the conversation? once again welcome back.
Re: Welcome To My House by gtrust: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
This thread causes Home-sickness!
Some of the descriptions are so vivid and I just imagine myself in Nijja!

Nostalgia!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
Tochi4life: Welcome Back! Just discovered this thread today that you resurrected it. still reading from page 1, I so love this thread I felt connected from just the first 5 posts, it was something different, not the usual boring Adverts. Hope new peeps are allowed t join the conversation? once again welcome back.

THanks! Everyone is welcome! Oya give us gist - wetin dey happen for your area?

gtrust: This thread causes Home-sickness!
Some of the descriptions are so vivid and I just imagine myself in Nijja!

Nostalgia!

Eeya! Where are you presently? UK? Whatsup with those exploding sidewalks? Is your area affected?
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
In other news, i recently got a standing book case - it does make the living room look nice and like we sabi book, hehe.

Even more importantly, my landlady has sacked the house agent - good riddance! Its a well known company that you wld have expected better from. Facility mgt went from bad to zero, with the landlady fixing things herself when she's around to us tenants fixing things ourselves when she's away which is most of the year.

I find that the biggest problem any house owner can have in mgt of their property is their own relatives!
Re: Welcome To My House by gtrust: 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
iceblue:

THanks! Everyone is welcome! Oya give us gist - wetin dey happen for your area?

Eeya! Where are you presently? UK? Whatsup with those exploding sidewalks? Is your area affected?

No, was in Europe briefly but that was many years ago. Not UK though.
Currently in the America continent.
Where I don reach nothing concern me with explosion. I don go far my sister!

I still love my nijja shaa. Nijja is the place, forget...
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
You're proof that Nigerians are probably the most widely distributed nationality in the world! E no easy. That's how we roll cool cool
Whish Americas you dey? Hope it's (not) Brazil? How is ya yard in that area?
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hey! Iceblue, long time no see! Finally moved to lagos in the summer of 2010 and we have lived happily ever after! I don get PhD in dealing with my landlord and neighbours! We are all living cordially now after some initial gra gra! Wahalai gist don plenty o! Me sef don become landlord for one yonder like that! But rent there na 150k for 3br flat!

Can't wait to catch up with you guys! Love
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
Omo, i had to go back to the beginning of the thread. Laughed hard. Fabulous bunch. Time to wake - this thread na service to humanity tongue

ijoseda: Hey! Iceblue, long time no see! Finally moved to lagos in the summer of 2010 and we have lived happily ever after! I don get PhD in dealing with my landlord and neighbours! We are all living cordially now after some initial gra gra! Wahalai gist don plenty o! Me sef don become landlord for one yonder like that! But rent there na 150k for 3br flat!

Can't wait to catch up with you guys! Love

Ijoseda!! I don miss una o! Congratulations! Na our prayer be dat - make we dey grow from tenant to landlord. N150k pa rent today, N1.5m rent tomorrow.

Business as usual. Begin dey give the gist.

I'm on vacation starting tomorrow - woohoo!
Re: Welcome To My House by gtrust: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
iceblue: You're proof that Nigerians are probably the most widely distributed nationality in the world! E no easy. That's how we roll cool cool
Whish Americas you dey? Hope it's (not) Brazil? How is ya yard in that area?

no, not Brazil. I'm kind of a professional and not a businessman.

are you still living with your sister
I think it'd good. not good to be alone.

Enjoy your vacation.
Any plans
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 24, 2013
My sister full ground thanks!

Per plans, yup! Going to find me a place with sand, sun and the sea, and electricity grin
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
With the drop in electricity production it's no wonder my light hasn't blinked in 2 whole days!!! Make this govt talk true - i bet all we produce is the 1,500mw that just dropped.

Special shout out to my neighbours. Once we got to know them we found out that they're actually really cool people. Everybody still dey mind their business sha, no over familiarity or anything.
Re: Welcome To My House by gtrust: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
How did you solve your water-pump wahala

Do you know the trade mark and the manufacturing country of your previous water-pump

When you guys bought the new water pump, were you given any manufacturers' waranty or parts/services
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
gtrust: How did you solve your water-pump wahala

Do you know the trade mark and the manufacturing country of your previous water-pump

When you guys bought the new water pump, were you given any manufacturers' waranty or parts/services

LOL @ warranty/parts/services. No. When u buy any appliance here, your receipt says 'goods sold in good condition cannot be returned'. One of my neighbours sells them or is close to someone who does, so we had to base the purchase on trust.

What to do my brother? The good news though is that this one seems pretty sturdy, or perhaps it's lasted this long because we fixed the problematic main pump by getting an additional one.
Re: Welcome To My House by gtrust: 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
iceblue:

LOL @ warranty/parts/services. No. When u buy any appliance here, your receipt says 'goods sold in good condition cannot be returned'. One of my neighbours sells them or is close to someone who does, so we had to base the purchase on trust.

What to do my brother? The good news though is that this one seems pretty sturdy, or perhaps it's lasted this long because we fixed the problematic main pump by getting an additional one.

Don't laugh out loud at me because I'm not totally naive! LOL!

Made in Germany water-pumps come with 3 years manufacturer warranty and 1 year parts and labour warranty!
The difference is that the cost of 1 made in Germany will buy you 3-4 made in China or made in Malysia.
People tend to prefer the cheaper and the seller will stamp "TESTED OK, NOT REFUNDABLE".

I'm not sure if anybody stocks those expensive German Water-pumps these days in Nigeria but...

What you think
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
@gtrust,we never do induction parry for you on! Icey, abeg arrange list for am! No forget add male goat o!

As per water pump, me no too get plenty experience for that department o! My land lord takes care of that. This is my third year in the house and I've escaped paying service charge in lump sum. Na pay as you go we dey do! And all I pay for is LAWMA FEE and general estate security levy. Landlord is kind enough to bear other cost!

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Surulere Burns Down Building, Cars (Photos, Videos) / Sagbokodji Island, Lagos Hasn't Seen Electricity For 100 Years / Lagos roofing contractor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.