Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,150 members, 7,887,339 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:04 AM

Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement (31835 Views)

Adesua Etomi Wins Face Of Nollywood At The City People Movie Awards / Weflo, Artiste Causes Stir At City People Awards With His Limo & Bodyguards / Tiwa Savage Receives City People Awards, Stuns In Lovely Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Biggaboi(m): 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
Now these are the real group. They survived when Plantashun Boiz broke apart. They've been there before Psquare. It's nice to finally be recognised. Better late than never! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by SUMCIOUZ(m): 11:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fussbot:
Open ur arms like sae u wan fly away

Jupa juse siwaju kajo ma sweet

Alanta Alanta one leg up

Shout out to ojo tolu aka arteta wherever you are.. dude was the best dancer then
NO ITS
Open your yansh like you wan fly away Eeee Eee
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Icedprince1d(m): 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
One of This guys just followed by blog and liiked my post on Instagram few minutes ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX_YnwklCSv/

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by DCONE1(m): 12:12am On Aug 20, 2017
Thumbs up to the "ALANTA DANCE CORONERS".......that crazy dance like you got fire all over your body......that dance move reign all over Naija that year...nice one.
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 20, 2017
doctorkush:
oya chop indomie!

Lol...I really don't know them..is it a Crime
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Okuda(m): 12:19am On Aug 20, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
And I don't know about them?

you must be better indomie G

1 Like

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 20, 2017
Boyooosa:

how old are you? because if u r not up to 7 - 10 years old in the year 1999/2000, u might not know them... sorry.
yeah...that's just it

1 Like

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 20, 2017
MTKbudapest:

u cant expect to know them when u were born yesterday.

These are one of the people that made niaja music gain international recognition. They were popular in the days of maintain, ruggedman, raski, tony tetula idris etc
Maintain I know
Rugged man I know
Tony tetula I know

Them I don't know
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Okuda(m): 12:21am On Aug 20, 2017
banmee:

They are the ones who paved the way for teckno, wizkid, davido to be successes today.

how so? una go just dey yarn nonsense. they did their own time and did not make it then because the music industry was at its very infact then and nobody cared. only tuface and a bit of psquare is the most successful out of that time.

1 Like

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Okuda(m): 12:25am On Aug 20, 2017
ernieboy:

that was 2face' plantashun boys and remedies those two groups were the ones that paved the way not theses guys, granted they had some hits but they were never as big as the two groups above.
plantashun boiz and remedies did not pave any way. they only were the first set of people to modernize nigerian music to garner much appeal. you peoplw should atop saying they paved way. what exactly did they do?
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Okuda(m): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2017
ennyhola:

Maintain I know
Rugged man I know
Tony tetula I know

Them I don't know

raski you dont know. lmao

1 Like

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by DCONE1(m): 12:35am On Aug 20, 2017
ikorodureporta:
proly because u belong to d alanta era. Their first hits're classic
do you still remember this their song "enter with your change/to avoid delay..........................them go pass your bus stop".... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by DCONE1(m): 12:42am On Aug 20, 2017
Okuda:
plantashun boiz and remedies did not pave any way. they only were the first set of people to modernize nigerian music to garner much appeal. you peoplw should atop saying they paved way. what exactly did they do?
junior and pretty paved the way, those 2 guys that sang "BOLANLE"
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by sharpwriter(m): 12:42am On Aug 20, 2017
Chai....awon egbon yi ti dagba...I hardly recognize dem again. They even starred in Ologbo dudu(black cat), the movie where Saheed Balogun was a cult leader. Seeing dem now brought nostalgic feelings about past years. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by banmee(m): 12:45am On Aug 20, 2017
Okuda:

how so? una go just dey yarn nonsense. they did their own time and did not make it then because the music industry was at its very infact then and nobody cared. only tuface and a bit of psquare is the most successful out of that time.

Like i said before, you are talking like a man who does not value history would talk. It is like asking how did cavemen pave the way for our survival today. Just because they died out does not mean they did not pave the way for us. Any artist who came before wizkid and davido, be they successes or failures paved the way for the their success today. Or haven't you ever heard of learning from other peoples mistakes? How una de take think like this na. If it is not right in front of you people like you can never think. Everything has to be broken down toddler style for you to understand. What a people. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by DCONE1(m): 12:57am On Aug 20, 2017
banmee:

Like i said before, you are talking like a man who does not value history would talk. It is like asking how did cavemen pave the way for our survival today. Just because they died out does not mean they did not pave the way for us. Any artist who came before wizkid and davido, be they successes or failures paved the way for the their success today. Or haven't you ever heard of learning from other peoples mistakes? How una de take think like this na. If it is not right in front of you people like you can never think. Everything has to be broken down toddler style for you to understand. What a people. Smh
junior and pretty paved the way, those 2 guys that sang "BOLANLE" for all includin 2face plantashun boiz and remedies with pigin RnB and raps
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by banmee(m): 1:10am On Aug 20, 2017
DCONE1:
junior and pretty paved the way, those 2 guys that sang "BOLANLE" for all includin 2face plantashun boiz and remedies with pigin RnB and raps

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by madjune(m): 4:10am On Aug 20, 2017
These guys were so good at posing and the black guy kept getting fat and fatter till they went broke.

They started in 1997.
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by sucess001(m): 4:54am On Aug 20, 2017
These guys are just a better version of speed Darlington and vic o....they can't sing....although Atlanta gave them a breakthru and was a hit....you have to admire their tenacity tho....
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by cityabbey01(m): 6:15am On Aug 20, 2017
Monaco2:
Oh yes, this guys....
Nope I dunno dem tongue
This is the reason why have so many childish comments, small boys and girls flooding NL,
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by golddeejay(m): 6:28am On Aug 20, 2017
Those that know artquake here should be at least close to 30. Hope una don marry sha... grin
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by ernieboy(m): 6:48am On Aug 20, 2017
Okuda:
". they only were the first set of people to modernize nigerian music to garner much appeal." u have said it all, that's exactly how they paved the way. prior to that era foreign music dominated the airwaves but with the infusion of modern beats and hip hop sounds by these guys Nigerian music started having much appeal even displacing foreign songs in parties and clubs.
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by dabossman(m): 7:17am On Aug 20, 2017
Okuda:

Only you ask question, only you answer am yourself. You say "they were the first set of people..." meaning they paved the way for others that came after, right? That exactly is what they did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Monaco2(m): 7:19am On Aug 20, 2017
cityabbey01:

This is the reason why have so many childish comments, small boys and girls flooding NL,

Mr big boy, stay off my mention
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by dabossman(m): 7:22am On Aug 20, 2017
Congratulations to them. They've really done well to have remained together for about two decades. Even saw them in a new music video recently. Nice one.

ennyhola:
I am sorry...but iono them

No offence! embarassed

None taken. It's not a crime to be young.

2 Likes

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by LordOfNaira: 7:24am On Aug 20, 2017
I can't even get these guys' old songs on the net. The other day, I searched for Safari's E Go Better but couldn't find it anywhere. Please, anyone who knows where I can download these old songs should help. I really missed those days. I remembered trying to do music back then too and I would jump okada with T-Laff. Shutout to T-Laff, the comedian. Shoutout to Soma B. Shoutout to Jamboreen. Shoutout to Rockman. The only person who really got fame was Omo Baba. I just hope the rest of you are doing well in other careers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2017
dabossman:
Congratulations to them. They've really done well to have remained together for about two decades. Even saw them in a new music video recently. Nice one.

None taken. It's not a crime to be young.

Thanks boss ...
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by ibawon(m): 8:24am On Aug 20, 2017
Chai This guys them grin cheesy
If you claim not to know them.
Then I say it with all my Confidence that you never knew the Revolution of Afro beats in Nigeria. Those days when any Kennis music hit was a hit back to back
Artquake cool
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by ibawon(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2017
ennyhola:

Maintain I know
Rugged man I know
Tony tetula I know

Them I don't know
You didn't watch Juke Box on MBI and NTA 2 enuf...
Sweet old days
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by elbuzzy(m): 8:44am On Aug 20, 2017
Congratulations i hope u guys hit the studio soon and cook up something hot � �
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by jbl007(m): 9:37am On Aug 20, 2017
Fussbot:
Open ur arms like sae u wan fly away

Jupa juse siwaju kajo ma sweet

Alanta Alanta one leg up

Shout out to ojo tolu aka arteta wherever you are.. dude was the best dancer then
Guy...are you an ex-student of SIBAO?
Re: Artquake Wins City People Music Awards For Life Time Achievement by hAlexandro(m): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2017
undecided dem still dey exist!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eva Alordiah Auctions Her Dog (Photos) / Richard Nnadi Calls Out Bbnaija Stars, Musicians As Escape Club Is Shut Down / Yvonne Nwosu 'Babysits' A Bird That Flew To Her Balcony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.