Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,197 members, 7,928,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:24 PM

AAU Embatks On Nationwide Strike Alongside Other Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AAU Embatks On Nationwide Strike Alongside Other Universities (390 Views)

Malam U.C. Aliu: AAU Lecturer Beats University Students Mercilessly / Transferring To IMSU From Other Universities / ASUU Suspends Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AAU Embatks On Nationwide Strike Alongside Other Universities by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
*FULL DETAILS OF TODAY ASUU AAU CHAPTER CONGRESS MEETING*

The Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) conducted an internal Congress and it was made known that 98% of union staff voted for indefinite strike while 2% voted against the strike

The chairman ASUU AAU CHAPTER PROF MONDAY ​Igbafen said thus

_There is no waiver for anybody. The national president said it all. We want to use the strike to make the government responsible because the government we understand is not responsible.”​_

.I took my time to gather some fact from lecturers who attended the meeting
While speaking with a woman (Name withheld) she said

i will strongly advise you as my child to go home and start reading and if you have not paid your school fee try and make ends meet because nobody knows when the strike will be called off because ASUU are not going to shift ground unlike 2013

I decided to ask if the management will allow student remain in the hostel

she said well that is for the school to decide but to my knowledge they should provided no illegal act takes place

STUDENT REACTION

speaking with a 200L computer science student he said

This strike is to my favour because I don't know what I would have done if exam should commence as scheduled"

Another 400L said

we started with strike and we are ending with strike...God knows best

Meanwhile the FG are saying as it stand no money to meet the demand of ASUU as the country is experiencing recession

I remain Thompson Jotham
+2348132759775

(1) (Reply)

Help A Brother With Info About Masters In UNIZIK / FUNAAB Admission Screening/post UTME Form Details / Did You Choos University Of Ibadan , And You Are In Ibadan . Let Study Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.