Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,043 members, 7,966,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 03:12 AM

The Way Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Way Forward (323 Views)

Xenophobic Attacks: Buhari, Osinbajo And Onyeama Meet On Way Forward (Photos) / Ekiti: New Governor, Fayemi Reveals What Will Happen In State Going Forward / Northern Groups Plot A Way Forward At The Annual Arewa Youth Leadership Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Way Forward by meekhat: 9:22am On Aug 21, 2017
For some years now, I have been a silent observer in this forum and other social media platforms I visit. I have observed my Country gradually go down. Citizens are sinking to the dungeon of mind slavery and hatred. People abuse cause their leaders contrally to their religious beliefs, the leader is even being carried away to hate back those who hate him.
Igbos and Yorubas display open hatred for each other, etc. NOW MY TAKE:
As a patriotic citizen of this country, I believe LOVE is the Solution. As an Igbo man residing in Lagos, I want to let my brothers (Igbos) especially those based in the east to know this, please not all Yoruba 'muslims' hate and persecute Igbos. I can tell you from my experience that Yorubas are not generally bad as you term them. There are however, few of them who live on hatred for Igbo which is due to religious differences.
To my Yoruba Host, I don't need to emphasise this fact: not all Igbos are pompous and domineering. If you believe that Igbos are terrible people, then you are being unfair to me and other wonderful brothers out there.
The Hausas from my experience are the nicest people in Nigeria with the exception of the killers among them who are majorly uneducated.
Now, any Christian that insults his president does not know God experientially. God commands us to pray for those in authority. I must be sincere here, His excellency Mr President has made some mistakes in the past two years and some smart men have taken advantage of this to instigate some of his subjects against him. As a leader, you don't openly show disdain for your subjects no matter where they are from, even if they criticise you and did not vote for you, you should not consider revenge at all.
The best way to arrest the uprising in the east is not rearresting the young man or using force on them. Mr president and his team should turn around now, use palliative policies to win back your subjects from Nnamdi KANU. The truth is that KANU has lured the people to his side, His excellency should fight and recover his citizens from that young man' s grip. With good policies and economic growth, hate speeches and agitations will die a natural death. Allow Nnamdi KANU to fizzle out naturally by being unbiased, let our leaders shun nepotism and marginalisation.
LOVE NEVER FAILS

(1) (Reply)

Restructuring:ajimobi Advocates Resource Control, Fiscal Discipline / Let The CHANGE Begin From Above. / Group Accuses Ayade Of Deliberate Neglect Of Cross River Tourism Assets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.