Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,132 members, 7,928,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:23 PM

Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone (1146 Views)

Screen Overlay In Tecno W2 / How I Solved "Screen Overlay Detected" On My Android Device / How To Off Screen Overlay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by praises16: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dear Programmers

Please I humbly and seriously still
seek your help with regards to my phone.
I use Tecno W2 with Android 6.0

I realised that a Trojan had entered my phone, and when Avast failed to resolve the issue, I had to format the phone.
After formatting, I went to Google Play Store to download and restore my apps.

Suddenly I started getting a message as follows:
YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF SCREEN OVERLAY in settings.

I delved in and tried to fix it by removing permissions for various apps. I eventually removed overlay permission for everything to no avail.

Then I went online to read. I realised that it's usually a certain type of App that causes it. I tried to find the culprit all in vain.

I also learnt that overlay comes usually when one app seeking permission is open and another seeks permission.

I formatted the phone a second time and being very careful to ensure one app does not remain open while the other seeks permission.

I succeeded for a while but as I'm writing this, the story has changed again. Screen overlay permission.

I can't even upload the screenshot of the issue.

Please help me. I need to get this done.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by DANNED(m): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
The app named "BABEL FONTS" is the culprit. Just disable it and you will be happy. Had the same issue with my W3 until i found the above solution.

1 Like

Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by Abrahamdgreat(m): 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
praises16:
Dear Programmers

Please I humbly and seriously still
seek your help with regards to my phone.
I use Tecno W2 with Android 6.0

I realised that a Trojan had entered my phone, and when Avast failed to resolve the issue, I had to format the phone.
After formatting, I went to Google Play Store to download and restore my apps.

Suddenly I started getting a message as follows:
YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF SCREEN OVERLAY in settings.

I delved in and tried to fix it by removing permissions for various apps. I eventually removed overlay permission for everything to no avail.

Then I went online to read. I realised that it's usually a certain type of App that causes it. I tried to find the culprit all in vain.

I also learnt that overlay comes usually when one app seeking permission is open and another seeks permission.

I formatted the phone a second time and being very careful to ensure one app does not remain open while the other seeks permission.

I succeeded for a while but as I'm writing this, the story has changed again. Screen overlay permission.

I can't even upload the screenshot of the issue.

Please help me. I need to get this done.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.
I had the issue b4 2 took me weeks to figure it out. It's actually an innocent error, all you have to do is....... there are actually three options but I am too lazy to type them all, so I am going to tell you this disable the permission for app to modify system for all apps. Then check all apps that have permission to have screen overlay and stop them internally that's all. If you need my help more tell me all the apps you have on your phone and I will figure it out for you, yeah I fix phones. hopefully what I told you to do should fix it 4 u. Need more help whatsapp me on 09057343257

2 Likes

Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by praises16: 12:42am On Aug 18, 2017
DANNED:
The app named "BABEL FONTS" is the culprit. Just disable it and you will be happy. Had the same issue with my W3 until i found the above solution.
You're so blessed. I disabled that Fbabel fonts and like magic, all is working fine. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by DANNED(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
praises16:

You're so blessed. I disabled that Fbabel fonts and like magic, all is working fine. Thanks a lot.
U re welcome
Re: Help With Screen Overlay Problem On My Android Phone by Ennyholar: 7:27am On Aug 19, 2017
Nice one
Been having same issues on my Camon CX
But solved easily

(1) (Reply)

Latest Google Play Guidelines Prevents Apps From Collecting Unnecessary Data / Phone Issue / Buy Latest Iphone And Samsung At The Most Affordable Price (retail & Wholesale)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.