Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,899 members, 7,922,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:32 PM

What Is Ur Advise To Ag. Preident Goodluck? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Ur Advise To Ag. Preident Goodluck? (566 Views)

Ag. Igp Arase Restores Officer’s Salary Two Years After Removal From Payroll. / Pictures:Preident Jonathan's meeting with the Chibok Girls & Parents / The South African Preident Says His Country Is Ready To Patner Nigeria To Rid Af (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Ur Advise To Ag. Preident Goodluck? by zogo(m): 1:55am On Feb 16, 2010
Who Knows somebody might be noting your contribution.

To me, firstly, i congratulate Dr. Goodluck Jonathan for achieving the status of the Acting President, secondly, i commend the National Assembly for her radical aproach in restoring sanity by empowering AG. President Goodluck Jonathan, which was a "necessity" at a time when the country and indeed the global community was watching at our system of democracy.
However, if am oportuned to see him in person, these are critical areas he must focus.

1. The Niger Delta Issue: sory am not being sentimental here, but we have to be realistic in our analyses here. I think if a region that contributes about 90% to the country's wealth is given a fare share by developing her human and infrastructural capacity, then it will mean JUSTICE to the people of the region and PEACE in the country. This is as the poverty level in the region is very high. in the midst of plenty we suffer.

2. SUSTAINABLE POWER GENERATION: As far as Niger Delta is concern, there is no electricity in Nigeria. I dont know of the North and West anyway. The truth is that power affects every facet of life and the economy. from statistics, the developed/developing nations of the world like Libya, Ghana, China etc. are noted for steady power generation, this is as epileptic power generation will frustrate economic and general activities. it will even lead to short life expectancy and the more. Its time that Nigeria go nuclear,in power generation. With situation of power in Nigeria, currently if a radical solution is not initiated, then vision 20-2020 might be a mirrage!

3. FREE TERTIARY EDUCATION FOR CITIZENS & SCHOLARSHIPS: Education is light, this fact can not be overemphasized. At this level of our development, Nigeria should learn to invest on her citizenry, so that in turn her citizens will pay back to thier country. Massive/radical human capacity development for a country like Nigeria wont be bad.

4. ROTATIONAL PRESIDENCY: There has to be a constitution review and resolutions as regards to the issue of power sharing, this as some blocs feel they were born to rule, while others are to follow them. there has to be a way of not allowing one zone hegemonize the presidency, but it should go round the various zones in Nigeria for the sake of "one Nigeria".

5. ICT FOCUS: The world has gone digital with recent ICT takeoff. if Nigeria must become one of the best 20 economies in the world by 2020 (vision 20-2020) then there has to be a radical appreciation and implementation of the ICT in Nigeria. But how can ICT function without power?

Well for now these are my advise for President Goodluck, lets hear yours. i'll update this letter soon.

lets roll on,
Re: What Is Ur Advise To Ag. Preident Goodluck? by Mwakuk(m): 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
I wish to congratulate him to ascending to the position of the Ag. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I will advise him to be ware of praise singers, especially those from the Northern part of the country. This is so because their claim of the Presidency 'belonging to the North' shows that they do not wish this country well. No geographical location should be higher than the other. For the nation to move forward, we must shun sentiments and think of moving the nation forward, no matter who is on the mantle of leadership.

He should pay serious attention to the provision of power to the nation. Thank God, he was the Chairman of the Presidential Committee on Power Generation. so he is already familiar with the problems therein.

Next, he should pay attention to infrastructural development, by ensuring that the roads are fixed, because a lot of people die on them daily.

Just like the Elders of the nation have advised him already, he should trim down the 7 points agenda so that he concentrates on what will move the nation forward and let us witness tangible development.
Re: What Is Ur Advise To Ag. Preident Goodluck? by naijaswag1: 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
its useless,they wont hear.contest the 2011 elections and cause chaos so that nigeria will split.

(1) (Reply)

Party Is Over, Says Jonathan / If I Start Preaching For Peace And Unity: / Police Arraign 3 For Alleged Threat To Kill Ogun Pdp Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.