Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,285 members, 7,971,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:59 PM

Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians (12686 Views)

92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / China Cracks Down On Christianity, Demolishing Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by bodsibobo(m): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
Nigeria flushed Ghananians out of their country before,Zimbabwe want to flush Nigerians out of their country, South Africa has never said it want to flush other Africans out of their country and

@RSA

oh yeah, South Africa has never said it wants to flush out other Africans; no, but they KILL and MAIM and BURN them!

Please do not come here to taint facts. I was in SA for many years, experienced the xenophobic attacks first hand and know the fact. South African blacks are XENOPHOBIC, and to me its mostly as a result of INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

Period.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by enomakos(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2010
na wa o,
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by idifu(m): 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2010
Mugabe na yeye man
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
Claus:

However, you have to look at their infrastructure in relative terms. Their entire population is probably less than that of Lagos State, so there are some things you're bound not to see there. Harare as a city has less than 2m people, but with its surrounding metropolitan area, has only about 3m people.

Harare also doesn't have major bodies of water and islands the way Lagos does, and therefore doesn't need as many bridges.

I hope they get the political and economic problems sorted out though because I remember both my visits there with great fondness (of course, the fact that one of them was for my wedding had a lot to do with that smiley).

Agreed.
I even felt like I had stepped back into time right from the airport! It looked like Nigeria in the 80s.

As per bridges, I was referring to the flyover network on Western Avenue, and in Abuja. Didn't see anything so elaborate.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by Donmeca(m): 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2010
RSA:

If it was in South Africa the magical X words would have been used millions time.
Nigeria flushed Ghananians out of their country before,Zimbabwe want to flush [/b]Nigerians out of their country,South Africa has never said it want to flush other Africans out of their country and there are more African immigrants in South Africa than anywhere in Africa,and research say most of them live [b]peacefully here than where they come from.

How peacefully are they living? after helping u kill apparthied and build ur economy, what are rewarding them with? Next time pls help flush out [/b]my brothers in S.A and [b]not roast them for barbecue. Just bear the sanctity of human life in mind. Zims even announced, gave conditions and a take off date for their actions but in ur own case, u laid ambush for them and roasted them for ur human suya. Which is better; to be flushed out (to come and develop home) or to be killed (without a decent burial)?
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by chi9ja(f): 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2010
pschiewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,

a very insult ontop of big injury
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by hbrednic: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2010
nigerians should simply stop invading others countries,enough is enough.
zimbabweans will not be watching while foreigner takeover their economy.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by nnajiofo: 1:09am On Feb 20, 2010
business in that country with their useless money
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by justwise(m): 1:25am On Feb 20, 2010
I lived in Zim, went to school in Zim and loved it, yes there are a large number of Nigerians there, doing both legit and bogus businesses, quite alot of Nigerians are dying in Zim prison as well.

Harare is a beautiful city for sure BUT since 2000 when Mugabe and the war vets started killing and flushing out the white farmers, things started going bad, the infrastructures are not maintained again, they use USA dollars now as their currency cos Zim-dollar doesn't worth the paper it made of.

There are good roads for sure but OUTSIDE harare is horror, yes Nigerians married Zim women when things were ok and cos Zim women sees Nigerians as cheerful givers and hard working individuals.  If and If they managed to 'flushed' Nigerians out, then things will get worst for Zims cos Zims don't have business insight like Nigerians and other Africans there. Many Nigerians own a company there, they travel to dubai to import things, Some are into car businesses, travelling to Japan to import cars, selling to diplomas and other NGOs.
Zims don't trust Nigerians. . . you will hear things like: these Nigerians are this and that, this policy will backfired on them, this is partcially act of jealousy.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by Beaf: 2:28am On Feb 20, 2010
snowdrops:

I have said it before; the more you make posts the more i believe you have an empty space between you ears.

And you are so smart that the above is the sum total of your contribution to this topic? Can't you even give a civilised opinion like others?

Listen to those who live in, work in or have 1st hand experience of Zimbabwe and you will surely learn something. I maintain that Zimbabwe is a better place for small scale business than Nigeria, they maintain their infrastructure a 100 times better than we do ours, they are less corrupt, they are better educated. . . The list goes on, if you have an argument, make it.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by hugooh42(m): 7:38am On Feb 20, 2010
well if they flush out foreign businesses especially Nigeria', can they be able to do them all by themselves.while other countries are trying to attract foreign businesses,they are flushing out. these photos show how pathetic their case is

Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by hugooh42(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2010
see what Mugabe has done to Zimbabwe

Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 20, 2010
At least The Nigerians there have achieved their dreaMS.

MILLIONAIRES ----- in ZIM DOLLARS.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by hugooh42(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2010
a word is enough for the foolish!
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by hugooh42(m): 7:49am On Feb 20, 2010
i guess Nigerians economy is far better than this

Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by Bar1zaa: 9:26am On Feb 20, 2010
Lets give Mugabe a chance to ruin his country, except that he is already too old and seems to be running short of ideas.
All foreigners should pack and go and allow Zimbabweans to manage their domestic economy from from import/export obligations. By so doing, all Zimbabweans will be rich because their money will not be taken away by foreigners. What a stupid thought pattern?
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by justwise(m): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2010
Beaf:

And you are so smart that the above is the sum total of your contribution to this topic? Can't you even give a civilised opinion like others?
Listen to those who live in, work in or have 1st hand experience of Zimbabwe and you will surely learn something. I maintain that Zimbabwe is a better place for small scale business than Nigeria, they maintain their infrastructure a 100 times better than we do ours, they are less corrupt, they are better educated. . . The list goes on, if you have an argument, make it.
I disagree with some of your points, yes they are well educated and has or used to have good infrastructure but those were the days, its not the same now, Zimb of Mugabe can't maintain those infrastructure again. Those beautiful structures were built by white rulers, when Mugabe took over in 1980 and decided to work with some white community things were ok untill 2000 when he started land-reform programme.
Zim is just about 12m interms population, so in business scale u can't compare them to Nigeria, maybe u compare them to lagos.
After the white farmers were flushed out/killed and black Zims took over, what happened? No food, teachers can't be paid, no fuel, bad roads, power rationing, no foreign currency infact their official currency is USA dollars now. Please don't compare Zim to Nigeria, Nigeria is managed by Nigerians from day one, whatever we have today(good or bad) is our sweat, u can't say the same for Zim. They survive on donation from foreign govts, i can go on and on.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by emisun(m): 11:02am On Feb 20, 2010
Many of us seems to be suffering from inferiority complex.always claiming good things only come from people.u mean only white people built the infrastructure in zimbabwe?.in america and europe indegenilization is obtainable so why i we acting as if its a discrimatory policy.what about western immigration policies toward african countries.Now let me let everybody know this Robert Mugabe is a true african.the west don't like cos he does't support imperialism and also note that the fall in zimbabwean economy is caused by western sanctions while The AU sit and watch for yrs the unjust punishing of a brother nation.pls people stop believing news about africa or asia from CNN or BBC instead watch presstv or aljazeera
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by Sprumbaba: 11:18am On Feb 20, 2010
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
emisun:

Many of us seems to be suffering from inferiority complex.always claiming good things only come from people.u mean only white people built the infrastructure in zimbabwe?.in america and europe indegenilization is obtainable so why i we acting as if its a discrimatory policy.what about western immigration policies toward african countries.Now let me let everybody know this Robert Mugabe is a true african.the west don't like cos he does't support imperialism and also note that the fall in zimbabwean economy is caused by western sanctions while The AU sit and watch for yrs the unjust punishing of a brother nation.pls people stop believing news about africa or asia from CNN or BBC instead watch presstv or aljazeera

Please stop throwing words around like politicians, i lived and studied in Zim for almost 4yrs, i went to Zim when 1Zim dollar is = to $80, and i left when it was $1 is = almost 80thousand Zim dollars. Stop blaming West ,CNN and BBC. Zim case is a MAN made Prob, its Mugabe made prob.
There is no press freedom, opposition party members locked up, killed, the opposition party can't use national televison, no advert, it was bad, it was one man party state. Please b4 u start blaming the west look home first.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by monkeyleg: 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2010
Just like Nigeria, we must feel for the innocent citizens of Zimbabwe, they did not choose the despot (Mugabe) to lead them. The man is now acting like a madman in a cesspit of shit
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by MrCrackles(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2010
Is Mugabe still relevant in the modern day world?
To hell with you Mugabe, you bloody tyrant!!
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2010
MrCrackles:

Is Mugabe still relevant in the modern day world?
To hell with you Mugabe, you bloody tyrant!!

monkeyleg:

Just like Nigeria, we must feel for the innocent citizens of Zimbabwe, they did not choose the despot (Mugabe) to lead them. The man is now acting like a madman in a cesspit of poo

Imagin, he has being in power since 1980!!!! president for life.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by Surajjj(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2010
Claus:

I've been to Zimbabwe twice, the latest being for my wedding in Sept 2008 (my wife is Zimbabwean). Zimbabwe was a prosperous country and it showed in the infrastructure they were able to build and maintain (roads, railways etc). That infrastructure hasn't suddenly collapsed in the last decade - which is when Mugabe's madness started.

However, productivity has. The economy shrunk at an alarming rate for a country not at war. When we went, there were a number of things we could enjoy because we came with foreign money. However, there was REAL suffering going on.

In recent times, I wouldn't say Zimbabwe was in better shape than Nigeria, although things may have started inproving under the unity government.

motiin diagree
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by sulad82i(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2010
I dont blame this pple,
they need to do whatever they think will get them back on their feet
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by MandingoII(m): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2010
Zimbabwe is getting a bad rap, globally by the White media for taking back THEIR LAND and having the audacity for "self determination"

The Western media and its allies sponsor strife in Zimbabwe to show a political unrest.

When in reality - it just a few sellouts willing to do anything for MONEY.

I agree with Mugabe.

The west cannot tolerate a country trying to GOVERN BY ITS OWN MEANS AND PRACTICES.

They want all countries tied into its greedy power thirsty channel.

They do not teach this to the American public.

Yet the Europeans knows it very well.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2010
MandingoII:

Zimbabwe is getting a bad rap, globally by the White media for taking back THEIR LAND and having the audacity for "self determination"
The Western media and its allies sponsor strife in Zimbabwe to show a political unrest.
When in reality - it just a few sellouts willing to do anything for MONEY.
I agree with Mugabe.
The west cannot tolerate a country trying to GOVERN BY ITS OWN MEANS AND PRACTICES.
They want all countries tied into its greedy power thirsty channel.
They do not teach this to the American public.
Yet the Europeans knows it very well.
And your Mr Mugabe has being in power for 30 good yrs? All you have writen here is from his book cos this is exactly how he talks. Evil dictators blames the west. Ok since he has taken the land where is Zim now? People like u can't stop blaming the western media, we all know that Africa prob is bad leadership. Keep blaming everyone else apart from yourself.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by Beaf: 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2010
justwise:

And your Mr Mugabe has being in power for 30 good yrs? All you have writen here is from his book cos this is exactly how he talks. Evil dictators blames the west. Ok since he has taken the land where is Zim now? People like u can't stop blaming the western media, we all know that Africa prob is bad leadership. Keep blaming everyone else apart from yourself.

Every single thing Mandingo said is true.

Is Zimbabwe's economy not improving dramatically? You know why? . . .Obama isn't interested in screwing fellow blacks (we have a way of doing a pretty comprensive job of it without outside help anyway), that was one of the first things he shut down on Gordon Brown.

Zimbabwe is the first country in the World to have been stopped from trading in anything, yet they survived. Their currency was fu'cked by the West, so they played a fast one and now use the US Dollar which the West and the US are never ever gonna Bleep.

Its even in todays news, the IMF has restored Zimbabwe's vote (hail Obama).

@hugooh42
Read the above, I'm sure you don't know that Zimbabwe uses the US Dollar. We blacks love to run ourselves down like its a competion at the end of which we will get 72 virgins. It is just suicide.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by emisun(m): 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2010
Don't them mentally colonised fellows who are always ready to swallow hook,sink and line of anything from western media.economical sanctions shouldn't be based on political issues.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by sweet9ja: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2010
Migration is not new, it's as old as human history itself. The very first people migrated from Africa and spread all over the world. Americans, European, Asians can be found in all corners of the world. The British government called Brits who migrate to greener pastaurs enterprising. That Nigerians are also in all corners of the world does not necessarily mean they've given up on Nigeria or that Nigeria is a bad place to live in.

Those who see migrants as threat to their economy are myopic.
It was reliably reported that Nigerians in the diaspora remitted more than US$10b back home in 2009. However, this is minuscule compered to taxes, rent/morgage, and what they spent on general upkeep in their host countries. Infact, much of what they earned goes back into the local economy.

That zim girls are going for naija guys is not a surprise, naija man know how to care for him woman. Generally speaking, women don't like a man sitting around the house the whole day complaining, they like go getters.

Please, these thing about western conspiracy or propaganda against Africa is now out of fashion. Most of the problems we have today are self inflicted. Just look at, Kenya, Zim, Niger and even our own naija, na oyimbo say make we cos wahala for oursef?

Zim like RSA are jealous of the little success we've recorded over there hence all the ranting. Abeg make una commot there for dem, boooo!
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by justwise(m): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2010
sweet9ja:

That zim girls are going for naija guys is not a surprise, naija man know how to care for him woman. Generally speaking, women don't like a man sitting around the house the whole day complaining, they like go getters.

Please, these thing about western conspiracy or propaganda against Africa is now out of fashion. Most of the problems we have today are self inflicted. Just look at, Kenya, Zim, Niger and even our own naija, na oyimbo say make we cos wahala for oursef?

Zim like RSA are jealous of the little success we've recorded over there hence all the ranting. Abeg make una commot there for dem, boooo!

Thank you very much, over 40yrs now we are still blaming western conspiracy or propaganda.
Re: Mugabe Cracks Down On Nigerians by honeric01(m): 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2010
well, it's their country and they have every right to decide whatever they want for their country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beyonce Writes A Letter To Obama / Canada Foils 'major Terrorist Attack' / Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.