Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:59 PM

The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend (1306 Views)

Some Bitter Truths Every Man Must Make Peace With / Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend / Today, I Made Peace With Myself And No Longer See Saggy Boobs As Disgusting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by talebearer123: 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2017
I did my HND at the Polytechnic Ibadan in the 90s . I used to be a cute handsome young man. Nothing special cos beauty runs in my family. Tall dark and handsome. But I grew up with a Christian background and so I wasnt an expert when it comes to the matter of ladies. I have had ladies tell me face to face they liked me a lot of times but the way I was brought up didnt allow me to be in many relationships. It was a girl at a time and I take my time before making a move to date.

I mostly ate at canteens on the campus so this particular night around 7pm I went to eat at a canteen at Abe igi area on the campus. The only lady I met was a light complexion extremely skinny beautiful lady. I said Hi and went straight to a table some feet away from her. I asked to be served and started eating. As I ate from the conner of my eyes I discorvered this lady was staring at me as she ate. She happened to be my type of woman and within seconds my mind was already deciding to talk to her without my permision. grin
She finished eating, stood up and was leaving. I started eating in a rush and within minutes I finished also and quickly paid. I went after her and the very moment I said Hi she looked back and stopped and I doubled up to catched up with her we started chatting and there and then she took me to her room. I sat for a while and decided to leave cause it was getting late. Seeing me off she told me she has a boyfriend and that he is not in the country at the time. We ended up becoming friends. She was found of me and likewise I of her. But I used to feel I was not welcome by her room mate whom she called her cousin. She was always cold towards me. I later suspected she prefered the other guy to me cos he was generous to her. The guy has finished from the campus and now shuttled between uk nd naija. What he does for a living I dont know.

One evening I went on visit as usual and we were chatting and joking like we used to do when a guy came in. I was going tru her pictures and I said hi and the guy replied. The guy sat for some minutes and stood up "Tinu" he called her ( thats her real name) and asked to see her in private they went to the corridor and were talking after about five minutes of sitting down alone I stood up and announced my going and she said good night wen I walked pass them.
The third day in the evening I was there and not long that i arrived the same guy came in and this time was furious I greeted him and he managed to anwered he was talking to Tinu but she was kind of cold fonddling with her teddy bear.He gripped her hand suddenly and dragged her out. And they started shouting at each other on the hostel veranda. Immediately I stood up and left knowing so well I was the reason of their quarell. That night without being told I knew that must be the guy Tinu told me about. So I told myself I needed to thread with caution so for like 3 days I did not go to the ladies hostel having it in mind to hear what exactly the problem was when next we meet.

The fouth or fifth day or there about I was at the quaters ( I stayed at the quaters on the campus not the hostel) I was taking shower when I heard someone weeping I peeped through the key hole and discorvered it was Tinu. She kept sobbing profusely. She knocked on my door and I told her I was coming. I quickly finished up and went to open the door for her. " What happen" I kept asking as she sobbed and at last she talked. " I told you I have a boyfriend. I told you I have a boy friend. "
" He came with his friends and started beating me. They know you name your department everything about you." Who are they? I asked myself.
She was sobbing profusely and I pittied her as I hate seeing tears on ppl especially Adults and as I was pittying her I was pittying myself because Poly Ibadan was like a Den of Cult guy at that time grin Ppl got killed almost on weekly basis.

I asked her if she wanted us to continue our friendship or not She didnt answer " Do you still love this guy " I asked and she didnt answer all she was doing was sobbing.

" Ok where is he? " She said Abe igi (Abe igi was a relaxation spot at that time especially the hard guys) and I said let me dress up and I did and followed her out. when we got to Abe igi I told her to go to her room.
She pointed the guy to me before she left and I went straight to meet him He was in a circle of guys and those yould call hard guys of the campus.I stood some meters away and I called him "Remi" ! (Real name) he turned and I said pleas can I see you? He turned back and started talking again with his gang. I called him again and he came reluctantly with a face like that of
a hardened criminal he said "What" I said can I talk to you with all calmness. That calmness could only have come from above because it was obvious the guys he was chatting with were Cult ppl. And fir them to have beaten up the lady definately the they would want to deal with the trespasser too grin

So we moved away from the circle and I started with "Tinu came crying to my room she said you beat her" and he said " hen hen whats your problem if I beat her" and with a smile at the corner of my face I said "Please dont beat her again it was my fault." He looked me in the face like "Is this one ok? " grin and I repeated myself "It was my fault she told me the very first day we met that she has a boyfriend but I took it to be one of those things ladies say wen approached by a guy" I would appreciate it if you dont beat her again. and Im saying Im no more seeing her thanks" He looked me straight in the eyes and managed to smile he made the first move for a hand shake abd we shook hands and we parted . And since that day I stopped seeing Tinu for her safety and mine.

I later learned that Remi was a student of the campus he was a hard guy as a student and so when he was leaving he told his gang to watch his girlfriend for him. When I came into the scene I have been watched and traile and the guys got my name my department and probably where I stayed.

About two months later of not seeing her at all I met her room mate and asked after her and I was told she has left the School and for what reason I dont know she never completed her ND.

Years after when we met and she said she broke up with the guy shotly after the whole inccident.

Till date I use to wonder if what I did was the right step to take in such situation.

But Right or wrong I thank God I still live to share this. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by eezeribe(m): 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
Some people here were not born when it happened... But all I can say is... I thank God for your life.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by whugo(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by optional1(f): 2:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
who read this please Help me and summarize Cos ayam not good in reading.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by optional1(f): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
eezeribe:
Some people here were not born when it happened... But all I can say is... I thank God for your life.

biko summarize for me

1 Like

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by Khodorkovsky(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
Nice.
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by talebearer123: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
eezeribe:

Thanks bro.
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by funstufz(m): 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hmmm...

Nice tale you lived to tell, others have gone...

Days of 'Abe-igi' for The Poly...

Only the marked are not saved...

I rise...
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
optional1:
who read this please
Help me and summarize
Cos ayam not good in reading.

OP like girl, girl like OP, girl date americana cultist, OP still like girl, americana boyfriend come back, OP present in girl house, Americana boyfriend vex, fear catch OP, OP leave girl house, Americana boyfriend and friends almost use blow to kee girl, girl cry to OP, OP liver cut, OP wan run but he needs to form 007, Op confronts americana boyfriend, americana boyfriend pity OP, girl go another school, OP is still alive. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by sybarite7(m): 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
OP WHAT IF SHE TOLD YOU ,SHE WANTED A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU WOULD U HAVE AGREED? COS E BE LIKE SAY NA because HER BF NA BAD GUY THATS WHY U GO FOR PEACE TALK.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by Divay22(f): 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
That was the best step o...
When evil is coming, you try your possible best to avoid it..
Tales from the moon light.
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by Draei: 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
I don't read long bullshiiiit...Neeeeexxxxxt!
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by Divay22(f): 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

OP like girl, girl like OP, girl date americana cultist, OP still like girl, americana boyfriend come back, OP present in girl house, Americana boyfriend vex, fear catch OP, OP leave girl house, Americana boyfriend and friends almost use blow to kee girl, girl cry to OP, OP liver cut, OP wan run but he needs to form 007, Op confronts americana boyfriend, americana boyfriend pity OP, girl go another school, OP is still alive. grin
grin grin grin grin
OP appeared 12 times

1 Like

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin

U need a hardbound for this..Very long story...

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
Divay22:

grin grin grin grin
OP appeared 12 times
grin grin grin He's the actor na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by optional1(f): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

hahahah
lolz grin cheesy

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by optional1(f): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
Divay22:
grin grin grin grin OP appeared 12 times

thats why is called summary and OP is thanking God.
Lolz

1 Like

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
optional1:

hahahah
lolz grin cheesy

I hope with these few points of mine, you now understand the OP's story? grin
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by youngfocus(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

Lol, guy u too funny
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
youngfocus:

Lol, guy u too funny

Lol, lady wink
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by tukdi: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

grincheesygrincheesygrin
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by talebearer123: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
funstufz:
Hmmm...

Nice tale you lived to tell, others have gone...

Days of 'Abe-igi' for The Poly...

Only the marked are not saved...

I rise...

grin U surely kno wot Im talking about. 94/96 so baad
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by talebearer123: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

grin I lauf and almost pee for sokoto you are sickly funny
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
talebearer123:

grin I lauf and almost pee for sokoto you are sickly funny

Loool
Nice story tho
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by optional1(f): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

I hope with these few points of mine, you now understand the OP's story? grin

lolz,

with your points i am able to understand the op's story...

Thank you ma..
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by talebearer123: 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
sybarite7:
OP
WHAT IF SHE TOLD YOU ,SHE WANTED A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU WOULD U HAVE AGREED?
COS E BE LIKE SAY NA because HER BF NA BAD GUY THATS WHY U GO FOR PEACE TALK.

Na God say make she no talk Yes or No. I just take style kuku take her crying for " I want to continue with him" I for wan form 007 like one comedian commented. And who knows where woman toto for don land person by now.
grin
Thanks to God for her silence

1 Like

Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by talebearer123: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

U need a hardbound for this..Very long story...

Na as e happen. Cutting it short wld av not driven the point home tnx
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by uniqueflash(m): 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
optional1:
who read this please Help me and summarize Cos ayam not good in reading.
bt u ll want to write for others read
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by sybarite7(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
talebearer123:

Na God say make she no talk Yes or No. I just take style kuku take her crying for " I want to continue with him" I for wan form 007 like one comedian commented. And who knows where woman toto for don land person by now.
grin
Thanks to God for her silence
BAD TIN NOR GO BE UR PORTION LOL

TRUST NAIRALANDERS ,DEM GO EVEN TAG UR ENEMY CULTIST IF D NEWS REACH HERE.

I JUST IMAGINE IF TO SAY THE GUY COM BLOCK U WITH HE SQUAD,HW U GO TAKE DEY BEG AM ,HW UR EXPLANATION GO EVEN BE.
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by talebearer123: 2:54am On Aug 16, 2017
sybarite7:

BAD TIN NOR GO BE UR PORTION LOL

TRUST NAIRALANDERS ,DEM GO EVEN TAG UR ENEMY CULTIST IF D NEWS REACH HERE.

I JUST IMAGINE IF TO SAY THE GUY COM BLOCK U WITH HE SQUAD,HW U GO TAKE DEY BEG AM ,HW UR EXPLANATION GO EVEN BE.

Like seriouly all na arrangement of God o. How I for do grin the only medicine I know be panadol. I go just knee down infront of the whole crowd passing dey beg them to beg Commando for me. grin its so freeking funny.
Re: The Day I Made Peace With A Rival Over A Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2017
E long.

(1) (Reply)

Am Back From A Ban / Angry Step Mom Puts 5-year Old Stepdaughter In Hot Water For Bed Wetting / I Have Ordered For My Own Doll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.