Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,691 members, 7,948,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 03:44 AM

Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja (30297 Views)

About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon / Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) / BREAKING NEWS : A Monstrance/ Blessed Sacrament Stolen From A Cathedral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by donnie(m): 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
NSK4U:

Hail Mary, mother of purity, pray for US all, Amen!
grin grin grin

SMH

lipsrsealed
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by morinajojo: 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by gemale(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
donnie:

Where is the Word? The power of communion is not in the ability to turn bread to actual flesh and blood but in the proclamation of faith, based on that sacrifice of Jesus on Calvary.

When you break the bread and drink the cup, you activate the blessings of Jesus' death and resurrection in your life. 1Cor11:26 "For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes".

It is not in wether it became actual human flesh and blood but in the testimony of that sacrament.

-----------------------------------------------------------------modified:

Why you even mention my name sef... wetin consign me there?
Of course to human perception, it still remains bread & wine but through the eyes of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who instructed us to do this in memory of Him, it is His body & blood with all His presence contained within. In that same chapter that you quoted, didn't St paul warn that anyone who eats & drinks unworthily of the Lord's supper is guilty of the body & blood of Jesus Christ & 1 eats & drinks condemnation to 1's soul? If it was mere, powerless bread & wine, why would he give such a grave warning? Because we receive our Lord & saviour into our bodies when we eat that bread & drink that wine. Through that meal, we receive strength just like elijah did on his way to horeb. We become Christopher (bearers of Christ). We eat for today & for the last day when Jesus would raise us up in our incorruptible bodies. We are joined to the Lord and have become one body with Him. Hence it would be folly if 1 doesn't prepare adequately to receive Him worthily. 1 loses the bountiful promises attached & brings woe on his/her head.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by MiddleDimension: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
gemale:

Of course to human perception, it still remains bread & wine but through the eyes of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who instructed us to do this in memory of Him, it is His body & blood with all His presence contained within. In that same chapter that you quoted, didn't St paul warn that anyone who eats & drinks unworthily of the Lord's supper is guilty of the body & blood of Jesus Christ & 1 eats & drinks condemnation to 1's soul? If it was mere, powerless bread & wine, why would he give such a grave warning? Because we receive our Lord & saviour into our bodies when we eat that bread & drink that wine. Through that meal, we receive strength just like elijah did on his way to horeb. We become Christopher (bearers of Christ). We eat for today & for the last day when Jesus would raise us up in our incorruptible bodies. We are joined to the Lord and have become one body with Him. Hence it would be folly if 1 doesn't prepare adequately to receive Him worthily. 1 loses the bountiful promises attached & brings woe on his/her head.

for your information, donnie, Joeagbaje, zionmade et al, are Christ embassy members.

There is a sense in Love World's (Chirst Embassy) theological culture that they have a superior message of the highest power among all other churches. They believe very strongly, in the words of one of them, that "no one else teaches the word like it is taught by Oyakhs".

The frequent use of some Greek and Hebrew words in many of Oyakhilome's preachment makes these people to think Oyakhilome has some rare privilege to some ancient and rare copies of the original manuscripts of the bible; as if the greek and hebrew bible are not common place!

Notice that donnie used the word "sacrament". It is possible that he doesn't know that other christians have long been using that word and definitely know more about the Eucharist than he knows. This can be seen in the fact that he asked "where is the word?" after reading that guy's post. The things he said in reply to my post about the Eucharist are not even as deep as that guy's knowledge as well as yours. But because what that guy said, wasn't said to him by Oyakhilome, he just didn't see any power in it.

If the use of greek and hebrew words means that one has a better understanding of the 'word', then i would ask these love world members to go visit their next door neighbour, Household of God, and see that Oyakhilome doesn't know half as much greek and hebrew as Okotie.

Also, the more older churches use greek and hebrew words much more than Oyakhilome will ever use. The word Eucharist is probably new to Donnie.

The point i am making is: there is nothing Oyakhilome is saying today that HAS NEVER BEEN SAID BEFORE. THAT HE IS THE FIRST ONE FROM WHOM YOU ARE HEARING IT, DOESN'T MEAN THOSE THINGS ARE NEW!

So maybe is members should just drop the speriority feeling. I have to admit it here that among pastors of new generation churches, he is more knowledgable apart from Okotie and probably TB Joshua.

After all is said and done, i think i admire Oyakhilome. Some of the thigs he says are good and are useful for me even as an atheist. I loving listening to him. He helps sharpen my oratory skills. That is also the reason i listen to Okotie and John Hagee.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by donnie(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2017
MiddleDimension:

There is a sense in Love World's (Chirst Embassy) theological culture that they have a superior message of the highest power among all other churches.

You are correct about the EXCEPTIONALISM of the BLW nation. And it is true that we have the message for these last days, A SUPERIOR ONE, and hence a message that MUST be heard. And that's the reason you find that when we teach something today, others will teach it in 10 to15 years time.

MiddleDimension:

The frequent use of some Greek and Hebrew words in many of Oyakhilome's preachment makes these people to think Oyakhilome has some rare privilege to some ancient and rare copies of the original manuscripts of the bible; as if the greek and hebrew bible are not common place!

Very funny, I have been studying Greek and Hebrew for almost 10 years. I have a Bible in CD which I purchased since 2008 with Greek and Hebrew, installed on the laptop right in front of me now. And this is aside other studies and research I have done so don't be silly.

MiddleDimension:

Notice that donnie used the word "sacrament". It is possible that he doesn't know that other christians have long been using that word and definitely know more about the Eucharist than he knows. This can be seen in the fact that he asked "where is the word?" after reading that guy's post. The things he said in reply to my post about the Eucharist are not even as deep as that guy's knowledge as well as yours. But because what that guy said, wasn't said to him by Oyakhilome, he just didn't see any power in it.

If the use of greek and hebrew words means that one has a better understanding of the 'word', then i would ask these love world members to go visit their next door neighbour, Household of God, and see that Oyakhilome doesn't know half as much greek and hebrew as Okotie.

Also, the more older churches use greek and hebrew words much more than Oyakhilome will ever use. The word Eucharist is probably new to Donnie.

It's possible that the use of Greek and Hebrew could earn you some accolades in some congregations, but certainly not Christ Embassy. At CE, like in the bible, such knowledge should produce the fruit of Love and mighty works of faith, otherwise, it's useless.

It's obvious you don't know who you are engaging.
I come from a well known Catholic family in my state. My grandfather a knight of st Molumba, carried the box for the first Catholic missionary to ever visit the Catholic diocese several years ago. Pope John Paul II sent a tribute which was read on the day of my grandfather's funeral. His younger sister (a Mother Supreme) is currently the oldest reverend sister in my state.

My mother was CWO president before she left for UK. She currently serves communion alongside her parish priest in London. She was the only one allowed to join the knights to follow my uncle's corpse at his burial. Her eldest sister is a reverend sister. Two of her elder brothers went to senior seminaries but didn't become priests. They are also knights of St Molumba. I have a reverend father first cousin. So just forget that nonsense you typed.

MiddleDimension:

The point i am making is: there is nothing Oyakhilome is saying today that HAS NEVER BEEN SAID BEFORE. THAT HE IS THE FIRST ONE FROM WHOM YOU ARE HEARING IT, DOESN'T MEAN THOSE THINGS ARE NEW!

So maybe is members should just drop the speriority feeling. I have to admit it here that among pastors of new generation churches, he is more knowledgable apart from Okotie and probably TB Joshua.

After all is said and done, i think i admire Oyakhilome. Some of the thigs he says are good and are useful for me even as an atheist. I loving listening to him. He helps sharpen my oratory skills. That is also the reason i listen to Okotie and John Hagee.

You have made no point... just quit the envy... That's all.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by MiddleDimension: 7:46am On Aug 17, 2017
donnie:

You are correct about the EXCEPTIONALISM of the BLW nation. And it is true that we have the message for these last days, A SUPERIOR ONE, and hence a message that MUST be heard. And that's the reason you find that when we teach something today, others will teach it in 10 to15 years time.

Very funny, I have been studying Greek and Hebrew for almost 10 years. I have a Bible in CD which I purchased since 2008 with Greek and Hebrew, installed on the laptop right in front of me now. And this is aside other studies and research I have done so don't be silly.

It's obvious you don't know who you are engaging.
I come from a well known Catholic family in my state. My grandfather a knight of st Molumba, carried the box for the first Catholic missionary to ever visit the Catholic diocese several years ago. Pope John Paul II sent a tribute which was read on the day of his funeral. His younger sister (a Mother Supreme) is currently the oldest reverend sister in my state.

My mother was CWO president before she left for UK. She currently serves communion alongside her parish priest in London. She was the only one allowed to join the knights to follow my uncle's corpse at his burial. Her eldest sister is a reverend sister. Two of her elder brothers went to senior seminaries but didn't become priests. They are also knights of St Molumba. I have a reverend father first cousin. So just forget that nonsense you typed.

You have made no point... just quit the envy... That's all.

to put it plainly without saying so many words: I DONT ENVY YOU, I JUST PITY YOU GUYS!

You don't know beyond what Oyakhs knows, hence you think you are exceptional.

You say you are exceptional because other churches teach what you have taught for 10-15 years earlier; does that also include the power to forgive sins that christians have, or does it include "thoughts can be transmitted"? Lol.

If by saying the things other people have said before millenia ago, you think you are exceptional, what then do you want the older churches as well as esoteric organization to say about themselves? And na these people, whose teachings Oyakhs is copying verbatim, no dey even waka with a chip in their shoulder! Lol.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by donnie(m): 7:51am On Aug 17, 2017
MiddleDimension:

to put it plainly without saying so many words: I DONT ENVY YOU, I JUST PITY YOU GUYS!

You don't know beyond what Oyakhs knows, hence you think you are exceptional.

You say you are exceptional because other churches teach what you have taught for 10-15 years earlier; does that also include the power to forgive sins that christians have, or does it include "thoughts can be transmitted"? Lol.

If by saying the things other people have said before millenia ago, you think you are exceptional, what then do you want the older churches as well as esoteric organization to say about themselves? And na these people, whose teachings Oyakhs is copying verbatim, no dey even waka with a chip in their shoulder! Lol.

Nobody dey hold their mouth. Everyone should see and call themselves as God sees and calls them.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by MiddleDimension: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2017
Benedictus, itao you all maybe find this discussion i am having here with donnie interesting.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by MiddleDimension: 7:59am On Aug 17, 2017
donnie:

Nobody dey hold their mouth. Everyone should see and call themselves as God sees and calls them.

so do you now agree that Oyakhs is not the first to teach the things he teaches, hence those things are not new?
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by donnie(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2017
MiddleDimension:

so do you now agree that Oyakhs is not the first to teach the things he teaches, hence those things are not new?

Of course they are not new... Only that majority of today's church are babes. After all, even the apostle Paul taught along same lines. Peter even referred to Paul's teachings as difficult for the (spiritually) unlearned to understand. It's the same way many today fight with Pst Chris' teachings and later teach same, which is a good thing, praise God.

It's not even about what topic is taught, but the ministry of the Spirit at work during such ministrations. You cannot copy that one... It's a grace granted ministers by the Spirit Himself. That's why even those who don't understand English can get blessed just by being under such ministration of the Spirit.

Read:
2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by sweetgala(m): 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
1stCitizen:

Defiance to unrepentant thieves that will strike again at the slightest opportunity. Such effort should be directed towards intense prayer devoid of exhibition.

Collective supplication and request for forgiveness need not be carried out like a parade. That is why we have church buildings and prayer camps.

It is a public space and therefore once the consent of the police is granted they can protest peaceful
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Nigeriadondie: 12:46am On Aug 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

SU
Scripture Union grin
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by MiddleDimension: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
donnie:

Of course they are not new... Only that majority of today's church are babes. After all, even the apostle Paul taught along same lines. Peter even referred to Paul's teachings as difficult for the (spiritually) unlearned to understand. It's the same way many today fight with Pst Chris' teachings and later teach same, which is a good thing, praise God.

It's not even about what topic is taught, but the ministry of the Spirit at work during such ministrations. You cannot copy that one... It's a grace granted ministers by the Spirit Himself. That's why even those who don't understand English can get blessed just by being under such ministration of the Spirit.

Read:
2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

i am happy you have agreed to that and that has been my point all the while wey dey make you pick up arms against me in rebellion.

I also agree with you that majority of these churches are not as knowledgeable and that's why they say and argue the way they do. CE members are not left out of this too. While you best majority of christians and you get the kind of attitude they give you, so too knowledgeable members of churches with first century traditions, will best all CE members, except Oyakhilome himself (i suspect), and you all will give them the same attitude you get from members of other new generation (mainly pentecostal) churches. This is because (and take this as a constructive criticism) you guys don't know beyond what Oyakhilome tells you. An evidence of this is the fact that of all Nigerian christians, the most supportive and least skeptical of SCOAN and TB Joshua are CE members. Why is that? Because TB Joshua and Oyakhilome are friends. I have seen videos of Oyakhilome with Joshua together in SCOAN during a healing session. He also prayed for SCOAN during the building collapse.

The fact you follow Oyakhilome very closely and are more likely to take only what you hear from him, is not always bad and also not strange at all. This shows you are organized and easy to lead, qualities of good citizens. It is not strange because we see it among other people too.

The most christians open to Oyedepo are Redeem members; to deeper life are MFM; to anglicans are methodists; to SCOAN are CEs and to Freemasons are Rosicrucians.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by MiddleDimension: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
donnie:

Read:

i am glad you said majority of churches and not "all of the churchhes". I agree with you completely on that; and that has been my point all the while.

Yes they argue with you because they do not know these things and their pastors have not told them yet. Their pastors have not told them because those pastors themselves do not know them as well.

Not only do majority of christians (pentecostals mainly) behave this way, CE members are as culpable too! The reason you appear better than these guys is because you are with someone who is ahead, Oyakhs.

Oyakhilome is also just coming to the realization others have also reached millenia before him. The same way CE members look at majority of christians and laugh at them for now agreeing with what they disagreed with so vehemently, is the same way christians of first century churches and esoteric organizations deeply rooted in millinia old traditions do you too.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by donnie(m): 6:16am On Aug 21, 2017
MiddleDimension:

i am happy you have agreed to that and that has been my point all the while wey dey make you pick up arms against me in rebellion.

I also agree with you that majority of these churches are not as knowledgeable and that's why they say and argue the way they do. CE members are not left out of this too. While you best majority of christians and you get the kind of attitude they give you, so too knowledgeable members of churches with first century traditions, will best all CE members, except Oyakhilome himself (i suspect), and you all will give them the same attitude you get from members of other new generation (mainly pentecostal) churches. This is because (and take this as a constructive criticism) you guys don't know beyond what Oyakhilome tells you. An evidence of this is the fact that of all Nigerian christians, the most supportive and least skeptical of SCOAN and TB Joshua are CE members. Why is that? Because TB Joshua and Oyakhilome are friends. I have seen videos of Oyakhilome with Joshua together in SCOAN during a healing session. He also prayed for SCOAN during the building collapse.

The fact you follow Oyakhilome very closely and are more likely to take only what you hear from him, is not always bad and also not strange at all. This shows you are organized and easy to lead, qualities of good citizens. It is not strange because we see it among other people too.

The most christians open to Oyedepo are Redeem members; to deeper life are MFM; to anglicans are methodists; to SCOAN are CEs and to Freemasons are Rosicrucians.
grin
You enh...
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by donnie(m): 6:39am On Aug 21, 2017
MiddleDimension:

That's the reason Christians should be more patient and gracious towards each other. Because it's the same body of Christ and the same Word of God but different levels of revelation.

Someone once gave an illustration about 3 blind men who attempted to describe a huge elephant.
One of them held the trunk and said, " an elephant is like a huge pipe.

The second blind man held the leg and said "an elephant is like a tree trunk".

The third man held the tail and said "an elephant is just like a snake."

And so what we are to all desire is the EPIGNOSIS of God. The Greek Word "Epignosis" is used for "knowledge" in Ephisians 1:17 and refers to the full complete knowledge of God...knowledge that isn't passive...knowledge with participation. Then can we say the church has come to maturity.

And one sign of maturity is love, patience, being able to tolerate and relate with one who may have a lesser revelation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reinhard Bonnke's 2017 Crusade Farewell In Lagos, Nigeria (Pictures - Day 1) / Prophet Christian Shola Visits Peter Fregene, Donates Cash Gifts / Evangelist Leads Masquerades To Christianity (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.