Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,294 members, 7,900,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

How About The Advantages Of Seceding? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How About The Advantages Of Seceding? (508 Views)

Sir Ahmadu: If The East Insist On Seceding,then Other Nigerians Ought To Concede / Nnamdi Azikiwe Prevented the North from Seceding. Was He Plain Selfish Or Wise? / What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How About The Advantages Of Seceding? by Benniyess: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2017
Its no longer news that agitations and clamour for secession by different groups in the country is the order of the day. There's hardly a day that passes by wihout issues of secession springing up. Before now, i have never been an advocate of this national secession but recently i am beginning to see reasons why this secession could even be an advantage.

Everyone seems to be looking at the negative sides only. You hardly hear anyone say anything postive about secession, we have seemingly forgotten that anything that has disadvantages has many more advantages too..

1. Nigeria is a very big country, in my opinion too big for a man to seamlessly rule over. When you have 36 states with over over 200 cultures and tribes, it becomes very cumbersome to affect and satisfy everyone. Why do you think South Africa or evenn Ghana are better than us? This secession will help simplify the system of government and ease their work by making the country smaller and easier to govern.

2.secondly, If we can secede peacefully without bloodshed, it will be an advantage to us because we can move forward and experience progress in all ramifications of our economy. You know why? I will tell you. When secession happens, every state will look inwards and explore the natural resources they have. My state(Taraba) has many mineral resources that have not been explored and has many potential tourists centres (Gembu) that no one is harnessing well because everybody is depending on that oil money that will certainly come.
Re: How About The Advantages Of Seceding? by mrvitalis(m): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2017
South Africa and Ghana reference is what I can't still understand

South Africa is as multi cultural as Nigeria

Same as Ghana ( mind you in no way is Ghana better than Nigeria )

As for development .....we won't get anything serious until we Nigerians pay atleast 30% tax or have a revenue of 30% of our gdp

If you think Nigeria that's just about same size is Texas I just laugh at your lack of facts
Re: How About The Advantages Of Seceding? by truth4u: 9:03am On Aug 21, 2017
mrvitalis:
South Africa and Ghana reference is what I can't still understand

South Africa is as multi cultural as Nigeria

Same as Ghana ( mind you in no way is Ghana better than Nigeria )

As for development .....we won't get anything serious until we Nigerians pay atleast 30% tax or have a revenue of 30% of our gdp

If you think Nigeria that's just about same size is Texas I just laugh at your lack of facts
Why can't you champion a separate country and pay as much tax as you want and develop your country....

Ghana is a free country... Even Nigerians are more free in ghana than in Nigeria... Ghana has human right... Ghana has law... Everybody is equal in ghana... Ghana speak almost one language.... Ghana and ghanaian first is the law...there are no herdmen killing others... Ghana is a Christian country, there is a quarterly national nondemonination prayer at independent square... No Muslim supremacy, no slave and no master...obia n'obia...
Re: How About The Advantages Of Seceding? by mrvitalis(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2017
truth4u:

Why can't you champion a separate country and pay as much tax as you want and develop your country....

Ghana is a free country... Even Nigerians are more free in ghana than in Nigeria... Ghana has human right... Ghana has law... Everybody is equal in ghana... Ghana speak almost one language.... Ghana and ghanaian first is the law...there are no herdmen killing others... Ghana is a Christian country, there is a quarterly national nondemonination prayer at independent square... No Muslim supremacy, no slave and no master...obia n'obia...

Ghana speak one language ?
Ghana is a Christian country ?
No herdsman killing jn Ghana ?

Honestly just apply for asylum in Ghana

Lol honestly I don't reply people like you who don't talk with facts but hear say

Have a nice day and don't quote me again
Re: How About The Advantages Of Seceding? by emmaodet: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
mrvitalis:

Ghana speak one language ?
Ghana is a Christian country ?
No herdsman killing jn Ghana ?

Honestly just apply for asylum in Ghana

Lol honestly I don't reply people like you who don't talk with facts but hear say

Have a nice day and don't quote me again

Mr vitalis, i av been traaveling to an fro ghana since 2009 an i go dia atleast twice a year.
Ghana speaks many languages an they have abt 30-35% moslems in northern ghana according 2 my friend dia bt dnt kno aw he gets is figures sha

(1) (Reply)

Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Jalingo Water Expansion Project / What A World!!!!!! / Obaze Wins Pdp’s Gov Primary In Anambra, Uba Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.