Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,480 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:54 PM

I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers (484 Views)

Insecurity: PDP Says Obasanjo’s Position Vindicates Their Stand / Nigerians Are Frustrated, Says Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by divinehand2003(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2017
I want to go to heaven, says Obasanjo
Punch Newspapers / Taiwo Ojoye / 14 minutes ago

Former President Olusegun Obansanjo on Saturday at Apostolic Faith Church said he wants to go heaven and longs to sing among the heavenly host.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria Obasanjo made this remark during the 2017 Camp Meeting Concert by Apostolic Faith Church Choir and Orchestral at the Camp Ground Igbesa in Ogun State.

He said, “You have to be fully prepared for the second coming of our Lord, there is no compromise.

“I have a friend who will always say that when we get to heaven, we will be exhausted  praising God and it will be like a prison and very boring.

“But with what I have seen by the choir this afternoon, I will want to go to heaven and join the host to sing.

“If this is an example of what  praising God in heaven will be like, then I want to be  part of it. If what I have seen here is an indication of how heaven will be, I will like  go to heaven.

“Jesus Christ came to the world to show us the way to salvation and eternal life. We have a good heritage and we have everything to be proud of.”

Obasanjo said God could not  fix Nigeria  except Nigerians invite God into their lives collectively and individually.

“We have a lot of things wrong with this country, if all Nigerians are sincere.

“Nigeria can be fixed by God but we have to invite Him into our lives. What we have to do about this country is in our hands.

“Gods grace abounds when we do not abuse it,” he said.

The District Superintendent, Apostolic Faith, West Africa, Rev. Adebayo Adeniran,  said that only tolerance, peaceful coexistence and harmonious living among Nigerians, irrespective of religious and political differences,  could lead to meaningful development.

http://punchng.com/i-want-to-go-to-heaven-says-obasanjo/

Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by Zeze06(m): 7:07am On Aug 13, 2017

And do what?

Maybe there is an upcoming election you want to go and observe angry

Or you want to negotiate an MOU between heaven and earth so that heaven can review her strict immigration laws embarassed
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by morbeta(m): 7:09am On Aug 13, 2017
Impossicant.....
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by divinehand2003(m): 7:11am On Aug 13, 2017
That's is very very tall order/wish.

It will be easier for a cow to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy Naija politician to enter into heaven.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by Lytech(m): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2017
Only God knows how he does it things.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by alex81(m): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2017
lol. which heaven

Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by Tolexander: 7:25am On Aug 13, 2017
Go to heaven if you wan go now!

At least, Nigeria will be short of a devil.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by Atiku2019: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2017
Nice my Boss
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by Folabimi(m): 7:26am On Aug 13, 2017
So does every1 yet we stray frm God commandments
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by olawaletimi(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2017
Has Anyone told Baba Iyabo that Muammar Gaddafi is in Heaven? ... because he might want to go and collect the remains of his largesse.
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by GMBuhari: 7:46am On Aug 13, 2017
Hope he makes it there

Abi baba don dey see wetin go happen ni ??

this his religious statements these days
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by Jabioro: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2017
Ebora Owu..! Very funny man, the crafty of Nigerians army, the Biafra conqueror.. the one who looked at the face of his people I said no.. I prayed you will make to heaven ...
Re: I Want To Go To Heaven, Says Obasanjo Punch Newspapers by CAPSLOCKED: 7:55am On Aug 13, 2017
Tolexander:
Go to heaven if you wan go now!
At least, Nigeria will be short of a devil.

(1) (Reply)

Got The Country You Wanted In Pieces / Nnamdi Kanu's Wicked Ways / Dirty Politics - Ngozi Madu - Biafra Women Worldwide / Aso Rock Clinic Does Not Have Paracetamol Or Cotton Wool - Thecable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.