Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:17 AM

Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu (1215 Views)

Supreme Court: Celebration In Imo As Uzodinma Is Declared Winner / 15 Die As Suicide Bombers Attack Konduga Community In Borno State / Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by greenandy: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
Eight people were said to have sustained various degrees of injuries and 30 escaped in a clash with angry youths during a demolition exercise in Orlu town, Imo state. Narrating the story, yesterday, to Vanguard in Owerri, the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Rochas Okorocha on Mayoral Affairs, Mr Emeka Osuorji, led the team of government officials on the demolition exercise.

According to Osuorji, he decided to retreat with his men when the angered youths poured fuel on their vehicles and on themselves. He added that the ugly incident took place at Owus Avenue by Amigbo road in the area, and that they could be on a suicide mission.

The government official said: ” For the past one month there has been announcement for the inhabitants of Orlu city to remove the shanties, containers and illegal structures on the major streets in Orlu town. “But It was an ugly situation, when myself and my men and some security agents, went on the removal of the shanties and illegal structures. “At first it was first peaceful while we were removing the shanties, half way into the action, some youths mobilized themselves, few of them we have identified. They attacked me and my men. “Two out of the youths poured petrol on themselves and on our vehicles, in my decent manner of carrying out my duties I sensed the situation was getting real bad, I called my men and all the security men and we retreated to my office. “That one did not deter them they still came after us and came to our office but they did not gain entrance into our office.

I am not going to shy away what happened because it was a lesson. “However, Eight of my staff were seriously injured, their phones were stolen, monies were stolen but nobody died.” He alleged that, “The people at Owus by Amigbo road, that is where we met this resistance. From what I got the youths who collect money from these illegal structures carried out this attack.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/8-injured-30-escaped-mob-attack-imo/

cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove, Fynestboi, MissyB3
Re: Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by Josephjnr(m): 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
Has it come to that?
Re: Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by Amah70: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
Veiled attack on Governor. Rochas Okorocha started committing political suicide right from Orlu senatorial zone he abandoned.
Re: Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by Sagay212: 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
Don't look further...the ogbunigwe criminal warriors are behind this. They attack and steal from people just to have money to donate to their jobless kiing of pigs... they will sonn be arrested and disgraced.

Re: Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by 9jvirgin(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
lol
Re: Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by millionaireman: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
Okorocha govt hates Orlu like piece of shit, and it gives him joy.

A governor that boasts on the streets of Owerri that he is doing nearly all his development projects in the state capital.

Except the 5km total road dualized in Orlu and placed street lamps on them, and a school of hygiene, nothing else in 6+ years in Orlu from Okorocha govt..
Re: Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by conductor1010: 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sagay212:
Don't look further...the ogbunigwe criminal warriors are behind this. They attack and steal from people just to have money to donate to their jobless kiing of pigs... they will sonn be arrested and disgraced.
Try to pretend that you're wise sometimes wink

1 Like

Re: Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by SlayerForever: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
For them to pour the fuel on themselves shows that they are highly aggrieved. It's evident they have been neglected by Rochas.

Meanwhile,the guy above me is savage.

4 Likes

Re: Many Injured In Imo As "Suicide Mission" Attack Gov. Okorocha's Mayor Of Orlu by Sagay212: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
conductor1010:

Try to pretend that you're wise sometimes wink

Are you scared I'm trying to expose your fellow ipods?

(1) (Reply)

Apc/pdp Is Not Mandated To Restructure Nigeria, Secession Is Unconstitutional! / Fayose Releases Petrol In Govt Fuel Dump To The Public / NUT Release List Of States Owing Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.