Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,194 members, 7,891,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:41 AM

Are The Best Days Of Entertainment Behind Us?? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are The Best Days Of Entertainment Behind Us?? (368 Views)

Home Of Entertainment Gist / Paradise Of Entertainment / Okorocha Has Made Imo The Hub Of Entertainment In Africa – Conac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are The Best Days Of Entertainment Behind Us?? by Marcsolo1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
Are the best days of entertainment behind us??
Entertainment comprises of the movie, music and sport industry.
First let's look at the sport industry
This present age, the world of sport is nowhere compared to the past in terms of passion though it has more viewers now. Let's look at football for example. Since the Russians and Arabs came into the game "loyalty"is just a word in the dictionary. Players no longer stick to a club for years, even those that stick to their club ask for higher wages. Young and Vibrant players leave to China and MLS for money.Players now snub their national teams for club interest e.g players of the Cameroon national team in 2016 afcon.
Secondly Let's look at the music industry. Apart from the fact that it has created more jobs and money through hosting of shows and concert, video making(video vixens, editors) music production(instrument, mixers, producers) this part of the entertainment industry lacks passion.
Music lyrics this days is a thing left for R&B. Other genre of music sees good lyrics as something optional. Music now has more listeners ,musicians and money. but let's not also forget that it has more trash.
Thirdly, the movie industry. This part of the industry is the only part i feel has grown better in terms clearer videos, nice movie script, good actors. But still there are still lapses in this industry in terms of copyright.
Money and fame is now the drive for our entertainers, i feel this kills the passion and the beauty of the industry or what do my fellow nairalanders feel??

(1) (Reply)

Story Time!!: Devil Within (episode 1) / I’d Love To Win An Oscar, Adesua Etomi Says / The Clash Of Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.