Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,889 members, 7,872,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

Dujkovic Peeved By Link With Super Eagles Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dujkovic Peeved By Link With Super Eagles Job (623 Views)

Alex Iwobi Now Fit, Trains With Super Eagles / Brazil Back Out Of Friendly With Super Eagles / My Pictures With Super Eagles just before finals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dujkovic Peeved By Link With Super Eagles Job by FBS: 10:38am On Feb 16, 2010
Dujkovic Peeved by Link with Super Eagles Job

Former Ghana coach and present manager of the Serbian Under-21 national team Ratomir Dujkovic has ruled out any possibility of taking up the vacant Nigerian position. Speaking to Football 365.co.za, the Serbian denied rumours linking him to the top post and insisted that talk of him fulfilling the role is nothing but media speculation.

"I am surprised at the way things are going," he said. "Every day people keep calling to tell me I have been shortlisted for a position I am not interested in. As far as I am concerned, I have not spoken to anybody regarding this job."
"I am not happy at all. These rumuors put unnecessary pressure on me, my family and almost everybody around me. I am not interested in the job," he said.

He explains that his role with the Football Association of Serbia precludes him from taking up any other post.
"I have an existing contract with the Serbian Under-21s which does not allow me to talk to any other national team or football association," he added. The 63-year-old also reiterated his commitment to helping Serbia maintain its position as one of Europe's best sides,

"At the moment, I am committed to building a very competitive youth team which can take on the rest of the world in the near future. We are gradually emerging as a force to reckon with in Europe. If that is to be maintained, then we have to get a backlog of equally good materials to supplement the efforts of the likes of Nemanja Vidic and company," he said.
Until his recent appointment as the coach of the Under-21s, Dujkovic had stints with Rwanda, China and Ghana whom he guided to the World Cup in 2006.

He becomes the fourth coach to rule himself out of the vacant Super Eagles job after Egypt's Hassan Shehata and Bayern Munich boss Louis van Gaal said that they weren't interested in the vacancy. Just on Sunday Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni also snubbed the job, insisting he was going to honour the remaining two year of his contract.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=166574

(1) (Reply)

Nff: Why We Approved Hampshire Hotel / How Do You Rate Nigeria Vs Colombia? 23 List Final / Utaka, Lukman And Adeleye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.