Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,879 members, 7,895,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:20 PM

3intnights's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 3intnights's Profile / 3intnights's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

TV/Movies / Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by 3intnights: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2009
First of all, I want to commend the objectivity of you guys. Mine is rather coming late; maybe I needed a little time. Wale was evicted and in turn the show must go on, but it’s a shame on the show that proves to be the first reality TV show in Nigeria. Unlike in those days, there are several ways information is being disseminated. In fact people watch satellite stations now and see different reality TV shows especially the ones that are not based on people’s votes. I know this GUS is far from it.

If the show is to promote the product Gulder by a personal figure, then why the hassles of finding heroes and all stuffs, it’s a waste of resources I think. Look for a figure and present him/her. Secondly, if it is based on personal brilliance and strength so why evict someone based on negligence? Or should I say inevitable negligence? A call for duty around the camp and the totem stolen? Was it that he went on personal grounds and the totem stolen?
It is glaring that the so called GUS is a make belief of reality not a reality TV show, just like the movies. The organizers could not have evicted Wale based on individual task and I feel he was not the favorite to win the GUS. He said it himself that “they” the organizers and his fellow colleagues, underestimated him at the beginning and found out that he was a threat.

He said after his eviction that he had all it took to be the last man standing and maybe Melvin is next. He said that he had no threat except the Jungle. So he did not loose like he said, he was sent away by punishment.

So, I don’t know the reasons for the GUS but whatever they have in mind is for the public and not themselves. The public consumes Gulder. Like someone said that Wale is not a good figure for the product advert then why was he chosen to participate? Choose people that have the potentials of what you want so that anyone who wins, will still be fitting for whatever s(he) will represent. Just like the next American Top Model and all other reality TV show.

There will always be Nigerian factor in everything we do. It’s a pity.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.