Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,360 members, 7,937,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" (782 Views)

Igbos Are More United Now Than Ever Before, Try Rubbish And Lose One Nigeria / Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? / Is Nigeria One Nigeria Or Nigeria Is Trying To Be One Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 6:02am On Aug 18, 2017
Detribalised Association of Nigeria (the Danites), (formerly ADN), hereby sponsor a debate on the pros and cons of maintaining Nigeria as one country.

Please kindly and honestly answer the following questions to the best of your ability:

1) Is there any part of Nigeria that does not benefit from the cultural diversity of Nigeria?
Is there any part of 9ja that does not benefit from the cross-cultural synergy that results in the whole being more than the sum total of the parts?

2) Is there any part of Nigeria that does not benefit from Nigeria's elite status in world and African affairs due to her size? The clout she commands? Her bargaining power? Do u think constrained Oduduwa or land-locked Biafra or tiny Ijaw can command same?

3)Are there any Nigerian problems that can be solved by breaking up the country? What are those problems and how will breaking up the country help solve them?

4) Iraq invaded Kuwait, a sovereign country, because they have oil. Try to be realistic. Do u think it reasonable that Nigeria will let anyone walk away with the country's oil without a war? Do u want war?

5) Try to be realistic. Do u think it possible that Nigeria can break up without serious destabilization and possibly war? Is it worth it? Is that what you want? Do u want war?

6) In view of the foregoing, don't u think it more reasonable that we try to love our country and work on our country since it's the only country we have, and try to live in peace with one another. Also, for those that profess Christianity, Isn't that the Xtian thing to do?

7) Are there any states that gain nothing by being a part of Nigeria (everything taken into consideration - not just oil). Are there any states that contribute nothing?

4) If "detribalised" is defined as someone who does not hate other tribes, does not denigrate other tribes, and does not want separation from them, do u consider yourself a detribalised Nigerian? If so, would u consider joining an organization like DAN, assuming they would have you?

** All it takes for evil to win, is for good people to do nothing. **
Let's all good people do what we can, no matter how little. ======================================
You don't have to read the rest of this. Everything below is for Danites only.
======================================

Fellow Danites, remember our definition of "detribalised" is someone who does not hate other tribes, does not denigrate other tribes, and does not want separation from them. It does not mean we are against restructuring or that we think Nigeria is perfect.
We are all proud to be members of our various tribes, but we are not obsessed with tribe. We are more interested in bringing Nigerians together. 
As Henry Ford said: "Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success"
For example, parts of USA wanted to break away too. The main reason USA is the greatest country in the world today is because they managed stay together - though they had to fight a bloody civil war to achieve that.
So: One Nation, one destiny. Nigeria shall be great!

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37

1 Like

Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by EmekaMD(m): 6:09am On Aug 18, 2017
U should mention me next time.
I want in.
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 18, 2017
@OP, your number 4 point is invalid and on the battle of staying as one NIGERIA, the use of war against people that have oil is not a bargaining power at all. NOTE: NIGER DELTA is not kuwait, I want one NIGERIA but please stop using war as threat to NIGER deltans, we are not biafra that NIGERIA army can easily defeat, atleast The militants in the creeks can confirm that, when the NIGERIA army were shotting sporedically during confrotation, and when the ijaw flag, the urhobo and the itsekiri flag was raised up to the heaven and the sun, all the Bullets and targets of NIGERIA army were falling into the water, it was like GOD was intervening unbehalf of NIGER DELTA. "OP ONE NIGERA IS WHAT WE NEED BUT PLEASE STOP USING WAR AS THREAT AGAINST OUR OIL. "my name is dlordsamurai, i am in warri, come and beat me.

1 Like

Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by Okoroawusa: 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
ameri9ja:
Detribalised Association of Nigeria (the Danites), (formerly ADN), hereby sponsor a debate on the pros and cons of maintaining Nigeria as one country.

Please kindly and honestly answer the following questions to the best of your ability:

1) Is there any part of Nigeria that does not benefit from the cultural diversity of Nigeria?
Is there any part of 9ja that does not benefit from the cross-cultural synergy that results in the whole being more than the sum total of the parts?

2) Is there any part of Nigeria that does not benefit from Nigeria's elite status in world and African affairs due to her size? The clout she commands? Her bargaining power? Do u think constrained Oduduwa or land-locked Biafra or tiny Ijaw can command same?

3)Are there any Nigerian problems that can be solved by breaking up the country? What are those problems and how will breaking up the country help solve them?

4) Iraq invaded Kuwait, a sovereign country, because they have oil. Try to be realistic. Do u think it reasonable that Nigeria will let anyone walk away with the country's oil without a war? Do u want war?

5) Try to be realistic. Do u think it possible that Nigeria can break up without serious destabilization and possibly war? Is it worth it? Is that what you want? Do u want war?

6) In view of the foregoing, don't u think it more reasonable that we try to love our country and work on our country since it's the only country we have, and try to live in peace with one another. Also, for those that profess Christianity, Isn't that the Xtian thing to do?

7) Are there any states that gain nothing by being a part of Nigeria (everything taken into consideration - not just oil!). Are there any states that contribute nothing?

4) If "detribalised" is defined as someone who does not hate other tribes, does not denigrate other tribes, and does not want separation from them, do u consider yourself a detribalised Nigerian? If so, would u consider joining an organization like DAN, assuming they would have you?

Let's all good people do what we can, no matter how little. ======================================

Fellow Danites, remember our definition of "detribalised" is someone who does not hate other tribes, does not denigrate other tribes, and does not want separation from them. It does not mean we are against restructuring or that we think Nigeria is perfect.
We are all proud to be members of our various tribes, but we are not obsessed with tribe. We are more interested in bringing Nigerians together. 
As Henry Ford said: "Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success"
For example, parts of USA wanted to break away too. The main reason USA is the greatest country in the world today is because they managed stay together - though they had to fight a bloody civil war to achieve that.

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37
Hello my ppl,am a proud DANite!

1 Like

Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by Okoroawusa: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
@OP, your number 4 point is invalid and on the battle of staying as one NIGERIA, the use of war against people that have oil is not a bargaining power at all. NOTE: NIGER DELTA is not kuwait, I want one NIGERIA but please stop using war as threat to NIGER deltans, we are not biafra that NIGERIA army can easily defeat, atleast The militants in the creeks can confirm that, when the NIGERIA army were shotting sporedically during confrotation, and when the ijaw flag, the urhobo and the itsekiri flag was raised up to the heaven and the sun, all the Bullets and targets of NIGERIA army were falling into the water, it was like GOD was intervening unbehalf of NIGER DELTA. "OP ONE NIGERA IS WHAT WE NEED BUT PLEASE STOP USING WAR AS THREAT AGAINST OUR OIL. "my name is dlordsamurai, i am in warri, come and beat me.
Bro,ur point is understood but ur tone is harsh.

take am easy.

1 Like

Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 12:34am On Aug 19, 2017
EmekaMD:
U should mention me next time.
I want in.

Hearty welcome to DAN, EmekaMD! Sorry about the long delay, I'm not on-line a lot. As u have already read the basics, I don't have to explain much to u. Just that u don't have to reveal anything about yourself unless u wish to. From your moniker I'd sumise u r Igbo. If so, I want you to know, a bu kwa m Onye Igbo. Great to have u on board! U r a great Nigerian!

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37, EmekaMD

2 Likes

Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 12:43am On Aug 19, 2017
Dlordsamurai:

As long as u r for one Nigeria, u r a potential Danite. But war IS a threat and deterant. Why else do u think people with oil haven't seceded and become extremely wealthy with their oil. Also you WERE a part of Biafra. Do u think the militants can survive one heavy bomb dropped on the creek?

1 Like

Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 12:50am On Aug 19, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Bro,ur point is understood but ur tone is harsh.

take am easy.

At least he is not like that crazy G4JEEZUS guy. ( l think they banned him)
I think he is wrong about war not being a deterant
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 1:37am On Aug 19, 2017
GenBuhari whachu say? Sorry about the long silence, I'm not on-line a lot. 

GenBuhari is a detribalised Nigerian - a great Nigerian!
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 1:38am On Aug 19, 2017
WetinConsignMe whachu say? Sorry about the long silence, I'm not on-line a lot. 

WetinConsignMe is a detribalised Nigerian - a great Nigerian.
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 2:15am On Aug 19, 2017
Dlordsamurai:

My brother from Warri, point of correction, Nigeria did not "easily" defeat Biafra. Also Ojukwu was not a born and bred Igbo man - he spoke Yoruba better than he spoke Igbo. He grew up and schooled in Lagos and London. If a real Igbo man led that war, either Ndigbo didn't get in the war or they would have won.

Anyway, Dlordsamurai, u sound like a potential Danite - a great nigerian!
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 2:18am On Aug 19, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Hello my ppl,am a proud DANite!

Okoroawusa u r a great Nigerian!

So is WORDWORLD - a detribalised Nigerian.
Bros, why the long silence?
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by WetinConsignMe: 2:23am On Aug 19, 2017
ameri9ja:

I'm not online a lot either
Expect my response to your post soon
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by WetinConsignMe: 2:25am On Aug 19, 2017
ameri9ja:

My brother from Warri, point of correction, Nigeria did not "easily" defeat Biafra. Also Ojukwu was not a born and bred Igbo man - he spoke Yoruba better than he spoke Igbo. He grew up and schooled in Lagos and London. If a real Igbo man led that war, either Ndigbo didn't get in the war or they would have won.

Anyway, u sound like a potential Danite - a great nigerian!

You know that thought about Ojukwu has also crossed my mind
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by obiech(m): 2:25am On Aug 19, 2017
ameri9ja:

7) Are there any states that gain nothing by being a part of Nigeria (everything taken into consideration - not just oil). Are there any states that contribute nothing?

Save yourself the time because this stuff you just wrote can never stop the agitation

See as you are threaten Igbo's with war asif it is only them that would suffer if war breaks out.

Nobody wants war but if you want don't go and start campaigning on how best this country can be restructured rather continue deceiving yourself that by threaten them with war the would ever back down from this agitation.

Chill so let me get you .....you and your neighbours are sharing a piece of farm land and you guys decided too share the gain but the way it is been shared is only favouring him so you tell him you know a way that you could share it and it would favor the both of you equally both your neighbour tells you *no* that if you even try to complain he would kill you..........so what are you going to do ..........just agree like a inferior defeated fellow and do whatever he says.......or you would simply pack you things and go too avoid trouble

Summary: don't ever think that by threaten those proud Igbo's you could ever achieve anything other than making them more aggressive in their struggle for this Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by WetinConsignMe: 2:30am On Aug 19, 2017
ameri9ja:

Don't have time to respond now. Will, later
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by ameri9ja: 3:00am On Aug 19, 2017
obiech:

Save yourself the time because this stuff you just wrote can never stop the agitation

See as you are threaten Igbo's with war asif it is only them that would suffer if war breaks out.

Nobody wants war but if you want don't go and start campaigning on how best this country can be restructured rather continue deceiving yourself that by threaten them with war the would ever back down from this agitation.

Chill so let me get you .....you and your neighbours are sharing a piece of farm land and you guys decided too share the gain but the way it is been shared is only favouring him so you tell him you know a way that you could share it and it would favor the both of you equally both your neighbour tells you *no* that if you even try to complain he would kill you..........so what are you going to do ..........just agree like a inferior defeated fellow and do whatever he says.......or you would simply pack you things and go too avoid trouble

Summary: don't ever think that by threaten those proud Igbo's you could ever achieve anything other than making them more aggressive in their struggle for this Biafra

Well, in the last war only Ndigbo suffered. Notice how nobody who actually lived through that war is noisily supporting secession, only people like NK who never saw the war.

As for your anology, so Igbos should pack their things and go back to land-locked south-east, then apply for visa to return to Lagos (or Abuja, Ibadan etc) because that's where the big ports are, that's where their businesses are, etc. Nuts!! Igbos don't accept things like that. Igbos are not known to be fools. (BTW, I read somewhere that Igbos own over 70% of the buildings in Abuja)
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by WetinConsignMe: 3:16am On Aug 19, 2017
obiech:

You people advocating secession are not Ndigbo. Ndigbo don't think through their anus. Even Ojukwu recognised that Biafra without the delta made no sense.
If I were Yoruba I'd be on the streets demonstrating for Biafra - that's who benefits.
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by WetinConsignMe: 11:11am On Aug 23, 2017
ameri9ja:

Folks, fellow Danites, I still.have not received anybody's
email addresses. Please send your email addresses to me at wetinconsignme@asia.com. That way we have everybody's email in case anything happens.

Ameri9ja, I did not receive anything from you. Make sure you write the address correctly:
wetinconsignme@asia.com
wetinconsignme@asia.com

Also, Ameri9ja, I think you should go ahead and publish the "manifesto" thread yourself since u are the one writing it. I'd rather publish threads I wrote myself, and I do have threads I intend to publish.

Btw, u are also a great nigerian!

illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, emekamd, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora
Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by paschu: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2017
I absolutely do not have any time to indulge your bait for endless back and forth. But I will embed on your conscience the same nuggets of truths which I already shared elsewhere. That's hoping that you still have a living conscience.

Here you go:

So in your Nigerian mind, your ancestors were not in existence before 1914?

Or did anyone in your lineage vote to be part of this contraption, and had their ancestral lands forcefully taken over by a bunch of imperial lords?

Are you not ashamed of your national history?

Or do you think that everyone is content with fake identity?

When did the fraud which you now illegally call constitution receive public endorsement?

The only way to foster pure patriotism is to remind folks who want out that the exit door is wide open.

Forced union is the end of true patriotism.

I don't wish anyone to be a citizen of any country where his citizenship is by force.

Finally, you have no idea how many formidable people you force to call the bluff of forced one Nigeria when you keep playing the war card.

It is so disgusting to share nationality with folks who have little regards for human freedom and would shamelessly propose the act of war (and annihilation of human resources) as justifiable ways to illegally consolidate their grips on natural resources.

Thing is, your idea of One Nigeria as you just proposed it, is a crime against humanity. Thus, it is unsustainable. It cannot last. It's just a matter of time.

**Visionary folks should be looking at modalities for cordial, robust and socio-economically dynamic relationships between all ethnic nations that would emerge in post-Nigeria political reality. But failure to envision this and equitably plan and organize for it, will not in any way stop it.

ameri9ja:

Re: Danites: Pros And Cons Of "One Nigeria" by WetinConsignMe: 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Folks, fellow Danites, I still.have not received anybody's
email addresses. Please send your email addresses to me at wetinconsignme@asia.com. That way we have everybody's email in case anything happens.

Ameri9ja, I did not receive anything from you. Make sure you write the address correctly:
wetinconsignme@asia.com
wetinconsignme@asia.com

Also, Ameri9ja, I think you should go ahead and publish the "manifesto" thread yourself since u are the one writing it. I'd rather publish threads I wrote myself, and I do have threads I intend to publish.

Btw, u are also a great nigerian!

illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, emekamd, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora

Amri9ja, sorry, sorry, sooorrry o, my brother. I did receive your emails. They went in a spam folder. I have now corrected my settings, so won't happen again.
I read the "Danist Manifesto". I'd go ahead and publish it after I lightly edit it (hope u don't mind).

Folks, send your email addresses to:

wetinconsignme@asia.com
wetinconsignme@asia.com

illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, emekamd, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora, ugosample, darkckUSA

(1) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) / Nigeria Still Can’t Find Boko Haram’s Leader, Even After Spending $593 Million / Kayode Ogundamisi Na Brown Envelope Journalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.