Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

There's Nothing Love Cannot Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There's Nothing Love Cannot Do (367 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There's Nothing Love Cannot Do by Figoinc(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
#MarriageAndRelationship

THERE'S NOTHING LOVE CANNOT DO

I'm sure we all are not ignorant of the argument these days surrounding the roles of a man and a woman in marriage. Calistus says, "I will never have anything to do with cooking or any form of domestic chore when am married. My responsibility is simply to provide, and that's all." Ngozi, a career lady, says, "I am working, he's working, why should I be the only one to do the cooking and domestic chores around the house? After all, my money is also entering into the family's expenses. We must share all the responsibilities, otherwise..." The argument is hot, don't let us even start. You know it all.

Now, my question is, where did all that argument emanate from? Did it come from a place of competition? Did it come from a place of equality? What is the basis for the argument, and where are we drawing our conclusions from and where are we going with it? And more importantly, which is obviously the reason for this article, where is love in all of that? And if I may add, where is God in all of it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not interested in any form of argument, neither do I have any intention of stirring up any. I come in peace, and my aim is to bring a solution if it might by any means help our homes.

There's absolutely nothing love cannot do. God tried reconciling the world back to Himself with all the strategies in His arsenal, but nothing worked until He used love. Love brought the King of kings down to earth to walk like an ordinary man. Love caused the Creator of all things, a personality beyond mortality, to die like a mere animal—a death common to all. Only love could have pulled that stunt on that cross that Jesus died—only love could have done it. Ladies and gentlemen, there is no force on earth that is greater than the force of love. If you are a Christian, I assume you know that already.

On that love foundation my brothers and sisters is the foundation of all marriages based. Why then do we have all the arguments in our marriages today? Because we've taken our eyes away from the cross, away from the foundation, away from His word, away from the beginning, away from love!

Love isn't careful about gender inequality. If love turned God into a man, then love can turn a man into a woman. If love made God switch roles from being God to being a man because it was necessary, then a man can do what a woman is "supposed to do" when it's necessary—and of course, a woman can do what a man is "supposed to do" when it is necessary. To stretch it even further, if love could "kill" God, then we can die to self that the marriage may progress. Necessity, they say, is the mother of invention; if it is necessary, don't argue, instead invent yourself and move on!

In the end, God is still God today, man still remains a man, and they all function well in their capacities. Be comfortable with who you've been created to be, let the word of God be the basis for every decision that you take concerning your marriage. This new world philosophies won't take your marriage anywhere. It's the same old rugged cross that brings men salvation today. In the same vein, that ancient love, the unconditional love, is what you need for a successful marriage.

In the words of Paul the Apostle as inspired by the Holy Spirit, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." This kind of love can do anything, and it is this love that I recommend to you today.

I hope you accept it, I hope you put it to work for you, and I seriously hope it ends all the arguments.

Fan your thoughts into flames and let the world feel the heat.

Effiong Edentekhe,

The Word Carpenter™

PS: You can follow this author on Facebook at Effiong Edentekhe for more of his Word Carpentry.

PPS: Check out OUR OTHER AMAZING RELATIONSHIP POSTS by THE SAME AUTHOR. THEY ARE ALL A MUST READ! You will be WOWED! And it's a promise, YOUR RELATIONSHIPS WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME AGAIN.

Simply click on this link: www.facebook.com/WinningYouthsInc

(1) (Reply)

How To Be A Super-mom / Want To Start Your Agribusiness Venture (poultry) / Get Awoof Discounts On All Products You Buy Click Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.