Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,480 members, 7,888,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:09 AM

Christians, Believers Pls Help Me Clarify These? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Believers Pls Help Me Clarify These? (403 Views)

How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Believers Pls Help Me Clarify These? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2017
1. Which one is the greatest between gift of the Spirit and fruit of the Spirit? Which one is the greatest?

2. Is it proper to go to church and you are told to lead prayer and when you started, you spoke in tongue from the beginning to the end. As in is it good to lead a church prayer only in tongues

3. What's the difference between wisdom, knowledge and prophecy. 1cor 12 vs 4 - 11.

God bless you
Re: Christians, Believers Pls Help Me Clarify These? by purem(m): 11:22am On Aug 20, 2017
When people claim to be speaking in tongue.....

Re: Christians, Believers Pls Help Me Clarify These? by MuttleyLaff: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
Zizaboni:
1. Which one is the greatest between gift of the Spirit and fruit of the Spirit? Which one is the greatest?
There is no hierarchy in the gift of the Spirit (i.e. there is no the smallest or greatest) because they are given for the common good.

As for the fruit of the Spirit, what out lasts all is love, so love is the greatest of the fruit of the Spirit
Love is rendered 7 ways in Greek, the love which is the greatest mentioned in Galatians 5:22 is the Agape love; love that's is given unconditionally

Zizaboni:
2. Is it proper to go to church and you are told to lead prayer and when you started, you spoke in tongue from the beginning to the end. As in is it good to lead a church prayer only in tongues
It isn't good at all, the reason is because you or no one else interpreting those present would not know when at each prayer points to agree with you in saying amen.

Also why would you have the need to pray in a language and make matters worse, without interpretations, when others present don't understand diddly squat what's being said?

Zizaboni:
3. What's the difference between wisdom, knowledge and prophecy. 1cor 12 vs 4 - 11.

God bless you
Wisdom has to do with decision(s).
When a right or good decision is made, you've applied wisdom and deemed wise.
If the outcome or conclusion of a matter, ends up with a wrong or bad decision being made, then folly is said to have been applied and the person doing such is deemed foolish or called a fool.

Knowledge is information.
This can be acquired mentally or be known experientially

Prophecy is fore-knowledge, as in knowledge or information known before hand.
It's an advance knowledge of eventq

(1) (Reply)

What Pastor David Ibiyeomie Actually Said About Being Single And Irresponsible / What Is The Muslims' Stand Regarding The Christians' Bible / What Came Over Tasha Cobbs??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.