Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,568 members, 7,944,724 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

I Need Candid Advice!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Candid Advice!! (1110 Views)

I Need Candid Advice / A Candid Advice For The Young Unmarried Ladies / Please I Need Candid Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
I have been dating a guy for 1year and 8months now and his family members attend celestial church of which i told him right from the beginning that i dont like the Church. His family members dont behave as if they accept me but we have been pushing it for them to like me but i notice irregularities at all times.Now its time to settle down and church issues is at hand and his parents might not accept our decision of we both going to the same church. I am scared things might go wrong in future if he tells his decision to his parents.I love him so much but my happiness matters. Should i go ahead or not?
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
If I'm inferring correctly, your husband-to-be is okay to make the switch, to worship in the same church as you but his parents are not?
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
Are you marring into his family house?. Where do in-laws decide the church their son and daughter in-law should attend?.
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=PrimadonnaO post=59692038] If I'm inferring correctly, your husband-to-be is okay to make the switch, to worship in the same church as you but his parents are

His parents are not going to accept but he wants to take his decision as man. Is it right?
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
is it a must you attend same church with his family

is it not the same god all of u r serving
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
kimbra:
Are you marring into his family house?. Where do in-laws decide the church their son and daughter in-law should attend?.

Am not marrying into their family house but they are strong members of Celestine and they are not behaving like they dont want me.
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Next2Bezee(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
Do you really have to attend the same church? That doesn't sound like something that should be an issue at all if you both really want to be together.

Also it seems like your husband-to-be has to make his stance to his family if he is truly ready to marry you. Even if his family doesn't like it, they would have to support it if they know he has his mind made up.

That's a talk you should have with your man before things get too complicated. Good luck.
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by amuokuko: 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
U better move on with ur life nd forget such love.
There are religion/denomination that kills love for me, especially that u ve mentioned.

I once loved a gal but the day I knew she was reping Cele, I ran wat igbo people call Osundu....
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by VargasVee(m): 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Vexes me when I read stories like this.

Right from the onset you saw and confirmed the issues, that was when you should have broken things before it matured.

Forget whatever they're telling you here that you should go on, it's the man you're marrying. You think it's basically possible for him to blank out his whole family members?

Truss me, If you go into that marriage, you'd leave more broken than you were
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
Arinolah:

Am not marrying into their family house but they are strong members of Celestine and they are not behaving like they want me.
if ur man is ready to stand by u no p,but i think u are d 1 with issues
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
Preetiex:
if ur man is ready to stand by u no p,but i think u are d 1 with issues

Please what issues. Am only crying out loud. They behave like they dont want me. Its not only the man you marry but u marry is family members too
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by madridguy(m): 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Stop wasting your time if you know clearly within yourself that you won't be attending Celestial with your guy later on. And moreover Celestial hardly marry someone outside their sub-religion.

If you know you cannot wear white garment with no shoe, you better forget the infatuation you're calling love.

If the guy family face you with one red candle, your life will not be same again. Am not trying to scare you sister but if you know you dont have mother with multiple legs, you better heed to my warning.

Arinolah:
I have been dating a guy for 1year and 8months now and his family members attend celestial church of which i told him right from the beginning that i dont like the Church. His family members dont behave as if they accept me but we have been pushing it for them to like me but i notice irregularities at all times.Now its time to settle down and church issues is at hand and his parents might not accept our decision of we both going to the same church. I am scared things might go wrong in future if he tells his decision to his parents.I love him so much but my happiness matters. Should i go ahead or not?
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by SmellingAnus(m): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Evaberry:
is it a must you attend same church with his family

is it not the same god all of u r serving
I wonder o... Just now she don even dey control the poor dude... Na so e dey take start...
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
Arinolah:

Please what issues. Am only crying out loud. They behave like they dont want me. Its not only the man you marry but u marry is family members too
ok baby calm down,all of dem cant dislike u,besides does ur guy live with his family & do u spend time with them? if did guy loves u his family will accept u
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
VargasVee:
Vexes me when I read stories like this.

Right from the onset you saw and confirmed the issues, that was when you should have broken things before it matured.

Forget whatever they're telling you here that you should go on, it's the man you're marrying. You think it's basically possible for him to blank out his whole family members?

Truss me, If you go into that marriage, you'd leave more broken than you were
if she leaves dis guy,wat if d next guy has worst issues than this.I sugest they sort themselves out dis is just a petty issue
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=Arinolah post=59692146][/quote]

You have to be okay with his decision, though. And rather than all these assumptions you're making, try to start getting facts. Let his parents know from now and begin to pray about it. Parental consent in marriage is crucial. Do what you must to get them to consent.
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Arinolah:

why do you expect religious people (that you openly said you didnt like) to actually like you? the day you open your mind about their religious beliefs/church then possibly they will return the favor and take a liking to you...until then, you are just wasting your time.

as African adults, you can decide to marry with no family backing or seek for someone religiously compatible... but whats important is to BOTH be in sync with the issue at hand (and how to deal with it). so, instead of asking us NLers, why dont you instead communicate with your man.
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
First?, why is he allowing his parents to control his decisions?. Secondly, why is he not man enough to cut the chase and focus on something more important(You and the marriage). Nah like this marriage dey crash like play like play...
Thirdly, look for another man, if he's too foolish. Fourtly grin , please others should contribute.
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by VargasVee(m): 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
Preetiex:
if she leaves dis guy,wat if d next guy has worst issues than this.I sugest they sort themselves out dis is just a petty issue

Better safe than sorry.
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by ekdee: 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
Well, for me o, I can joke with anything but not what gives me joy, comfort and confidence and that is the spiritual aspect of life. Therefore, the first thing I look out for in any lady is where she worships and her teachableness, before I talk about physique and whatever.
If you know you can't cope with Cele in a day and your man is not assuring you of quitting that place without blinking his eyes, then quit the relationship because I will not support a chaotic marriage nor divorce in any form. Listen, "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do? "
Re: I Need Candid Advice!! by ekdee: 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
which church do you attend and to what extent are you spiritually inclined? Because, at a moment like this you should spend more time to pray in the Spirit (tongues) and get spiritual direction from The Holy Spirit, so that you will know whether to quit at this stage or use your spiritual authority to put all the family members under care. It works very well and you will have inward peace while things are progressing. I just use this method to resolve my personal relationship issue currently that wanted to get me hypertensive and amazingly I'm so relaxed now and all smiles.

(1) (Reply)

COMPLETE STORY ~ Must Read: My Ex But Not In Sex (18+) / There’s So Much Humiliation A Husband Can Take Before He Reacts! / 10 Ways Guys React When A Babe Comes To Visit For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.