Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:02 PM

‘I Will Surpass The Standard Of MI, Jesse Jagz & Ice Prince’ – Ckay - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘I Will Surpass The Standard Of MI, Jesse Jagz & Ice Prince’ – Ckay (381 Views)

Funny Throwback Photo Of MI, Iceprince And Jesse Jagz Together / M.I Vs Vector: Jesse Jagz Tweets For The First Time In Months / Jesse Jagz: I Don’t Listen To Other People’s Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Will Surpass The Standard Of MI, Jesse Jagz & Ice Prince’ – Ckay by magazineguy(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2017
Chocolate City has become known for its successes at nurturing and guiding music talents to climb the big stage of the music industry. Some of the biggest names in the music industry today are mentioned with reference to the brand that gave them the platform to share their talents with the world, the brand whose style of recruitment and development of music talents has been justified again and again.

This brand recently introduced a new generation of future music superstars to the Nigerian audience, and as expected, the climb to the zenith of the music industry started almost instantly for these artistes. One of such artistes is Ckay, another soldier of destiny, who left the far East to Lagos, to pursue his dream of becoming a music superstar. Ckay comes in a mould of a multi-talented individual whose singing ability is complimented with his ability to produce songs, with these and the resources he hopes to gather along the way, he believes he would be another success story for Chocolate City and personally, he believes he would be sharing spaces in the clouds with other music superstars in the near future.

Ckay discussed his childhood, his music and his targets in an interview. Excerpts from the interview:

Tell us about yourself

I am Chukwuka Ekeani aka Ckay. I’m a native of Anambra, I was born in Kaduna. I started singing since I was like 4. I started playing the piano at 7. I started producing at 12 -13 and writing music started for me at that time too. I started music officially, in Lagos, in 2014. So, there are many dates in there.

Do you think you can meet the standard that M.I, Jesse Jagz and Ice Prince have set?

Yeah we can meet the standard and beat it. Let me go the bible, it says that the glory of the latter shall be greater than that of the former. It is only right and it is what they want too, that we do more than what they did. For instance, Tuface, D’banj took it to some point and the next generation took it further. D’banj got signed to Kanye West’s record label; Wizkid is taking it even further. So, the next generation always takes it further. I believe we can do take it further.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/surpass-mi-jesse-jagz-ice-ckay/

cc
lalasticala, fynestboi, dominique

Re: ‘I Will Surpass The Standard Of MI, Jesse Jagz & Ice Prince’ – Ckay by Teaveapoet(f): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2017
for your mind. issokay#
Re: ‘I Will Surpass The Standard Of MI, Jesse Jagz & Ice Prince’ – Ckay by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2017
Who is this one again that looks like Victor Ikpeba lipsrsealed
Re: ‘I Will Surpass The Standard Of MI, Jesse Jagz & Ice Prince’ – Ckay by opeyemiieblog(m): 10:38am On Aug 17, 2017
u better pray hard
Re: ‘I Will Surpass The Standard Of MI, Jesse Jagz & Ice Prince’ – Ckay by MiaB(f): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2017
Best of lucks .

(1) (Reply)

Hushpuppi Blasts Olamide, Phyno & Timaya Concerning The Video "Telli Person" / Wizkid Blast Nigeria Government / swept off your feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.