Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,654 members, 7,937,950 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. (621 Views)

Those Promising Tinubu Presidency In 2023 Are Just Deceiving Him – Adebanjo / Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! / Osun Rerun: Adeleke Deceiving Muslims – MURIC Issues Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by MyNewJackeT: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2017
Yes why are we deceiving ourselves.

Where some people are shouting one Nigeria but they don't want another ethnic group to stay amongst them.

Where some people are shouting secession but they keep on applying for federal government jobs and FG benefits.

Where some people are shouting for electric cars when they know we don't have steady power supply in the country, or is it "I pass my neighbour" generator that we'll be using to charge the cars.

Where our top politicians don't send their children to Nigerian schools or even use Nigerian hospitals. If there was a war how many of their children will serve in the army considering that they benefit more from this country than any one else.

Why are we deceiving ourselves,
When herdsmen take their cows into farmlands, how do they want the community to feed themselves. Where the food basket of the nation uses traditional farming tools instead of mechanized farming.

Where begging is now becoming an everyday job or business that must and will be taxed. Where people kill others and no one is punished for it.

I'm not a top politician, but I believe the debate in the upper and lower house of assembly is becoming boring, we have people that have never sponsored any Bill ever since they were elected into office.

There are pictures of senators and house of assembly members sleeping when house is in session, is that what we voted them for?

Why does the country keep borrowing money to finance old debts and no one else is thinking of paying back now that oil prices are going down.

Its time to make this country work, it's time for us to look deep into the problems that affect this country. We have one year to do this before the coming election, it's time to Arise o compatriot and obey Nigeria 'so call, the question we should ask ourselves is...

Are we going to defend Nigeria unity and serve the country with all our strengths or are we going to break up into pieces because we finally have opened our eyes to see the truth about the real NIGERIA. (who knows what it means)

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by AdiscoPele: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2017
This is what we really need in the front page of Nairaland at this time in Nigeria but the mods will never move such, once it doesn't contain snake, fayose's, ffk or nnamdi kanu's divisive jargons.

Nairaland mods are part of our problem in Nigeria, I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by MyNewJackeT: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2017
AdiscoPele:
This is what we really need in the front page of Nairaland at this time in Nigeria but the mods will never move such, once it doesn't contain snake, fayose's, ffk or nnamdi kanu's divisive jargons.

Nairaland mods are part of our problem in Nigeria, I believe .

LOL
Re: Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by succyblinks(f): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2017
I'm scared of war but I think separation is what Nigeria needs now, cos only one region has all the whole position at the top. The different part should go on their own abeg

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by ofai: 8:02am On Aug 15, 2017
There was a country

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by attackgat: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2017
MyNewJackeT:
Yes why are we deceiving ourselves.

Where some people are shouting one Nigeria but they don't want another ethnic group to stay amongst them.

Where some people are shouting secession but they keep on applying for federal government jobs and FG benefits.

Where some people are shouting for electric cars when they know we don't have steady power supply in the country, or is it "I pass my neighbour" generator that we'll be using to charge the cars.

Where our top politicians don't send their children to Nigerian schools or even use Nigerian hospitals. If there was a war how many of their children will serve in the army considering that they benefit more from this country than any one else.

Why are we deceiving ourselves,
When herdsmen take their cows into farmlands, how do they want the community to feed themselves. Where the food basket of the nation uses traditional farming tools instead of mechanized farming.

Where begging is now becoming an everyday job or business that must and will be taxed. Where people kill others and no one is punished for it.

I'm not a top politician, but I believe the debate in the upper and lower house of assembly is becoming boring, we have people that have never sponsored any Bill ever since they were elected into office.

There are pictures of senators and house of assembly members sleeping when house is in session, is that what we voted them for?

Its time to make this country work, it's time for us to look deep into the problems that affect this country. We have one year to do this before the coming election, it's time to Arise o compatriot and obey Nigeria 'so call, the question we should ask ourselves is...

Are we going to defend Nigeria unity and serve the country with all our strengths or are we going to break up into pieces because we finally have opened our eyes to see the truth about the real NIGERIA. (who knows what it means)

It is time for us all to go our separate ways just as we were before that idiot called Lugard came to force us all to be together.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by MyNewJackeT: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
AdiscoPele:

Nairaland mods are part of our problem in Nigeria, I believe.

Yes it's true the mods are biased, it's called CONFIRMATION BIAS.

Where they love to agree with people who agree with them. It's why they only visit websites that express their political opinions, and why they mostly hang around people who hold similar views and tastes. They tend to be put off by individuals, groups, and news sources that make them feel uncomfortable or insecure about thier views — what the behavioral psychologist B. F. Skinner called cognitive dissonance. It's this preferential mode of behavior that leads to the confirmation bias — the often unconscious act of referencing only those perspectives that fuel their pre-existing views, while at the same time ignoring or dismissing opinions — no matter how valid — that threaten their world view. And paradoxically, the internet has only made this tendency even worse.

That's what mynd44 and Seun are, they are humans too not machines.

I hope I don't come back to edit this.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by MyNewJackeT: 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2017
But
Re: Why Are We Deceiving Ourselves. by MyNewJackeT: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44 haven't you read this?

(1) (Reply)

PDP Offers To Help Buhari In Anti-Corruption War, Terrorism / Witness’ Evidence Contradicts Fayose’s Claim On Ekiti Debts / We Have Started Our Restructuring Lai Muhammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.