Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,259 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:01 AM

What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? (11580 Views)

All Nigeria Newspapers In One App / Photos ─ Lizard Peppersoup In This Era Is Ejoyment / Lizard Peppersoup In This Era In Ejoyment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by diezani(f): 11:07am On Aug 21, 2017
konfused:

Some newspapers carry a lot of grammatical blunders
like? any example?
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by hermosa7: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2017
You can still trust newspapers for FACTUAL NEWS. Social media contains too much FAKE NEWS.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by Ezyp(m): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2017
diezani:
Newspapers would improve your grammar. Bloggers don't take writing seriously.

If you want to be a good writer, read newspapers esp Guardian and Thisday.
But these newspapers have their online platform. One can read daily news from there. The paper won't be necessary.
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by diezani(f): 11:12am On Aug 21, 2017
Afam4eva:

If you want to be a good writer, you either read books or go to school. Btw, those newspapers are also online.

the online content is optimized for devices, there's less content in order to improve speed. lots of in-depth articles aren't online. the online version only has the advantage of being real-time.

aside books, newspapers are most important. I learnt nothing from my English teachers.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by diezani(f): 11:13am On Aug 21, 2017
Ezyp:

But these newspapers have their online platform. One can read daily news from there. The paper won't be necessary.

it depends on what exactly you're looking for
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by hermosa7: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2017
Jacksonmava:
My dad still reads newspapers undecided

Old generation things cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by Ezyp(m): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2017
diezani:

it depends on what exactly you're looking for
You are right
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 21, 2017
diezani:

like? any example?

When are you coming back from UK diezani?
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by wallarwallar(m): 11:59am On Aug 21, 2017
davodyguy:
Sales definitely dropped for them, same way albums hardly sell, when I can download online

Sad but it's the reality.

Social media, pain and gain

It is just a matter of time u will see dem no more..
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by hamzeiy: 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
leksmedia:
Hmm The newspaper industry is dying but the smart ones will not. The world is changing so also is the way we do things and live our lives. Unlike before where people only depend on newspaper as their only source of information, gone are the days , with the introduction of social media, online magazines, blogs, vlogs, newsletters she emails and above all your smart phones, you could get all these within minutes without blinking an eye.
Also i find newspaper naturally boring because of their nature of writing, too many words for an article that could have been summarised into few words and you will still get the message. I guess they do this to make the papers full. Thats why now so many newspaper industry have woken up to reality that linda ikeji back then when she doesn't have anyone working with her reaches more people and also make more money than all of them combined.
Anyways if you want to get your business online contact me for your website design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

and yet the likes of new york times,washinton post, dailymail are making millions or billions of dollars every year despite been in the United states the hub of the internet and social media.
i believe it has more to do with our character than technology
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by joinnow: 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
With the advent of social media and online news
Newspaper are one day late eg Social media is one day ahead
Reading Newspaper is like reading recycle news.
But those that have no access to internet should hang on to newspaper.
Most newspaper get their information from the net. tongue
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by leksmedia: 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
hmmmmmm but do you know they make more money from online subscription than from selling papers, The newspaper industry wont die but using paper will fade away.

hamzeiy:

and yet the likes of new york times,washinton post, dailymail are making millions or billions of dollars every year despite been in the United states the hub of the internet and social media.
i believe it has more to do with our character than technology
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
Newspapers? Who still reads them?
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by Monki(m): 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Blame TECHNOLOGY
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by successman100: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
The World now is both Cashless and Paperless environment.
Thanks
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
lonelydora:
To save cost, all Federal ministries/agencies should stop giving managers newspapers daily. They have computers (even though some of them don't know how to use it) and phones with data subscription which is paid by the government. Why give them 3 different newspapers daily? Is it that their work for the day is to read news or what? They have television also in their offices. We are just wasting money in this country

Social media will do to newspaper what email did to post office.
social media is not controlled and some stories are fake. Newspapers will not risk their brand to post false story cos it might backfire. You can't even present a social media story as an evidence in court.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
cupidkef:
Newspapers made sway in the 70s,80s,90s and even early 2ks but with the advent of the social media,I have lost every appetite in reading daily newspapers ,this is why;
I do virtually everything online,for example.....I got the info that buhari will be back on the 19th via the internet but the newspapers didn't even have that info until 20th,so tell me why I should patronize vendors if I get the news before them......

This is just my own opinion ,I know you have something to say ,i want to know your opinion on this matter.

even in America, newspapers houses still make huge sales
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by olowobaba10: 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
WHO READS NEWSPAPERS IN 2017?

Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by phiszo(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
It's still very much relevant
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by charlsecy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
diezani:
And they don't have online portals?
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by Godmother(f): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
Newspapers are fast becoming extinct. Everything can now be gotten online.
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by abacusCm(m): 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
diezani:

I can even read the Guardian and Thisday newspapers online
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by SlimPaddy22: 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
sadNewspaper? Can't remember when last I even held it seff. Ok Now I remember, I touched it last when I used it to......... See I forgot again.
Re: What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? by konfused: 8:19am On Aug 23, 2017
diezani:

like? any example?
https:///pjY8zU

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Wants A Glitter Tag? / What Can't You Help But Spend Money On? / Muhammad Awwal Sets Self On Fire After Theft Accusation In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.