Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,585 members, 7,929,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:19 AM

Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen (1146 Views)

Army Rescues Female Soldier Captured, Stripped Naked By ‘unknown Gunmen (VIDEO) / Jessy Gold: Girl Killed By Policemen In Ajegunle Identified / Man Shot In The Buttocks By Policemen During Protest In Abuja. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by nazanwannem: 6:30am On Aug 20, 2017
Lagosians who were stripped naked and taken away by Policemen in Ajah area of Lagos, while driving through the state have gotten justice at last after the incident was reported to Police Compliant Unit (PCRRU).

Here’s one of the victim’s post earlier on the incident;

Here’s his update on the incident;

“On Wednesday 16th I contacted the Police Compliant Unit (PCRRU) on phone and complained , I was asked to narrate what happened , send pictures and my account summary which I did , and I also contacted Mr Aleygiwa who told me what to do and how to take legal actions , then on Friday 18th I was invited by the Area commander of area J and I witnessed how the men who harassed my brother and I was severely dealt with and for the first time in 2 decades I witnessed proper justice in the Nigeria Police system , the Nigeria Police took care of the damages and I got a direct apology from the police and everything that was destroyed was immediately replaced , *oh well almost everything � * they promise to continue to serve and protect me , my friends , my family and the public at large and when things like this come up again :
Harassment ,
battery/Assault,
ill-treatment ,
Illegal arrest ,
Undocumented privacy invasion ,
should be reported so legal and proper actions will be taken , so I urge every Nigeria citizen to speak out when things like this happens .
A big thank you to everyone that called , posted videos and supported me through this !
Rugged man was the first person that have. ASP Thomas Cole contact me , then from there I wrote an official statement and the Area Commander Area J Mr Obeni was very civil and I must admit he is very understanding and a true Police man
My friend Paleke @demgohearword
Made several calls even from abroad ,
God bless you all
@ruggedybaba @demgohearword@aleeygiwa @policenglagos@police_complaint_rru @policeng_pcrru
My fellow Nigerians don’t be mute when you are abused and violated , speak out and seek justice Always remember that ” THE GOOD POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND ”

http://www.lailasblog.com/justice-at-last-for-the-lagosians-recently-stripped-naked-and-extorted-by-some-policemen-in-ajah/

Lalasticlala

Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by Zeze06(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2017
Anytime you see police being nice to you, they are trying to control damage, they are trying to stop you from further investigation which may reveal their true self... embarassed

Police are never nice, they know nothing about justice, they are evil, never be friends with a police officer, he'll betray you, he'll plant cocaine in your house and ask his colleagues to come search your house... embarassed

Police are evil, run away from police, if your twin brother joins the police today, keep a safe distance from him, police are cursed, fear police... embarassed

It was good you resisted, they may be skull miners

Skull miners sometimes disguise as police...

Thank God for your life...

Stop barbing your hair so your skull is not attractive to skull miners... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by seunlayi(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2017
I m happy to hear this
Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by Godmother(f): 6:44am On Aug 20, 2017
This is how it should be. Weldone Nigerian police.
Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by Buharimustgo: 6:53am On Aug 20, 2017
Senior Police officers have always been good.
The truth is the New IGP has taken Nig police to another good level.
The major problem we have with Nig police are the rank and file,I think IGP and his team should focus more attention on them
Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by emmanwandud(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2017
Looks like a script drafted out by the police believe this at your own peril.
Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by hedonistic: 9:03am On Aug 20, 2017
This must be a joke. How exactly has justice been served? Or are we supposed to take it to mean that useless apologies are all that the police would do when serious breaches have been committed by its officers?

Have the officers been SACKED? Or at least, have they been suspended and slated for criminal prosecution? Extortion and aggravated assault are serious crimes, and I expect that policemen found to have engaged in these acts must be REMOVED from the force and then prosecuted and jailed. That's the only justice that would make sense to me, and if I were to be in the victims' shoes, I would not rest until this outcome is achieved.

Nonsense.
Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by doctokwus: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
The OP said he witnessed how the policemen that assaulted him were dealth with.
I laugh,please how exactly were they dealth with?
I bet those people would be back on the streets hussling.
The main reason very few policemen get punished is that they make returns to their benefactors and most got the job through senior officers or influential members of the society.
To show you how policemen being punished in Nigeria is a joke:just recently the police hierarchy called the family and influential members of the tailor that was murdered by a DPO to a meeting where they pleaded with them to accept some compensation and a personal apology from the DPO himself and let the issue be termed settled!
For a clear case of murder!!
Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by meezynetwork(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
Story, were they sacked and thrown to jail? If no? Then there was no justice just damage control
Re: Justice At Last For The Lagosians Recently Stripped Naked By Policemen by tooclean(m): 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
If this your story is true, them all i have to say is that you know nothing about justice.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO :MAN Kills Side Chick On Livestream, For Exposing Him To His Gf. / Upgrade / White Man Shot Black Father In Front Of His Kids Over Parking Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.