Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? (1790 Views)

How My Mom Ruined My Life / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / Zimbabwean Man Invites Wife's Boyfriend To His House For Sex & He Came (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2017
Is it a good thing to introduce my boyfriend to my mom?
(+26...7 MaryJane) asks: is it a good thing to introduce my boyfriend to my mom?
If you are serious  about your boyfriend, and think that your mom will like him, then it is good to introduce him. However, it's also perfectly okay not to introduce him if you think it will cause more harm than good. You can choose to wait until you find someone who you think may eventually become not just your boyfriend but family��!

--------------------
http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?showtopic=104&st=0&#entry128
------------------
What do you think?
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by sinaj(f): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2017
There is nothing wrong with it. It depends on the kinda mum you have tho.
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by klassykute(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2017
Its a two way tin . U can if ur mom is not a pro in tribalism, u can if ur at d right age to av a bf in Africa..

My advice on d first few days tell you mom he is ur friend .. see her reaction first
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 15, 2017
And what if you guys break up that means you will introduce another guy. you will waste your mothers time by making her meet new guys.
only introduce a guy to your mother when he has asked you to marry him.
introducing a mere boyfriend is a waste of your mother's time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 9:39am On Aug 15, 2017
Evaberry:
And what if you guys break up that means you will introduce another guy. you will waste your mothers time by making her meet new guys.
only introduce a guy to your mother when he has asked you to marry him.
introducing a mere boyfriend is a waste of your mother's time.
You are very very correct... I see you are now happy ...good development
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 15, 2017
sinaj:
There is nothing wrong with it. It depends on the kinda mum you have tho.
You have a point.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 15, 2017
klassykute:
Its a two way tin . U can if ur mom is not a pro in tribalism, u can if ur at d right age to av a bf in Africa..

My advice on d first few days tell you mom he is ur friend .. see her reaction first
Martin0:

You are very very correct...
I see you are now happy ...good development
Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, your view are worth reading abeg.
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2017
Askance:
. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, your view are worth reading abeg.
Na wa for op ooo.. When you are in Rome you act like Roman's When you are in nigeria you act like nigerian's..
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2017
Askance:

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, your view are worth reading abeg.

Man fit carry his girlfriend I mean girlfriend home and introduce,no chills over that,his parents won't find it offensive sha..

But when a girl do same hmmmm it will be viewed from another angle,especially if the parents act like real nigerian's..

But all thesame sha,it all depends on the type of parents..

And again that does not guarantee anything ooo remember
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2017
Martin0:

Na wa for op ooo..
When you are in Rome you act like Roman's
When you are in nigeria you act like nigerian's..
we have a second Aristotle here.
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2017
It also depends on mentality
Martin0:

Man fit carry his girlfriend I mean girlfriend home and introduce,no chills over that,his parents won't find it offensive sha..

But when a girl do same hmmmm it will be viewed from another angle,especially if the parents act like real nigerian's..

But all thesame sha,it all depends on the type of parents..

And again that does not guarantee anything ooo remember
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 10:17am On Aug 15, 2017
Askance:
we have a second Aristotle here.
Na u sabi oo..
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 10:18am On Aug 15, 2017
Askance:
It also depends on mentality .
yeah by me saying it depends on the kind of parents cover's mentality
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2017
True.
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 15, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Richy4(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
At what age is she bringing a boy home?...I can't imagine a 19yr old girl bringing a boy to my house as the boy friend..when she was supposed to be doing her algebra or elasticity of demand smiley
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Rosarie(f): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
has he introduced u to his family? how serious is he.my dear never introduces anybody u 're not asure of the relationship
what if u break up.is that how u will be bringing different men to her.forget age.is the degree of the seriousness of the relationship that determines.
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
There is sth about this post of yours that sounds like my mum's voice
Rosarie:
has he introduced u to his family? how serious is he.my dear never introduces anybody u 're not asure of the relationship
what if u break up.is that how u will be bringing different men to her.forget age.is the degree of the seriousness of the relationship that determines.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Personally, I don't introduce boyfriends to my parents and I make sure I don't meet theirs too 'cause I can't tell the life span of such relationships. Question one should ask herself is; how many will you introduce when you can't predict what would happen next?. I think that should be done in a fiance/fiancee sorta relationship.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
Benita27:
Personally, I don't introduce boyfriends to my parents and I make sure I don't meet theirs too 'cause I can't tell the life span of such relationships. Question one should ask herself is; how many will you introduce when you can't predict what would happen next?. I think that should be done in a fiance/fiancee sorta relationship.

Hia I nor dey understand una oooo do we have boyfriends or girlfriends in differ meaning
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
Benita27:

Is it lover or boyfriends which one,op u need to come ooo me don dey confused ooo
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
Martin0:

Is it lover or boyfriends which one,op u need to come ooo me don dey confused ooo
Martin0:

Hia I nor dey understand una oooo do we have boyfriends or girlfriends in differ meaning
She said boyfriend. There's difference between boyfriend and fiance.
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
Benita27:

Eh eh boyfriend ok I see,if it just a boy that's is a friend to her no crime there..
But if the boyfriend she's talking about is above that no need for introduction coz u can't predict the relationship btw them..
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Martin0(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
Benita27:

Like u said there is differ btw
Boyfriend & fiance

A boyfriend is a boy that is a friend to a girl simple..
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Rosarie(f): 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin
Askance:
angry
Askance:
Re: Is It A Good Thing To Introduce My Boyfriend To My Mom? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lol

(1) (Reply)

They Met At Mumbai Clinic To Change Gender. Marriage, Baby Next / What To Get Mom For Christmas ~ Best Gifts For Mom / It's Dangerous To Be Full Housewives, NGO Tells Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.