Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,222 members, 7,880,813 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:19 AM

How To Add Links To Your Blog Posts And Boost Your Rank - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Add Links To Your Blog Posts And Boost Your Rank (1070 Views)

How To Add Links In Wordpress Posts & Pages, Buttons, Images And Widgets / Top 3 Ways To Improve Your Rank / I Got Adsense Approval In 5 Hours With 3 Posts And This Is What Learnt : Ebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Add Links To Your Blog Posts And Boost Your Rank by Vickwinners: 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hey fellow bloggers and global changers.

Trust you're having a wonderful day?

Ok. So I'm here again with our usual blogging tutorial and in today's smart blogging I'm a share with you, tips on how to add links to your blog posts.

Yeah. You know, linking is what makes the internet what it is, a network of websites connected together.

Now if done properly, linking to other websites can help your blog's SEO. Sorry if I'm sounding a bit techy.

Let me break it down. Linking happens in two ways. Linking to other people's websites (outgoing links) and getting links from other websites to your website/blog.

Look at it this way. I want to write a story about blogging for instance. In the story, i might need a brief definition of some blogging terms so my audience can understand what I'm blogging about.

But considering that listing all the definition in my article might make the whole post look long, boring and disorderly, i decided to quickly look up other blogs that define those terms, and then link them in my post at the relevant spot.

With this, if my readers want further details about definition of each term, they can just click on the link and read full details of the definition on the other blog.

Now, this saves me time while also giving my readers the complete information.

Now, to put it in a more simple way, links are interpreted by the search engine like thumbs up for a job well done. More like the likes we have on fb for instance when folks #write good stuff.

That's why the more quality back links a blog/web page has, the more it gets ranked better by Google.

Oh i even forgot to mention that you can write a post add a link to someone else's post that's relevant and then ask them to share the post with their audience. Now that does a whole lot of good for you two.

Alright, let's go check out how you can add links to your blog posts.

There are so many reasons why we should add links to blog posts but i will list the few most important ones below.

1. It gives your readers something more to learn about the topic. Here, instead of being the one to write it all out, your readers can also read more about your topic from other people’s blog.

A word of caution though… Just be sure you don’t “over link” it can be very distracting to readers.

2. Adding links to your blog posts reduces the time spent on writing a blog post. So instead of focusing on researching and writing the whole nitty gritty all by yourself, you save yourself some time when you link to other cool stuff in the topic area.

It could be an older blog post you’ve written on your website or a post written on a different blog entirely. When done right, linking broadens the topic for your readers and saves you some time in return.

3. Drives traffic to the linked post. When you link to a different post, people will most likely click to the link and read the other posts.

This drives traffic to the other post. On the other hand, your links also serves as an up vote, indicating to the search engine that the particular post you’re linking to is something that’s worthwhile.

The above is one of the important reason why people guest blog for other top blogs in their niche.

Let’s move away from the importance of having links on your blog posts a bit…

Let’s check out a real life application of a web link…

Okay. Let’s assume i want to write about the search engines and how they work. And this includes a collection of Google, Yahoo, Yandex, Bing etc…

I’m looking at writing nothing more than a 1,000 word blog post. So i begin to write my blog post…

At a point while writing the post, i realized that i can’t keep up with the 1,000 word limits for my blog post because the part i wrote about Google alone is over 500 words.

Because of this, begin to search for other websites that write about the search engines individually and in details.

Upon finding the post, i realized that those sites have been able to cover a lot more details than i did in my blog post because they are writing on the individual search engine.

I decide to write briefly about these four search engines in my post because i don’t want to exceed that 1,000 words limit.

Read the remaining part of the tutorials below...

https://www.victorwinners.com/smart-blogging-tutorial-how-to-add-links-to-blog-posts/

lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: How To Add Links To Your Blog Posts And Boost Your Rank by somtookeke(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2020
Google site search modifier

This blog post helps you to quickly index your new blog posts on Google. The strategies that I mention in this blog post have worked like a charm in indexing my blogs.

Before reading this blog post, you need to remember one thing.

The index time is dependent on the crawl rate (the rate at which Google bots crawl your content). This means higher the crawl rate greater the indexation speed.

All the tips you learnt when it comes to optimizing your site for crawlability also comes in handy for speeding up the indexation.

How to know whether your blog is indexed or not?

For this, you need to make use of domain name search modifier.

From the above screenshot, I can conclude that Google has indexed 25 of my site's webpages.

You need to at least be able to index your website before thinking about ranking it.

Read More:
https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/16-steps-for-blog-posts-index-2020.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Review This Website For Bugs / Adsense Approval Error. I Need Your Help. / Meet With The Best Content Lead Generators For Ur Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.