Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,008 members, 7,949,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

Why Buhari Must Now Return Home! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Must Now Return Home! (528 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Four Years After, Ex-nigerian Minister Set To Return Home From Exile / 2019: Why Buhari Must Be Voted Out – Saraki / Return Home Now, Afenifere Tells Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Must Now Return Home! by WizzPoll: 1:51am On Aug 14, 2017
http://wizz-poll.com/2017/08/14/why-president-buhari-must-now-return-home/

In my last write-up titled “Resume or Resign- A rejection of Osibanjo’s leadership” I argued about how President Buhari had fulfilled the requirements of section 145 of the constitution and there is an Acting President in place and since there was no vacuum the Nation can move on while the President recuperates. I guess given the little information we had at the time about the state of health of the President it was important that as a Nation we show some compassion to our serving leader regardless of who that leader might be.
However following a visit by The President’s communication team that included Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie and Abike Dabiri Erewa among others; to London on the weekend of 11/08/17. What we saw was a President Buhari who had his co-ordinating senses intact, able to stand, meet-and-greet, take a walk around the garden and crack jokes. That sounds like what Presidents do on daily basis anyway and then make decisions for the country. It seems to me the President is fit enough to return home and govern.

It is true that the legal requirements of section 145 of the constitution has been met, but its appears the spirit and intention of that section of the constitution is being stretched. The President of the country should be a statesman and a leader, and adhering to the nominal requirements of the constitution while abdicating responsibility is beneath the kind of behaviour required in a leader. I don’t think it will be acceptable for a Soldier serving in Sambisa Forest to take a leave of absence for illness, abandon his duty post and then go to Lagos to have a ball with his mates while posting pictures on the social media about how well he is without even having the decency to communicate to his commander the date of his return or progress of his illness.

Buhari must now return home and stop trying to govern the Nation by proxy. Nigerians are saying that based on the videos we saw you are now well enough to come back home and lead the Nation. There are a lot of Chief Executives and Company Managing Directors out there who have all kind of medical challenges but live on medication and run their companies on daily basis. As President you can relocate the best medical services in the world over to Aso Rock and manage your health while you lead the Nation. There is no more basis for the President to remain in London. If the job is too stressful and then you have to stay away then the morally right thing to do is to resign. Section 145 of the constitution was never intended as a blank cheque for the President to run away from their responsibility when they feel like it. I do not agree there is any gap in this section of the constitution because I don’t believe the constitution can legislate against everything.

On a side note Lai Mohammed as the Minister of Information should not have made that trip, he is a cabinet Minister who should at this moment be reporting to the Acting President!  Information Ministers must learn to stop confusing their roles with that of the spokesman of the President.

Anyway, sorry to digress! Come back home Mr President and help tackle the security and economic challenges facing the country.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Now Return Home! by Siddeek: 3:30am On Aug 14, 2017
Please allow baba to rest atleast for a year or two before coming back. He must have been strong by then.
Re: Why Buhari Must Now Return Home! by elijahkayode(m): 6:11am On Aug 14, 2017
After 90 days in England President Muhammad Buhari In Perfect Health, Attends To Nigeria Senators Today At London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWVJ2Vc3nNE
Re: Why Buhari Must Now Return Home! by WizzPoll: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
It is time to come home
Re: Why Buhari Must Now Return Home! by Ojiofor: 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
Op go and join Charlie boy in his next protest and if Bubu refuses to come back we should relocate Nigeria to London that will be more convinient for Mr president.
Re: Why Buhari Must Now Return Home! by WizzPoll: 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Shekau Runs Mad! Threatens To Finish Buhari, Buratai And Jonathan In New Video / New Theory On Chibok Girls Kidnap - Victims / I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.