Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) (31496 Views)

FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / Re: FG plans to introduce minimum of N350,000 tuition in varsities –ASUU / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by casspersteve: 7:47am On Aug 17, 2017
i saw this coming delsu and oou have done their post ume
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by mikejj(m): 7:48am On Aug 17, 2017
grin financial women b that pop.time to chop d peoples money by d universities

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by DRPAIT123(m): 7:50am On Aug 17, 2017
Tolexander:
Why won't the federal lift the ban on postutme organized by the universities?

Since the minister knows that the fee paid by the postutme candidates of the federal government institutions will be paid into the TSA, which the federal government will definitely know about. Unlike then, when the federal government doesn't have the idea of the total income realised from the screening exercise.

Professor Ishaq Oloyede remitting the 5billion naira to the federal government coffer has widened the eyes of the FG that revenue can also be generated through postutme.
I think this opinion of yours about the issue on ground is quite irrational and biased,I Dont mean it as an issult,there is no way on earth FG or JAMB can have any penny from the money that Unis will realise if they conduct PJ...its just my Opinion though

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by famzing(m): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2017
I smell foul play.

This is what the schools were demanding for because they no longer milk the innocent children seeking admission.

Now I know the main reason for there strike, finally the so called government has granted there wish.......

My fellow jamb bite we are left to bear the broth.
This country don tire me.

3 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by jericco1(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2017
Nice one
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by mechanics(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2017
abba, 200 million, I don't think is true
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Tolexander: 7:58am On Aug 17, 2017
DRPAIT123:
I think this opinion of yours about the issue on ground is quite irrational and biased,I Dont mean it as an issult,there is no way on earth FG or JAMB can have any penny from the money that Unis will realise if they conduct PJ...its just my Opinion though
I never mentioned JAMB having any penny from the postutme.

All revenues made by the Federal government institutions are going into the TSA.

Who owns the TSA?

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by famzing(m): 8:02am On Aug 17, 2017
DRPAIT123:
ASUU strike.

This what they have been clamoring for, to milk the innocent student.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by chinnan(m): 8:04am On Aug 17, 2017
thats good
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 17, 2017
SOME STUDENT NO GO LIKE THIS MOVE O.
WHAT ABOUT THE DIRECT ENTRY STUDENT. WHAT WILL THEY WRITE? SAME POST UTME?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Ikwerreboy(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2017
Tolexander:
Why won't the federal lift the ban on postutme organized by the universities?

Since the minister knows that the fee paid by the postutme candidates of the federal government institutions will be paid into the TSA, which the federal government will definitely know about. Unlike then, when the federal government doesn't have the idea of the total income realised from the screening exercise.

Professor Ishaq Oloyede remitting the 5billion naira to the federal government coffer has widened the eyes of the FG that revenue can also be generated through postutme.

Shut up no money going into the TSA.

The minister and ASUU chairmo wants there own share from all the sales of post ume in all Nigerian universities under ASUU.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:10am On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeria is a shame and a disgrace to the entire black race. Anybody who claims the black man cannot govern himself should look to Nigeria as an example that validates his claim.

There is so much nonsense in this article that I want to puke; Nigeria will never advance so long as we have dunc.es in positions of authority.

The Federal Government is scrapping the post UTME certainly under pressure from the lecturers unions acting on behalf of the VC's. Only in Nigeria does a student write three (!) examinations to gain admission into a substandard educational institution. In the USA you write the SAT or ACT equivalent, in the UK GCSE (or equivalent), in France Baccalaureat, in China the Gaokao, Japan SBMPTN, in Germany Abitur, Korea CSAT, Spain Selectividad, Mexico ENEM. In all these countries a student needs to write one exam. One.
In Nigeria a student is subjected to the ordeal of WAEC (NECO)/JAMB(UTME)/POST UTME why ? Three hurdles to clear, at great expense to the student. What exactly are these people being tested for ? If the UTME is not a sufficient test, then it should be scrapped. If WAEC or NECO does not do the job of grading a students intellectual capacity for higher education, we must do away with it. Three exams testing the same parameters is the sort of id.io.cy only a Nigerian administrator can dream up.

The minister claims in the article that he is now "wiser". We should seriously dispute that because this does not seem like wisdom. Does this mean that when he made the initial directive he did not know what he was doing ?

Finally, the government goons keep applauding one Ishaq Oloyede for remitting 5 billion naira into government coffers; they overlook the fact that he conducted the worst JAMB registration in recorded history, they are unconcerned with the academic standards of the exam meant to prepare students for higher education, they fail to follow up logically on the consequences of their argument, and call for an audit of past administers of JAMB to ascertain if there has been financial malfeasance.

No. Its all about the money,money, money. How much money government can make, how much money the universities can make, how much money can be legally extorted from the candidates.

What a shame and disgrace is Nigeria, and to think this is happening under an acting president who is a professor.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by adeleye003(m): 8:12am On Aug 17, 2017
callydon:

He said: “Since JAMB was established more than 40 years ago, the total amount it has given government was N200 million, but in one year, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede has remitted N5 billion to government.

“The new JAMB registrar has been correcting many anomalies in the board. Within a year, he has been able to stop all the untold things that were happening there.

Source: http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2017/08/fg-lifts-ban-on-post-utme-screening-by.html

am I the only one that thinks Prof Ojerinde has been eating jamb's funds all these years
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by DRPAIT123(m): 8:14am On Aug 17, 2017
Tolexander:
I never mentioned JAMB having any penny from the postutme.

All revenues made by the Federal government institutions are going into the TSA.

Who owns the TSA?
the bales realised from PJ ain't going into any TSA,its basically meant for the development of the schools....am quite sure of this
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by DRPAIT123(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2017
famzing:
ASUU strike.

This what they have been clamoring for, to milk the innocent student.
Sorry,I Dont get you...or did you typed in the wrong section?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Oluwadara419(m): 8:36am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:
Which kind of rubbish is this
How do they expect someone to starr covering up now
Ididot pple, they said no post ume b4 now they have brought ut back

Look at this one. I am sure he is one of those who must have pulled the chain to get his O'level, and also went extral mile to get 250+ in JAMB. Simple sentence you can't construct and you want to be a graduate too. Now, justice has caught up with you.

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Dannyfan(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeria is just a place for the educated fools, where government talk or implement nonsense and we kept watching and leaving them for God to interve, bunch of fools. I sometimes thing the minister of education is educated/Godly and not a politician and now he is doing every accordance to the directive of the presidential, Nigertia will not develop if we the educated one cant talk, we are just going to have Hnd, Bsc, Msc and Phd for incapativity slavery done by the so call Nigeria smart politican

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by chukwukapromise(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2017
Exactly What Should Have Been Done!..Nice One, So All this Student Getting 192 But A1 Parrallel will Really Be Tried If They Got The Guts To Stand As A University Material.. Reducing The Relevance Of Waec/SSCE Is Just A Great observation By The Ministry Of Education.. Now Your Jamb Score And Post-Utme Scores Counts.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Dannyfan(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeria is just a place for the educated fools, where government talk or implement nonsense and we kept watching and leaving them for God to interve, bunch of fools. I sometimes thing the minister of education is educated/Godly and not a politician and now he is doing every accordance to the directive of the presidential, Nigertia will not develop if we the educated one cant talk, we are just going to have Hnd, Bsc, Msc and Phd for incapativity slavery done by the so call Nigeria smart politican.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2017
When I needed it most, they took it away and now when it of no use to me, Post utme is now back. it's a good thing though.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:
Which kind of rubbish is this
How do they expect someone to starr covering up now
Ididot pple, they said no post ume b4 now they have brought ut back

Youngman, i advice you to sit back and start reading your books now before is too late. many a people was looking for the opportunity to write post utme last year but no means. count yourself a lucky man.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 17, 2017
Oluwadara419:

Look at this one. I am sure he is one of those who must have pulled the chain to get his O'level, and also went extral mile to get 250+ in JAMB,. Simple sentence you can't construct and you want to be a graduate too. Now, justice has caught up with you.

If u had a brain, u would know about auto correct and keypad errors
I didnt score 250 as u claim,235 actually didnt runz my waec
Buh before registering for jamb we had d mindset that postume had been scrapped, some have abandoned their notes to focus on their various sources of livelihood pending announcement of screening exercise, only to be told postume is back how do we catchup
Dont be in a hurry to make yourself seem like a fool to everyone

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 17, 2017
macduffrx:

Youngman, i advice you to sit back and start reading your books now before is too late. many a people was looking for the opportunity to write post utme last year but no means. count yourself a lucky man.

A better, matured and dignified reply

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by KingRexUb(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2017
i see dis as a kind of bribe so dat ASSU will suspend their strike.... ASSU No gree

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:

A better, matured and dignified reply
Thanks

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by abbeyty(m): 8:59am On Aug 17, 2017
Why must students have to pay for this screening thing? this shows they are not doing it for the sake of admitting the brilliant students but only for the money they get from it. What are we even benefitting from this country as citizens ?

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:

Buh before registering for jamb we had d mindset that postume had been scrapped, some have abandoned their notes to focus on their various sources of livelihood pending announcement of screening exercise, only to be told postume is back how do we catchup

yes, you have a point. many had neglected their school of choice and course due to too much importance and relevance given to O' level by the FG, they now choose a very low competitive to make up their admission.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by NevetsIbot(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2017
Emzyme:

Bro.. now imagine those smart ones who scored horribly low this year and because p.ume has been scrapped went to change course to a far lesser course just to secure admission.

how will they feel knowing that post ume has been restored when you can't change your edited choice of course again. Is this not wickedness and stupidity

why would these people keep toying with everything the dull ones get the admission... the smart ones flop.

akugba didn't get me In for law last year but I saw more than ten people who we're like 7 marks below my point resume for the same law. last year!!!! even one of the dullards in my class back in 2013 got in and the guy still knows noting but yahho and girls!!

another friend beat Akugbas cut off by over 8points in 2014... the y denied him law cost he was probably igbo...

naija.. which way??

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Jman06(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2017
Good development. The set of students admitted last year in most universities were not as smart as those that were admitted in the previous years via post-UTME. This was reflected in their performances in year one semester exams.

Post-UTME helps to separate the men from the boys and the real ladies from the slay queens.

4 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 17, 2017
This has confirmed the news we posted about 4 days ago.

https://lagschools.com/unilag
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by RobinHez(m): 9:25am On Aug 17, 2017
able88:
The bane of corruption in Nigeria is dominant in Education sector after public office.

No doubt, their chance to continue stealing from undergraduates granted to them once more.

What the hell is "acceptance fee"?

The fee you pay to accept the admission you were given. It ranges between 40-70k from the few Uni's I know about grin

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 17, 2017
NevetsIbot:

Bro.. now imagine those smart ones who scored horribly low this year and because p.ume has been scrapped went to change course to a far lesser course just to secure admission.

how will they feel knowing that post ume has been restored when you can't change your edited choice of course again. Is this not wickedness and stupidity

why would these people keep toying with everything the dull ones get the admission... the smart ones flop.

akugba didn't get me In for law last year but I saw more than ten people who we're like 7 marks below my point resume for the same law. last year!!!! even one of the dullards in my class back in 2013 got in and the guy still knows noting but yahho and girls!!

another friend beat Akugbas cut off by over 8points in 2014... the y denied him law cost he was probably igbo...

naija.. which way??

You mean AAUA?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Postgraduate Forms On Sale. / OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos / How To Score Very High In JAMB/UTME Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.